News Forum - Shorter quarantine times proposed for Thailand. From 7 days down to…?

Thaiger

Starting in May, high risk groups who have been in close contact with Covid 19 will still have to self isolate at home, but the time will be shortened from 7 days to 5 days. While the self isolation period is shorter, they will need to monitor their health for another 5 days, according to the Director-general of the Department of Disease Control (DDC), Opas Karnkawinpong. The proposal is being called the 5+5 quarantine program. At the moment, those at risk who came in contact with Covid 19 have to isolate themselves for a week, before monitoring their own well […]

The story Shorter quarantine times proposed for Thailand. From 7 days down to…? as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Starting in May, high risk groups who have been in close contact with Covid 19 will still have to self isolate at home, but the time will be shortened from 7 days to 5 days. While the self isolation period is shorter, they will need to monitor their health for another 5 days, according to the Director-general of the Department of Disease Control (DDC)

Maybe I’ve missed something, but I simply do not follow or can comprehend this at all. 

So let’s say I’m in a “high risk group”. Let’s suppose I’m 75 with some underlying health condition. This says that if I’ve been in close contact with someone who has Covid 19 I need to isolate at home. Why? Why would I isolate after I’ve already been subjected to an infected person?  What is the point of that? Shouldn’t I be testing myself daily and looking out for symptoms? If the assumption is that I may now have the virus and need to isolate in order not to pass it on to another person, then surely that’s the case for everyone? What has my being in a “high risk” group to do with anything? 

The lack of knowledge and logic in this story is literally beyond words. These are the so called experts FFS. Wouldn’t you love to sit in a meeting with these clowns and have them walk you through their thinking and logic? You would literally wipe the floor with them. To label them Imbeciles would be an insult to genuine imbeciles. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Soidog said:

Maybe I’ve missed something, but I simply do not follow or can comprehend this at all. 

So let’s say I’m in a “high risk group”. Let’s suppose I’m 75 with some underlying health condition. This says that if I’ve been in close contact with someone who has Covid 19 I need to isolate at home. Why? Why would I isolate after I’ve already been subjected to an infected person?  What is the point of that? Shouldn’t I be testing myself daily and looking out for symptoms? If the assumption is that I may now have the virus and need to isolate in order not to pass it on to another person, then surely that’s the case for everyone? What has my being in a “high risk” group to do with anything? 

The lack of knowledge and logic in this story is literally beyond words. These are the so called experts FFS. Wouldn’t you love to sit in a meeting with these clowns and have them walk you through their thinking and logic? You would literally wipe the floor with them. To label them Imbeciles would be an insult to genuine imbeciles. 

Well, everybody in this forum, who has been scaring mongering, said that it's 10 days of quarantine for incoming tourists whose positive upon arrival so when did the CCSA change that to 7 days? 

9 hours ago, Soidog said:

So let’s say I’m in a “high risk group”

I think that this is not the meaning. You are on high risk to be infected, when you have been close to someone who got already tested positive. Lost in translation, perhaps?

So, yes , my understanding, and there doings so far: It is for everyone, "in high risk, to be infected"

2 hours ago, ace035 said:

Well, everybody in this forum, who has been scaring mongering, said that it's 10 days of quarantine for incoming tourists whose positive upon arrival so when did the CCSA change that to 7 days? 

I think it's basically when you test negative

My MIL and BIL were in a "hospitel"

They said 10 days when entered, but they were let out in either 6 or 7 days

• Like 1

To the Salim clowns that need to hear his. 

Trickle up is coming. Trickle down was a lie, trickle up is a thing. 

In earlier times it was dubbed revolution.

Meanwhile, you either have seven days isolation, which aligns with the latest (ever-changing) science, or you dismantle isolation entire.

In crude terms, poop or get off the pot. 

You better get off the pot because the people are up to here with your poop since the seditious coup you legitimised by tank power back when.

By thinking modern Thailand will respond to "Vietnam War" rationale, and allow superannuated military dolts to continue the coup-go-round you paradoxically breed the conditions for China to appoint thier own anointed successor; likely from... You know where!

Just look at who is chummy with China in the highest circles.

Best you start embracing young Thais, your own blood, your very foot-soldiers, who seek change or you WILL be colonized from the north -for centuries perhaps. No question. 

Edited by Zorba_the_Geek

It looks like a round robin game.....What tourists want is "No Quarantine"...and not sure if that message is clearly understood. They are still going around beating the bush only to chase away the birds.....