Full reopening guidelines for Phuket and Samui

Thaiger

10 minutes ago, Canaless said:

Is is possible to take a transit flight to Phuket from Bangkok ? 
My country did not have direct flight until 1 August. 

Thanks

Can't advise re your BKK query since stipulations are changing daily. I'd be inclined to look at the 1 Aug option, if your work situation would permit.

Hello, Canaless and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

19 hours ago, King Cotton said:

It states RT-PCR test, which I understand, means 'real time', so presumably not for sending away for the 3 days of the normal PCR test and pretty rapid, I guess, 'guess' being the operative word, of course.

Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction. I don't know where the "real time" urban legend  started but I've seen it in a lot of places.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction.  I don't know where the "real time" urban legend  started but I've seen it in a lot of places.

Yes, thanks for the RT clarification, JamesE. That'll teach me not to take everything I read on seemingly 'learned' sites as if correct.

I'd visited a couple of sites where the term 'real time' was applied to the PCR test, despite it being a virtual contradiction in terms, e.g. medicspot.co.uk.

• Like 1

As usual, the Thai government is stupid.  They simply listed all the African nations as High Risk, even though the African nation I am in, Djibouti, has far less cases of COVID than most other countries in the world.  And they are keeping close count on their cases.  Where I am in Djibouti has ZERO cases of COVID, and hasn't had a positive case in two months. 

So now I have to cancel my vacation to Phuket and forgo seeing my wife for the first time in 19 months because the Thai government is the worst run government in the civilized world (and likely the uncivilized world as well). This also has me rethinking my plan to retire to Thailand. 

• Cool 1