News Forum - 48 ‘restaurant’ goers test positive for drugs in Northeast Thailand

Thaiger

48 ‘restaurant’ goers tested positive for drugs in Khon Khaen province in Thailand’s Northeast in the early hours of this morning. Police found 62 customers in the restaurant. Apart from food, they found alcoholic drinks and packets of crystal methamphetamine on the tables. Empty packets were found in trash cans. Officers from Ban Pet police station had been tipped off  that the restaurant was serving alcohol past the 9pm limit. All 62 were charged with violating measures to contain Covid-19. 48 of the 62 were also charged with using narcotic drugs after taking urine tests. A police major general said […]

The story 48 ‘restaurant’ goers test positive for drugs in Northeast Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

77% at 48 of 62 people caught with dirty pee tests. That's a big number. Now how on earth would this connect or follow the Chiang Rai bust last month makes zero sense to me as there is zero association as one is a major drug crime network and the other just a bunch of kids partying. And throwing in the Chonburi incident is just another one that makes zero sense. 

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

48 ‘restaurant’ goers tested positive for drugs in Khon Khaen province

But none were tested for COVID19?

Fined for breaking the rules, but the drug test came back first, and no report of being tested for COVID19, that now must be a thing of the past.

Oh and not one "DIRTY" farang in the bust...🤪

Class A Drugs have been floating/saturating the Thai culture since ..  

Seem's that the locals are FK'n themselves up and have been over my 23yrs of living and holidaying in LOS🙄

If only the social media and web could report the S##T I've witnessed over the years😤

Covid violations not worth a mention or fine unless your a tourist😷

• Like 1

Maybe, just maybe Thailand and the rest of the world should quit worrying about drug busts. The Biggest Drug Bust ever, Bigger than Big Drug Bust, The WE GOT THEM NOW DRUG BUST. Worlds Biggest Drug Bust. Maybe the answer is legalise them, tax them, and build Drug Treatment centers instead of prisons.

Just a thought.

Mark

The other day, my wife's son was stopped for the "pee" test. He was accompanied by his aunt. Surprise, surprise he was found positive. The fact that they where both working together on the land the whole day didn't make the police change their attitude. The "fee" of 10,000 Baht was required to "forget" the issue. These are simple farmers trying to eek out a meagre existence by hard and not very rewarding labor. Now, my wife, who had always tried to convince me to go and live with her in Thailand, has completely reversed her opinion and will now bring her son out of the land of smiles. But there are still the apologists here that think that this country is so wonderful. I will make sure to stay far  away from a place where bribery and corruption is so ingrained into the system .

5 hours ago, Donald said:

The other day, my wife's son was stopped for the "pee" test. He was accompanied by his aunt. Surprise, surprise he was found positive. The fact that they where both working together on the land the whole day didn't make the police change their attitude. The "fee" of 10,000 Baht was required to "forget" the issue. These are simple farmers trying to eek out a meagre existence by hard and not very rewarding labor. Now, my wife, who had always tried to convince me to go and live with her in Thailand, has completely reversed her opinion and will now bring her son out of the land of smiles. But there are still the apologists here that think that this country is so wonderful. I will make sure to stay far  away from a place where bribery and corruption is so ingrained into the system .

Highly unlikely to be true

Where did this happen ?

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

Where did this happen ?

This happens daily. A young Thai guy on a motorcycle is a prime target for roadside urine drug testing. 6 months in prison for driving under the influence of amphetamines plus a criminal record. 

3 minutes ago, Fanta said:

This happens daily. A young Thai guy on a motorcycle is a prime target for roadside urine drug testing. 6 months in prison for driving under the influence of amphetamines plus a criminal record. 

I know this - but the police trying a 10,000 punt from an alleged poor farmer is highly unlikely. They don't even try on that scale for a drink driving westerner!

10 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I know this - but the police trying a 10,000 punt from an alleged poor farmer is highly unlikely. They don't even try on that scale for a drink driving westerner!

Drugs are evil. Booze is a mistake…. lol. They   probably could have talked the price down if the  cop was alone (unlikely) on the side of the road (take 2-5,000) And it’s “riding on drugs” plus “drug consumption”. It’s 2 criminal charges. And probably the price to be released from the cop shop or actually paid at the cop shop (unless they had the money on them) so the “gift” must be shared. Or maybe it’s a scam for 10,000 baht. 

12 hours ago, Donald said:

But there are still the apologists here that think that this country is so wonderful. I will make sure to stay far  away from a place where bribery and corruption is so ingrained into the system

I agree that Thailand can be one hell of a place that really you should avoid for any long term stay. If issues such as bribery and corruption and the suffering of poor downtrodden people don’t bother you, then you can ignore it and live happy. If these kind of things prick your conscience, then Thailand isn’t the place for you. 

I don’t know if your wife and her son have spent any length of time outside of Thailand? If not, then be prepared for them not settling easily in to life in a western country. Thailand may be a shitty place in terms of the rule of law, but the vast majority of Thais love it and miss it within days of being away from home. 

Good luck with your new plans. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Benroon said:

They did for my wife and she blamed me! Because she has a farang name 555

She plays cards at her best friends on Fridays and I always tell her to not drive drunk

She really doesn't have a ton to drink, but enough to fail a breathylizer..........and she shouldn't regardless

So she got banged up and had to pay 20k

And I laughed and gave her a big "Som Nom f-ing Nah!"

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

I don’t know if your wife and her son have spent any length of time outside of Thailand? If not, then be prepared for them not settling easily in to life in a western country. Thailand may be a shitty place in terms of the rule of law, but the vast majority of Thais love it and miss it within days of being away from home. 

I don't know about that............there is always an adjustment, for sure

And they certainly love their country deeply.................But most adapt very well

10 hours ago, Soidog said:

I agree that Thailand can be one hell of a place that really you should avoid for any long term stay. If issues such as bribery and corruption and the suffering of poor downtrodden people don’t bother you, then you can ignore it and live happy. If these kind of things prick your conscience, then Thailand isn’t the place for you. 

Where else in the world are the Police entrepreneur’s with side businesses, restaurants, Lodgings?

How did they get 🤑 Rich?

Embarrassing really!

28 minutes ago, Grant said:

Where else in the world are the Police entrepreneur’s with side businesses, restaurants, Lodgings?

How did they get 🤑 Rich?

Embarrassing really!

Yes I agree. I know at least 5 Thai police of various ranks. All but one have “Outside interests” which include bars, gambling dens, “Karaoke” bars and money lending. From what I can see, they spend most of their day running their outside interests rather than doing police work. 

It’s a national embarrassment for a middle income country. 

18 hours ago, Benroon said:

Where did this happen ?

Regretfully very true indeed. Outskirts of Buriram. Maybe as a foreigner you are not to aware of what people have to put up with in Prayuts Thailand. I wouldn't make a statement like this if I didn't know the source to be a 100% reliable.

On 4/12/2022 at 6:18 AM, Donald said:

Regretfully very true indeed. Outskirts of Buriram. Maybe as a foreigner you are not to aware of what people have to put up with in Prayuts Thailand. I wouldn't make a statement like this if I didn't know the source to be a 100% reliable.

It's a bartering thing - if you tell any police you haven't got the money they are demanding they will take your best offer. What's the alternative ? they take you to jail which a) makes them no money, b) means shedloads of paperwork and a rocket from their boss for wasting time and c) takes them away further opportunities to extract cash!

If you get stopped and asked for cash, they don't hold all the cards if you don't come across as a quivering wreck.

4 hours ago, Benroon said:

It's a bartering thing - if you tell any police you haven't got the money they are demanding they will take your best offer. What's the alternative ? they take you to jail which a) makes them no money, b) means shedloads of paperwork and a rocket from their boss for wasting time and c) takes them away further opportunities to extract cash!

If you get stopped and asked for cash, they don't hold all the cards if you don't come across as a quivering wreck.

Yup

When driving in countries this may happen............I always carry cash amount I am willing to part ways with.

I got pulled over in Cancun, they are famous for taking your license and telling you that you need to go to the station the next day

They wanted $200usd, I gave them $45.00

Also, I always carry an odd number(not 10,20), so it seems that I am giving them all that I have