News Forum - Thailand’s Ministry of Interior urges tight Covid-19 enforcement during Songkran

Thaiger

The Permanent Secretary of Thailand’s Ministry of Interior has called on provincial governors to rigidly enforce Covid-19 restrictions. The Permanent Secretary, Suthipong Julcharoe, also suggested 10 “Universal Prevention” methods. These include frequent handwashing and not touching your face, as well as vulnerable groups staying at home. Suthipong also suggested double masking. Suthipong said events such as concerts, parties, and ceremonies, need local authorities’ permission before they start. He added that alcohol, public water splashing, and playing with powder are strictly prohibited. “Event organisers must conduct a self-evaluation through the Thai Stop COVID 2 Plus website”. Suthipong said that after celebrating […]

The story Thailand’s Ministry of Interior urges tight Covid-19 enforcement during Songkran as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

How many more Ministries are going to come out with their own last minute advisories? After 2 full years of this damn virus do these overpaid desk pilots really think the public are so stupid and uninformed that they need to be told things like wash your hands. The arrogance of these people is breathtaking.

• Like 6

Everyone is trying their best so that they can show less numbers after Songkran enabling them to review their "Test and Go"  and repackaging it in a more attractive way.....

• Like 1

I am hearing of people left and right getting Omnicron in CM. Within in the last 2 weeks heard of at least 5 that is coming from people around a friend's circle. I also just spoke to my best Thai friend who is a factory owner and he was in quarantine because one of his staff in his office tested positive. This virus is going to eventually hit the majority of folk no matter how safe you play it. Omnicron is running up really fast to be equal such as the measles for contagious. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Permanent Secretary of Thailand’s Ministry of Interior has called on provincial governors to rigidly enforce Covid-19 restrictions. The Permanent Secretary, Suthipong Julcharoe, also suggested 10 “Universal Prevention” methods. These include frequent handwashing and not touching your face, as well as vulnerable groups staying at home. Suthipong also suggested double masking. Suthipong said events such as concerts, parties, and ceremonies, need local authorities’ permission before they start. He added that alcohol, public water splashing, and playing with powder are strictly prohibited. “Event organisers must conduct a self-evaluation through the Thai Stop COVID 2 Plus website”. Suthipong said that after celebrating […]

The story Thailand’s Ministry of Interior urges tight Covid-19 enforcement during Songkran as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Ok...was there any chance of a headline stating the opposite? Nobody anywhere said anything that changed the outcome of the spreading of the virus. As if there is someone who is going to decide to stay home because of what the Minister of the Interior said. Just more government officials flexing and trying to justify their authority. 

• Like 4

I've just got off a video phone call with my Thai 'Friend'...

Hundreds of Thai's enjoying a concert inside the ..

Future Rangsit shopping mall.

No mask's - No social distancing and...😷

NO FARANG

The xenophobic's in charge really need to open their eyes..

It's your own that are shooting themselves and the country in the foot.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I am hearing of people left and right getting Omnicron in CM. Within in the last 2 weeks heard of at least 5 that is coming from people around a friend's circle. I also just spoke to my best Thai friend who is a factory owner and he was in quarantine because one of his staff in his office tested positive. This virus is going to eventually hit the majority of folk no matter how safe you play it. Omnicron is running up really fast to be equal such as the measles for contagious. 

My wife's whole family has gotten in it in the last 2 weeks

Both in Bangkok and the village in Suphanburi

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, cherryripe64 said:

NO FARANG

To be honest Future Park mall Rangsit is a bit on the outskirt and quite a distance away from BKK without BTS/MRT connection so it's not exactly a place where foreigners would frequent. Even before the pandemic you can hardly see foreigners at that mall compared to say another outskirt mall such as Mega Bangna

17 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

But... but... but... if you keep your mask on you won't get it... that's what they say... HAHAHA

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cherryripe64 said:

NO FARANG

While there's plenty of precedent for Xenophobic policies and attitudes here in Thailand, Asia et al., there's literally no mention  of farangs in this article, or the policies therein.  Sometimes things just aren't about you.  Nice rant, though. 😄

297.jpg.35e4b040e872b8e8564d5e299f96b882.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skip said:

But... but... but... if you keep your mask on you won't get it... that's what they say... HAHAHA

Omicron is a different animal than Delta and nearing the same contagious level as the measles if you understand that. So the mask is still a really great prevention method, but nothing is a guarantee. Delta directly attacks the lungs and Omicron takes a different approach to get there if it does go that far.

11 hours ago, Marc26 said:

My wife's whole family has gotten in it in the last 2 weeks

Both in Bangkok and the village in Suphanburi

Not a surprise at all. How are they all doing? I will maybe have a new story to tell in about a week or so. Stay safe. 

4 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Not a surprise at all. How are they all doing? I will maybe have a new story to tell in about a week or so. Stay safe. 

My MIL and BIL are in a "hospitel"

My MIL was pretty sick but getting better

My wife sent them there because her Mom wasn't doing well but also because she just landed and she still needed to her 5 day test 

My wife did comment she feels Thais aren't taking it as serious as we seem to in Vancouver 

They all just figure they will get it

That's her opinion 

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

My MIL and BIL are in a "hospitel"

My MIL was pretty sick but getting better

My wife sent them there because her Mom wasn't doing well but also because she just landed and she still needed to her 5 day test 

My wife did comment she feels Thais aren't taking it as serious as we seem to in Vancouver 

They all just figure they will get it

That's her opinion 

And everyone was vaccinated I take it which is a thank Buddha or could have been way worse.

Thais are a give and take as I see it. Yes do the mask but also let the guard down in many ways, but what I do see for here in CM is the foreingers are far more the ones for inconsistent and bucking it. Who knows, but we will see a severe increase as this holiday travel time gets to full scale and then ends. 

So from my perspective of outlook and how it is starting to rear its ugly little head, I too think it will hit a big majority of the folk here and possibly through out the world. The vaccine just helps most from serious to fatal end results. This may just be a good thing but something we have to humo our way through it. The ones who are vaccinated already will have a far easier time getting through it than the ones who are not.

Public Health Minister Anutin “suggested” Thais completely skip alcohol during Songkran, and focus on family and “traditional religious activities”

Good luck with that suggestion.