Retirement funds clarification

My wife and I plan to retire in thailand. We are aware of the income/savings requirements. However we can't find any information if they are per person or per couple. Do we just double the amounts? Or is it less than double? Appreciate the help!

27 minutes ago, Dekostop said:

My wife and I plan to retire in thailand. We are aware of the income/savings requirements. However we can't find any information if they are per person or per couple. Do we just double the amounts? Or is it less than double? Appreciate the help!

Our Immi expert is off line but I think he might suggest husband going with Retirement extension which requires min 800k deposit and with you as a dependant.  Otherwise, it is 2 X 800k, if both on Reirement extensions.

• Thanks 1

I assume your wife is not Thai.
If you obtain the Non Imm O-A Visa, the Thai Embassy will issue your wife a Non O Visa.
Your wife can then 'piggyback' your annual extensions within Thailand.

Otherwise you can both obtain Non Imm O Visas and have independent annual extensions for which you'll both require 800K THB in separate Thai bank accounts.

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2022 at 5:26 PM, Faz said:

If you obtain the Non Imm O-A Visa, the Thai Embassy will issue your wife a Non O Visa.

Why does he need a non O-A.

He can obtain a non O (retirement) and she can piggy back from that as dependant. 

6 hours ago, jackbendigo said:

Why does he need a non O-A.

I  never stated he 'needs' the O-A, I stated 'if' he obtains the O-A'.

6 hours ago, jackbendigo said:

He can obtain a non O (retirement) and she can piggy back from that as dependant. 

He can, or alternatively they can extend their stay separately.
The issue with 'piggybacking' is your extension is dependant on the independents extension.