News Forum - International travellers trickle back into Bangkok, but hoteliers say it’s not enough

Thaiger

Suvarnabhumi International Airport has seen a significant increase in international travellers since Thailand scrapped its pre-travel PCR test requirement last Friday. Well that’s the general narrative that’s been published in some media, although the published numbers don’t stand up to close scrutiny. Bangkok’s aviation hub saw an average of more than 11,600 daily arrivals from abroad touch down in the Big Mango from April 1-4, the Bangkok Post reported (as well as the Thai Government’s English media, Thai PBS World). Once PCR tests were lifted for those entering the country via the Test & Go and Sandbox schemes, the airport […]

The story International travellers trickle back into Bangkok, but hoteliers say it’s not enough as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

'International travellers trickle back into Bangkok, but hoteliers say it’s not enough'

What a strange header! . . . even if travellers flowed into BKK, the hoteliers would be saying similar words.

Now if they were to pour into Bangkok . . . that might just keep them happy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Bangkok’s aviation hub saw an average of more than 11,600 daily arrivals

When this is 116,000 per day OK on the way.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Its not just about PCR testing.  Of all the measures that was about the least of someone's worries.  The lack of visa exemptions (30 day), insurance, thai pass, quarantine etc is what is keeping people from coming.  Amazing they dont see this.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

Its not just about PCR testing.  Of all the measures that was about the least of someone's worries.  The lack of visa exemptions (30 day), insurance, thai pass, quarantine etc is what is keeping people from coming.  Amazing they dont see this.

There is still visa exemption, I believe

• Like 2

So it appears that the planes in the first 4 days of April had a LOT fewer empty seats than the average of the March arrivals.

A friend is travelling to Thailand because the price of the tickets was dirt cheap

people are not come to Bangkok when last drinks are served at 10:30pm lol…..yea, I can go to some terrible craphole with terrible drinks, smoke and lowlife people. 

Why would anyone leave fully opened western country for a holiday with masks, tests and no nightlife?

The only thing that works are the islands where people feel least limitations 

20 minutes ago, francoa said:

people are not come to Bangkok when last drinks are served at 10:30pm lol…..yea, I can go to some terrible craphole with terrible drinks, smoke and lowlife people. 

Why would anyone leave fully opened western country for a holiday with masks, tests and no nightlife?

On a normal time, what % of tourists you think are out past 11pm?

Although many people are out late.....I think the % would be a lot less than you think

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, francoa said:

Exactly, islands like Koh Phangan, Koh Tao, Koh Samui & Phuket, man, everything open past 4am including gogo bars & soapie massage etc..

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

On a normal time, what % of tourists you think are out past 11pm?

Although many people are out late.....I think the % would be a lot less than you think

A lot, it is Bangkok dude, people come to party…vacation is a party for majority. Adult people go for a drink at 9-10 earliest…staying 1.5 hrs is not fun.

Again, it is Bangkok. On islands, situation is different, purpose of visit is different, but not in a huge concrete hit city

1 hour ago, francoa said:

A lot, it is Bangkok dude, people come to party…vacation is a party for majority. Adult people go for a drink at 9-10 earliest…staying 1.5 hrs is not fun.

Again, it is Bangkok. On islands, situation is different, purpose of visit is different, but not in a huge concrete hit city

have you ever been to Bkk?  if not, go when everything is opening up (pre-covid)....really opening up.....the party starts at 11:00PM...until closed, and then sometimes on the sidewalks until all ours of the night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, francoa said:

Again, I don't think you realize how many people actually come to Thailand 

How many families and couples 

This is coming from someone who doesn't like to go out before 9pm

Who would stay out until 6-8am in Thailand

There is still so many, many others that don't 

11,600 a day and they (govt) are targeting millions will come ?? 11, 600 per day for a month is only a few hundred thousand, intermixed with business travelers and Thai nationals. In Australia I have not seen any advertising " come to Thailand" I was there in January and was going to travel at Easter , but high airfares masks and the one day hotel stay put me of, I will wait til July

6 hours ago, Charlie said:

have you ever been to Bkk?  if not, go when everything is opening up (pre-covid)....really opening up.....the party starts at 11:00PM...until closed, and then sometimes on the sidewalks until all ours of the night.

I think you are answering to a wrong person

6 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Again, I don't think you realize how many people actually come to Thailand 

How many families and couples 

This is coming from someone who doesn't like to go out before 9pm

Who would stay out until 6-8am in Thailand

There is still so many, many others that don't 

lol, why 6-8 am? Why Thailnd when we speak about Bangkok? Why family with kids when Bangkok is certainly not being visited by families with kids, maybe just a stop over. What the hell are you making your case on :D

Edited by francoa

59 minutes ago, francoa said:

lol, why 6-8 am? Why Thailnd when we speak about Bangkok? Why family with kids when Bangkok is certainly not being visited by families with kids, maybe just a stop over. What the hell are you making your case on :D

You sound rather young 

And you sound like you only been to certain type of places

You may come to party in Thailand 

But there are literally millions of tourists that come to Thailand and aren't out all night 

You may need to broaden your horizons 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2022 at 12:28 PM, Marc26 said:

You sound rather young 

And you sound like you only been to certain type of places

You may come to party in Thailand 

But there are literally millions of tourists that come to Thailand and aren't out all night 

You may need to broaden your horizons 

and there are millions who come to party