News Forum - Thailand promotes tourism packages to attract 1 million Southeast Asian tourists

Thaiger

As countries throughout the Asia-Pacific region ease their pandemic-era travel restrictions and reopen their borders, Thailand aims to take advantage of the resumed international flights. By the end of the year, Thailand hopes to attract some 1.75 million international tourists via short-haul flights, with more than a million coming from Southeast Asian counties alone. To reach their international tourism target, the Tourism Authority of Thailand is collaborating with budget airline Thai AirAsia to bring in a minimum of 18,000 tour packages within the next few months, according to the Bangkok Post. From April to July, the TAT is teaming up […]

The story Thailand promotes tourism packages to attract 1 million Southeast Asian tourists as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

No need to plan or think....just scrap the "Test & Go" program totally. Instantly tourists will flock in to the country from all over the world....

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

No need to plan or think....just scrap the "Test & Go" program totally. Instantly tourists will flock in to the country from all over the world....

And any subsequent rise in Covid infections and deaths will be met with feigned horror and disguised delight by the Opposition who will lay the blame solely on the government’s decision to relax restrictions while downplaying any economic benefits. The government will have to bite the bullet on this one day but until they declare the pandemic endemic it isn’t going to happen. 

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

without as many entry restrictions as before,

Isn't that a great promotion slogan:
"we have less rules than before" 😂

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

And any subsequent rise in Covid infections and deaths will be met with feigned horror and disguised delight by the Opposition who will lay the blame solely on the government’s decision to relax restrictions while downplaying any economic benefits. The government will have to bite the bullet on this one day but until they declare the pandemic endemic it isn’t going to happen. 

Anyone sitting on the hot seat has to bear the heat. That is the reality. Seeing the situation, it is a "do or die" situation for many in the country. Well, there is no gain without any pain. And after 2 years of Pandemic Management, if still it cannot me managed, then those who are managing it has to take the full responsibility for the outcome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

The government will have to bite the bullet on this one day but until they declare the pandemic endemic it isn’t going to happen. 

Did you choose to ignore this? 

1 hour ago, Ramanathan.P said:

And please no more tests upon arrival. That is the one big issue for most travelers from SEA and anywhere in the world. It also doesn't matter if it remains a PCR test or if you can use antigen tests instead. Nobody wants to risk being forced into incredibly expensive isolation - and unless I actually see a whole bunch of reports saying that Thai insurances really paid for isolation for asymptomatic/mild cases without any hassle, I would assume that I would have to cover the costs myself. 

Needless to say, if I personally thought I might have an infection, I would isolate immediately, but I would do so at my hotel room and pay the standard room rate - no need for overpriced hospitels, hospitals or designated hotels. 

Indonesia just dropped the test requirement upon arrival for fully vaccinated travelers and I am sure most countries in Asia that still insist on such on-arrival tests will do the same soon. Interestingly, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, Sri Lanka, India, Nepal etc. also do not require them anymore - at least for fully vaccinated visitors. Details and rules do vary from country to country, but generally as a fully vaccinated traveler, you now have plenty of choices in Asia to go to without having to do any tests on arrival.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jimbo111 said:

They must know why people are not coming ,everyone knows . 

Saving Face above ALL!!!!!!!!!  How dare we admit failure!!!!!