News Forum - Thailand bans single-use plastic products from national parks

Thaiger

The next time you go for a hike, swim or boat ride in Thailand’s protected great outdoors, make sure to bring a reusable water bottle. Beginning April 6, all single-use plastics and styrofoam products are banned from entering national parks in Thailand. Specifically, single-use plastic items such as bottles, bags, spoons, forks, straws and cups thinner than 36 microns will not be allowed to enter any national park in Thailand. The Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation published the announcement in the Royal Gazette on Tuesday. The ban is being done to protect the wildlife habitats, including fragile […]

The story Thailand bans single-use plastic products from national parks as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

10 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

This is not the first time Thailand has waged war on disposable plastics.

Somehow, its always forgotten. I doubt the people here really understand the problem.

• Like 1

I am all in favour of this, even if it will be very difficult to enforce.

I recall when the first plastic bag ban occurred, people said 'it was impossible', 'it'd last a day or so', and it would 'never work'. Fast forward a while and I never see plastic bags at Tesco's, Big C or the like, and I don't see them at 7-11 either.

The markets still aren't switching over, but individual action does help. I am known in my market by the market ladies as "The Farang with the plastic bags" and they both point me out to their friends and chide me if I ever forget them. And, it should be noted, the market ladies, on occasion, give me free stuff BECAUSE they like that I bring my own bag.

It takes a wee bit of getting used to, but when you do, not using plastic bags is quite simple.

And, it helps cool animals in the wild.

Win-Win.'

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The next time you go for a hike, swim or boat ride in Thailand’s protected great outdoors, make sure to bring a reusable water bottle. Beginning April 6, all single-use plastics and styrofoam products are banned from entering national parks in Thailand. Specifically, single-use plastic items such as bottles, bags, spoons, forks, straws and cups thinner than 36 microns will not be allowed to enter any national park in Thailand. The Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation published the announcement in the Royal Gazette on Tuesday. The ban is being done to protect the wildlife habitats, including fragile […]

The story Thailand bans single-use plastic products from national parks as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Question

Are the Thai government getting in early on Water festival?

Green and Environment?

Awash with Tourists?

Flooding in ?

Water themes?

Klong clean up?

Plastic bags?

A grab for votes?

20 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Read the full story