Sandbox latest, CCSA says all regions reopening must reach 70% local vaccination

Thaiger

Discussions about re-opening Thailand have spread beyond Phuket with the latest decisions from the CCSA. Meanwhile, Phuket’s Sandbox re-opening date of July 1 looms. The main narrative out of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration is the need for regions or provinces, slated for re-opening to vaccinated overseas travellers, to have vaccinated 70% of their resident population before they can open their doors. In Phuket, just over 62% of the local island population have received a single dose of Covid vaccine, but only just over 30% have been fully vaccinated with both doses. Those numbers have been published by the […]

The post Sandbox latest, CCSA says all regions reopening must reach 70% local vaccination appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

reading news this week, i noticed that in official releases there are "vaccinated" and "fully vaccinated" statements. i think we have to be very clear that "vaccinated" is what is referred to sandboxes now and it's a grave danger to all Thai people. many 40-50% fully vaccinated countries are locking down now because of the new waves, this government is in a state of euphoria promising to open Thailand with 1.97M (2.8%) people fully vaccinated in a whole country so far out of 7.22M jabs given so far

• Cool 1

In the source article it says the PCR test is within 72 hours of arrival. That’s huge especially if you are using a connecting flight. Since it can take 2-3 days to get a test result, some people will be taking off without knowing yet. So if the infection rate gets high enough, they lock down the province? Reasonable but another risk that must be factored in. Especially with so many Thais being vaccinated with Chinese vaccines. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hen said:

I have got my COE yesterday for go to Phuket 2. July already

Best wishes with that.

Hello, Hen and and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

I'm no rocket scientist but HOW will they achieve 70% by July 1st???

Given they have no vaccines as stated by aunty tin and those they will get 'soon' are targeted for DEEP RED zones like BKK..

I must be missing something.. time for a beer to clear my head :)

• Haha 1

That is all right ozvension, the Thais think they are rocket scientists, which is why they believe they can vaccinate 70 percent by July the 1st.

It seems they are determined to open anyway.

8 hours ago, Hen said:

I have got my COE yesterday for go to Phuket 2. July already?

That would seem to contradict the last paragraph of this article. 

Still have not found confirmation that traveller must fly direct to Phuket from abroad. It seems most likely to be the case, but on TAT site and every news source, nowhere does it spell out “no domestic transfers allowed”! Ready to book 4 July flight from BKK to avoid quarantine but must confirm first. 

• Like 1

Peter this is part of the scam. They do not declare the restrictions in order they can charge any cost they can dream up.

If you were to buy a bacon sandwich in the west online, and after they had your card numbers, they charged packager fees, administration fees, sales tax, weekend extras overtime charges, you would be outraged,

You would have a remedy in court.

However in Thailand they would do all this in the knowledge, they have taken the money from your bank account and it would take you ten years to have a Thai court to declare you are wrong, and the Thai is not.

4 hours ago, Tjampman said:

Did you book quarentine hotel? And then just hoping you can change COE/booking before arrival?

I was let to believe by the Thaiger that you are not able to apply for the phuket sandbox until it is made official.

? The Sandbox is not aproved yet and not before it will be in the royal gazette. So I wouldnt take that risk package with bad surprises! There could be many changes and then you have no escape any more!

• Cool 1

9 hours ago, Hen said:

I have got my COE yesterday for go to Phuket 2. July already?

At this stage is like rent a jet ski at jet ski mafia. Can I ask you if you were in Thailand before, because this is very risky and like gambling before all restrictions and traps are official

• Cool 1