News Forum - SURVEY: The BIG question – Bum Gun or Toilet Paper – final results

Thaiger

So the results are out. When asked the big question, respondents favoured Thailand (and Asia’s) ubiquitous ‘bum gun’ over toilet paper. Full article below, but here are some of the reader responses from today’s The Thaiger YouTube survey. WARNING: Plentiful euphemisms for ‘bottom’ ahead… • “Bum guns – best things ever! Bum gun to clean, TP to dry. Does a much better job and gentler, esp being re-plumbed (post cancer). I’ve already included them in the design of my new place.” – Mark • “I can’t believe I lived 60 years using toilet tissue without having learned about bum guns. And […]

The story SURVEY: The BIG question – Bum Gun or Toilet Paper – final results as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Sorry not convinced and to the poster who said that paper spreads it about, well you are doing it all wrong, I find that it wipes it off.

I would rather use a flame thrower on my back end than a 1000 psi pressure washer splitting me in two.💩

10 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Sorry not convinced and to the poster who said that paper spreads it about, well you are doing it all wrong, I find that it wipes it off.

I would rather use a flame thrower on my back end than a 1000 psi pressure washer splitting me in two.💩

So it was good enough for Elvis to die on the toilet but not good enough for you? Fussy, fussy 😆

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

So, leaving out the masochists among us, who is in favour of botty sprayers?

• Cool 1

2 minutes ago, Fanta said:

So it was good enough for Elvis to die on the toilet but not good enough for you? Fussy, fussy 😆

Didn't Elvis once have a hit with 'You Ain't Nothing but a Brown Bog?'

I once did my back in just sitting down on the bog, and went to hospital in an ambulance then spent a week on bed recovering, so don't get me going on the pissoir. True story.

Bum guns work in Thailand because the water is tepid. 

The thought of hitting your rusty sheriffs badge with a jet of water barely above freezing back in Scotland would eventually drive you insane.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

back in Scotland would eventually drive you insane.

This is Scotland you're talking about, 'more insane than normal' is a more appropriate phrase. 

• Haha 2

Find my daily single poo time comes at get up time so then it’s cleaned at get-up shower time with soap. If home out of sequence it’s wet wipes. Only if outside it’s paper as adequate & quick. 
Cannot properly dry water use with toilet paper that’s too thin.

7 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Find my daily single poo time comes at get up time so then it’s cleaned at get-up shower time with soap. If home out of sequence it’s wet wipes. Only if outside it’s paper as adequate & quick. 

Specially that cheap stuff that lets your finger poke through!

2 minutes ago, Fester said:

Yeah, suppose you could bring in the thicker sink hand towels though 🤣😉

20 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

I think that’s the drawback with the bum gun, you have to settle for a wet backside for a while and toilet paper is not good on liquids .

Of course if the cat is nearby ………….

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

I think that’s the drawback with the bum gun, you have to settle for a wet backside for a while and toilet paper is not good on liquids .

That’s why I suggested prior planning by bringing in thicker paper towels from the sink area outside, for effective bum drying.. but as I explained above I’m not a bum gun man myself 😎🤣

Just now, oldschooler said:

That’s why I suggested prior planning by bringing in thicker paper towels from the sink area outside, for effective bum drying.. but as I explained above I’m not a bum gun man myself 😎🤣

Doesn’t the jetted water also get up your back and wet your shirt ? Would be worried about water control & spreading the poo …😉🤣😠

Using Vaseline's 'Deep Repair and Restore' cream to clean your bum, means that it will retain its youthful good looks throughout your life, indeed, it will be the last thing to die and shrivel up  when you do.  

6 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Does the name Claude Nutz mean anything to you?😃

• Haha 2

When I visit the mil’s house i have so far managed to avoid the “ number 2’s “ ( with the aid of a nearby PTT station ) and often wonder how they manage as the squat toilet has no bum gum and the toilet paper is non existent. In fact it’s an Isaan style bathroom with an open tiled receptacle for showering and a smaller one for “ slooshing “ down the toilet, both fed by a hose.

Of course squeezing the end of the hose could cause some pressure into a makeshift bum gun but that would mean losing all the accuracy of a bum gun, as yet I haven’t the courage to ask them and to be honest i think i’d rather not know !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Doesn’t the jetted water also get up your back and wet your shirt ? Would be worried about water control & spreading the poo …😉🤣😠

Always spray downhill and start off with a gentle stream by controlling the pressure before going full bore 😯

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Always spray downhill and start off with a gentle stream by controlling the pressure before going full bore 😯

Someone has been taking lessons.........😉

37 minutes ago, Fester said:

Just double it up.............................

6 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Hmm quite “ technical”  🤣practice first at home naked I guess ! 🤣

mind you my Thai lady complains about the stink of wet wipes ( used rarely) even double wrapped and  one time our young son pulled them out the bin and draped them on the cleaning bucket ! 😫lady furious !😠

Now put in plastic at “bottom” ( he he geddit ?) of main bin bag changed daily🤣

6 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Just double it up.............................

Tried quadruple wrap …. Still breaks ! 

23 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Does the name Claude Nutz mean anything to you?😃

That “ other” forum has a “ confused” icon for this post ( in my case) ?? …..🥺closest from my icon store! 

2 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

LOL.  You must have phenomenal water pressure in your home or condo

Pretty simple,  next to your toilet is a valve to regulate water pressure.  Also a decent trigger handle on the sprayer can regulate the amount of water if you only depress it a little at a time. 

Like learning not to twist the throttle all the way on a motorcycle when starting out  

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Someone has been taking lessons.........😉

Everyone has to be good at something …. 😉

GCSE in Waste Management 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

LOL.  You must have phenomenal water pressure in your home or condo

Pretty simple,  next to your toilet is a valve to regulate water pressure.  Also a decent trigger handle on the sprayer can regulate the amount of water if you only depress it a little at a time. 

Like learning not to twist the throttle all the way on a motorcycle when starting out  

That might be a great idea if the shower and everything else wasn't connected to the valve that needs a complete company of the Parachute Regt to turn it on. 😉