Do we need a degree to be eligible to apply for work permit in Thailand?

I would like to work in Thailand as a Teacher but I have only diploma certificate, is it possible? and is there any course to get degree within a short time?

1 hour ago, JustAnotherExpat said:

Gotta ask - what do you mean by "diploma certificate?"

I mean I don't have a bachelor's degree, only diploma and some certificates

Short answer - No, you can't work legally as a teacher in Thailand without a work permit, and you must have a Bachelors degree to get the work permit. You can technically work as a teacher's assistant without the Bachelors but those positions are scarce as hen's teeth.

Having said that, there are schools who have been known to hire teachers in your state on the down low. Keep in mind it's absolutely illegal and if immigration makes a surprise visit and you don't scatter quickly enough, they can put in in jail, deport you and/or blacklist you for a long time.

I was such a teacher and worked for eight years without a degree. Then a Thai teacher got caught beating a little one, and since then immigration has been very active looking for illegal teachers. (Yeah, there's no direct corelation, it makes no sense, but TITS). That was a few years ago and I sense the scrict adherence is loosening up a bit.

The second part of your question - there's no fast track to a degree. I don't know of any brick and mortar schools in Thailand offering Bachelor degrees that are accepted internationally and online degrees are expensive.

Hope this helps.