News Forum - Songkran: MOPH to measure blood alcohol levels during festival’s ‘7 Dangerous Days’

Thaiger

The Ministry of Public Health plans to use blood testers to measure the alcohol level of drivers during the “Seven Dangerous Days of Songkran”. Authorities say the blood test would be used in addition to the standard breathalyzer test. If anyone refuses to get tested, officers will assume them to be drunk. The crowded roads during the annual Songkran Festival causes many traffic accidents, especially during the seven days from April 11 to 17, which are considered some of the most dangerous days to drive on the road in Thailand. On Monday, the Sathit Pitutecha, Deputy Minister of the Ministry […]

The story Songkran: MOPH to measure blood alcohol levels during festival’s ‘7 Dangerous Days’ as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

555 one more briljant plan from a real smart man today the fun factor has no limit it come in real handy if they bleeding out after a accident take the last drop of blood and you know he was drunk  

• Like 1

The cops are determined to stick their flimsy masked face in your car to smell for alcohol while barking out orders!

Hence the silent spreaders ! SS

One has to be a idiot to drive around ,period.

Take a look at those involved in road accidents and you will find a significant number of drunk pedestrians. So why are drivers the only ones being blood tested. Yet again a partial response to a massive national problem.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

choice for drivers who couldn’t take a breathalyzer, such as drivers so intoxicated they’ve become inebriated

Quite a few then😵

18 minutes ago, Pompies said:

Take a look at those involved in road accidents and you will find a significant number of drunk pedestrians. So why are drivers the only ones being blood tested. Yet again a partial response to a massive national problem.

I cant work out if this was a serious comment😱

• Like 4

I wish they would come up with a test that measures the idiocy of the people in charge here. Every time  they open their mouth they will need to take a test. 

20 hours ago, Pompies said:

Are you that low IQ? So what? I go have a beer, then I go home, get stopped on the street, take my blood and get a fine because I had beers and walked home? What exactly is illegal on that? jesus christ, some people have really hollow heads 

• Like 1