90 day reporting online

2 days ago I tried reporting my 90 day online but quess what? Yes this site is also not working again. Why has there been no reports about this. It seems every other site for foreigners is not working also. Just wanted to get my point across so this adds to the frustration and confusion we are adapt with.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dom said:

2 days ago I tried reporting my 90 day online but quess what? Yes this site is also not working again. Why has there been no reports about this. It seems every other site for foreigners is not working also. Just wanted to get my point across so this adds to the frustration and confusion we are adapt with.

I just looked and the site is up, appears to be working although it took a while to get beyond the splash page (in Chrome).  Navigate to TM47Action page and scroll down, agree to all the conditions, then click ACCEPT.  If you haven't ticked the agree box the next page will not load.

The site has it's ups and downs, more downs unfortunately.  Frustrating.

• Like 2

90-day reporting online - I have tried many times last year and also some months ago and it didn't work, but I read news recently that it's up and running again.  So I tried on 7-Jun-21, at first I got a reply of NOT APPROVED, with no reason given.  I felt not right as it's my regular reporting which I had to go immigration personally, so I tried again by submitting SAME INFO, somehow I got a reply of APPROVED (2nd time lucky?) and also given the copy with APPROVED stamp on it along with the next reporting date slip. Try again, good luck!

21 minutes ago, Bill said:

90-day reporting online - I have tried many times last year and also some months ago and it didn't work, but I read news recently that it's up and running again.  So I tried on 7-Jun-21, at first I got a reply of NOT APPROVED, with no reason given.  I felt not right as it's my regular reporting which I had to go immigration personally, so I tried again by submitting SAME INFO, somehow I got a reply of APPROVED (2nd time lucky?) and also given the copy with APPROVED stamp on it along with the next reporting date slip. Try again, good luck!

Ha-ha, 2nd time lucky, indeed and a happy story for a change . . . thanks for that!

Hello, Bill and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

The 90 days online reporting seems hit and miss at best .

My experience is:

I could make online reports up until the website went down ( mid-feb ? ) and I made my March report in person. The website returned back online about a month and a half ago ( ? ) and i tried an online report in June.

Despite trying different browsers ( Chrome, Edge, IE and Safari ) , religiously checking my details and trying some recommendations ( only fill places with an asterisk, use drop down boxes etc )  after 30 attempts I gave in and went in person. Couldn’t get past page 1 and always got the “ Visit your Immigration Office “ message.

Some expats claimed that once you do it in person the online website doesn’t see this report and requests you visit your office but others claim to have done an in person report followed by online so that theory goes out the window.

My own theory is that on doing the in person report the IO has not updated the online system or made a mistake doing this and therefore the online website doesn’t see your last report.

There has to be some common trigger that is being missed to allow you to do your online report as it appears to be a 50/50 success rate.

Dwizzley

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 5:11 AM, DwizzleyMatthews said:

There has to be some common trigger that is being missed to allow you to do your online report as it appears to be a 50/50 success rate.

I guess I've been fortunate.  100% success rate for me, but I just renewed my passport.  I took it in to have the stamp transferred, so I'll see if my next 90 day under the new number still works online.

Just did my first online. Visa was extended in January and reported face to face last time. Tried the online just now and worked fine. I was 5 days away from it being due for reporting. It did say you can't use only if past the due date but rest seemed quite straightforward. Perhaps it is luck.

18 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

Just did my first online. Visa was extended in January and reported face to face last time. Tried the online just now and worked fine. I was 5 days away from it being due for reporting. It did say you can't use only if past the due date but rest seemed quite straightforward. Perhaps it is luck.

It used to be that one could only report on line in the 14 > 7 days before due date, window.  I wonder if this has changed?  Can anyone confirm?

4 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

It used to be that one could only report on line in the 14 > 7 days before due date, window.  I wonder if this has changed?  Can anyone confirm?

Yes. It is "15 days before up to the report date"

(It actually works out at 14 calendar days because day 1 is included ie Report date 28th.... start online 14th up to and including 28th)

2 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Yes. It is "15 days before up to the report date"

(It actually works out at 14 calendar days because day 1 is included ie Report date 28th.... start online 14th up to and including 28th)

Sorry, I know that.  I didn't make myself clear in relation to the "5 days away" remark. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

You can do your 90-day report on-line in the window from 14 days before till - and including - actual due date.

When you do it in person at the local Immigration Office of the province where you are residing, you can on top of that 14-day reporting window also do it in the 6 days after due date.

90-day on-line reporting window.png

Well there you go ?

Thanks BlueSphinx.  I never knew they'd changed it, for the better too!

We'd always lose at least a week, each report, the old way.

I tried first with Chrome on my laptop and failed, then used my Android phone to download the app and failed, but then when I downloaded the app on an iPhone it worked for myself and a friend; no clue why but you could try. 

37 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Well there you go ?

We'd always lose at least a week, each report, the old way.

Hi @KaptainRob,

That's correct, and when you are not doing your 90-day reports on-line, but do them in person at your local immigration office it is not recommended to do it in the very first days of the 14 day + 6 day application window you have.  The reason being that your next due date will be 90 days after the date of submission/approval of your 90-day report.  And by doing it at the very beginning of the 14-day window you effectively change it into a '75-day report'.   When doing your 90-day reports on-line - which only takes 3 minutes - losing those days is no issue, but when doing them in person especially when your local immigration office is not close-by, it's best to wait and only do them in the 6 days windows after due date.

1 hour ago, KaptainRob said:

Well there you go ?

They haven't changed it Rob, the online 90 day online reporting has always been ''within 15 days before, up to the due date'', Within 15 days includes the report date, but the earliest day you can apply online is 14 days before the due date, as the infographic above proves.
I find the easiest way to calculate the first date you can apply online, is if your 90 day is due on a Tuesday, then the first day you can apply is the Tuesday two weeks beforehand. 

Reporting by post they recommend you post so they receive it 14 days before the due date.

In person they word it ''within 15 days before or up 7 days after'', again confuses many as that includes the report date. Most foreigners state 'before' and 'after' (not the same as 'within'), so to be correct, it's actually 14 days before or up to 6 days after the actual report date.

The online reporting will always date your next report from the day it's approved as it's done electronically.
By post and in person the new report date was always 90 days from the previous due date, but that's changed at many Immigration offices to the new report being due 90 days from approval.
As @BlueSphinx mentioned above, the only way for many to get the full 90 days is to do it in person either on or up to 6 days after the due date.

@BlueSphinx and @Faz - Perhaps your information was more up to date than CNX Immi have provided because online reporting is still quoted as:-

In order to process the address notification online the foreign applicant must submit their address within 15 days of the due date, and not less than 7 days before the due date. If the due date is less than 7 days away online reporting is not available and the applicant must report in person to the nearest immigration office.  

If at some stage in the past few years this has changed, few seem aware of it .....

Thaiembassy.com also states:-

• You cannot do ONLINE reporting not earlier that 15 days before the reporting date and not later than 7 days before the reporting date.

Another site:-

Usage: Currently averaging more than 400 views per month (according to recent Google statistics) folks are using this free procedure from all over Thailand to successfully file their 90-day reports via computer from home. According to an online survey the CCCC has conducted over the past several years, greater than 80% of the participants are reporting success when submitting their reports online. 85% have said they found this CCCC procedure "excellent" or at least "very helpful". While geared for Chiang Mai residents it is available to anyone who would like to use it.

Be warned that using Immigration's 90-day Online Reporting website will call for a bit of patience. Not only can their online reporting site become temporarily unavailable on rare occasions, but their system also demands a lot of focus to detail. It does not always warn you when you are entering an item incorrectly (it just won't let you continue to the next screen if you do). Consider using the following procedure as a checklist. It will guide you through the process and help you to avoid the most common pitfalls.

That said, it is a good idea not to become too dependent on the online option and be sure to allow enough lead time (15-7 days before due) in order for it to work. If you should somehow miss that window, try the mail-in or walk-in option to file your TM.47 report instead (both options are described later in this section).

• Like 1

@BlueSphinx and @Faz - Perhaps your information was more up to date than CNX Immi have provided because online reporting is still quoted as:-

90 day online reporting can only be complete via:  https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

From the opening page: 
• Applicants can submit this online application within 15 days until the due date of notification. ( see example ) > Infographic already posted by @BlueSphinx

It sounds as though Chiang Mai have deviated from the the stated procedure.

Thaiembassy.com also states:-

• You cannot do ONLINE reporting not earlier that 15 days before the reporting date and not later than 7 days before the reporting date.

Thaiembassy.com is not an official Immigration website, it's a commercial site for Siam Legal. A lot of their information is know to be inaccurate.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aussieroaming said:

Hopeless, I used the postal option this time. Postal advise took 3 days to be formally recieved.

I found that as long as you had the PC setup the 'correct' way, then the online system worked most days. What is the correct 'setup'?  It was windows 7 and a lot of security settings not activated and using Chrome also with a lot of security settings not turned on - trial and error. I use at least 2 PCs anyway - one fully secure and one 'whatever' - so I setup the whatever one to do the reporting.  If it was about 1 week to go and still no success (only happened three times), I would do the paperwork and go to the PO and get certified delivery etc.  Online was a problem sometimes - the post worked fine every time - but it was always annoying. My Thai wife here in Aust only had to 'report' when we changed our address - easy and online and worked first time both times -  and now a 'resident' she no longer has to report at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm posting in this topic to ask a technical question regarding 90 day online reporting.

I used my Android phone to apply. I've done my 90 day online for the second time successfully now.
To print the 90 day receipt for my passport, I logged in on my laptop and printed it that way. That way I can also save the .pdf file for my records, just to be on the safe side.
If I view the same details on my phone, the Immigration App shows me a list of successful reports. I assume these are also in .pdf format? Where in Android does the App store these files (assuming it does)?

5 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

I used my Android phone to apply. I've done my 90 day online for the second time successfully now.

What browser? Did you ever do a in-person one or not?

4 minutes ago, Shark said:

What browser? Did you ever do a in-person one or not?

Sorry, I wasn't too clear.
On my Android phone I downloaded the "Immigration eServices For Foreigner" App.

(I only use a browser when I print the report out on my PC. I use Firefox for Linux)

The last time I went in person was three 90 reports ago. The last two have been done online.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ena said:

Did anyone manage to do online reporting recently?

My last 90 day online was 22 July using the Android app if that helps.

• Like 1