Export Gold from Thailand to Germany via airplane

MichaelMichaelis

Hello, I'm planing to fly from Thailand to Germany with some investment Gold (Gold Bars) I've bought in Thailand. The worth ist arround 70K Euros. Can I Just enter the airplain with this Gold or do I have to do paperwork for this, before? Are there any restrictions for moving Investment Gold out of Thailand? Thanks

From memory, No country will let you import more than around $10.000.00 US of any currency. Not sure about Germany. I have thought about this before but never looked into it, my idea was to buy the gold from a company in Singapore, who could then trade it into Aussie gold, just a thought, But I definitely would not try to get on flight out of country with that much gold without asking a customs lawyer first, Just look them up in google.

10 hours ago, MichaelMichaelis said:

Hello, I'm planing to fly from Thailand to Germany with some investment Gold (Gold Bars) I've bought in Thailand. The worth ist arround 70K Euros. Can I Just enter the airplain with this Gold or do I have to do paperwork for this, before? Are there any restrictions for moving Investment Gold out of Thailand? Thanks

I would imagine you absolutely have to declare it

Maybe playing an expensive game even with legal advice that says you can do it.

Thai customs will react to what they know (very little by rote learning) and just say that it is over US$10,000 so will confiscate it and you then have to jump through the hoops to get it back. 

Good luck with that, probably be misplaced within minutes and disappear.

Any you do take out and later want to return with to sell be careful and check the rules as import of gold bullion used to be prohibited and subject to confiscation.

Could try gold baht chains and wear it, just watch out for the affectionate lady boys.

10 hours ago, MichaelMichaelis said:

For any amount over US$10,000 you will need to complete an export declaration or the bullion may be confiscated and you could be detained until provenance is proven.

You should check with Thai Customs or an agency to obtain the documentation.  It would also be quite risky to ship as personal baggage and I doubt they'd permit it as carry on.

Thanks for all your helpfull answers. Especially for this one:

Thai customs will react to what they know (very little by rote learning) and just say that it is over US$10,000 so will confiscate it and you then have to jump through the hoops to get it back. 

and

my idea was to buy the gold from a company in Singapore, who could then trade it into Aussie gold, just a thought,

I guess I will sell the gold in Thailand first and then going to rebuy it with something like a Singaporian company. As far as I understand, they will store it in their own saves or you can request a shipping of it to another country.

But now I`m sure that I will not waste any time on thinking about going to the airplain with my gold ;)