News Forum - Angry protestors try to storm Sri Lanka president’s house following blackout

Thaiger

Following Sri Lanka’s longest power blackout ever recorded, enraged protestors tried to storm the president’s house in Colombo yesterday. Unidentified activists had called for a rally against the president and his family on social media. One resident who lives nearby told AFP he cannot return home because his area is barricaded. The resident said the protestors are “shouting for the president and his family to step down”. This news comes after several essential services in Sri Lanka were impacted by the blackout, and shortages on essential items. State-run hospitals stopped conducting surgeries because they ran out of life-saving medicines. Diesel […]

The story Angry protestors try to storm Sri Lanka president’s house following blackout as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well, maybe they need to ask the CCP to take care of them as they were sold down the river awhile ago to them, or better yet go towards their best friend neighbor being India and see who's cage that rattles. Feel sorry for the Sri Lankan people.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Not a day goes by where I don’t thank my lucky stars I wasn’t born in Asia. 

I might not mind if it allowed me easy access to have a 2nd passport, to say like to here and the USA. My kids have both.

• Like 1