Water Heaters!

GMoney2312

All you Thai home dwellers!

Do you use a water heater for your shower, washing machine, or kitchen sink?

If so, how many Watts did you go with?

I feel that 6000 Watts is enough for the Master shower, and a smaller number in the smaller bathrooms.

Thoughts?

4 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Nothing less than 4500w.   Steibel Eltron with 'plastic' tank ideal for hard (artesian) water.

Is the water still hard at the north and north east? Hard water is a major problem at Bangkok area due to salt water intrusion, salt/crystal deposits always form at the bottom of my kettle.

But isn't the north and north east far enough from the sea not to have such severe problem?

16 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

Is the water still hard at the north and north east? Hard water is a major problem at Bangkok area due to salt water intrusion, salt/crystal deposits always form at the bottom of my kettle.

But isn't the north and north east far enough from the sea not to have such severe problem?

Hard water is considered to be high in mineral content, usually magnesium and calcium.

17 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Hard water is considered to be high in mineral content, usually magnesium and calcium.

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. I was confusing hard water with salty water

• 6 months later...
On 10/30/2022 at 7:36 AM, Marc26 said:

What is a good hot water heater for showers?

And what are the price ranges?

Thanks

And WTF is "hard water"?  😐 

Easy one 1st, hard water = highly mineralised water, usually from ground sources,  Magnesium and iron can be filtered although calcium is the one which causes most problems.  Water softening systems may be installed for better quality of washing/lathering, but not always as desirable for normal consumption. 

For water heaters, I prefer Stebel Eltron units, ideally their plastic tank models where applicable, wall or under bench.   For large external mounted tanks, Stebel Eltron have a variety sizes and options.

2 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Easy one 1st, hard water = highly mineralised water, usually from ground sources,  Magnesium and iron can be filtered although calcium is the one which causes most problems.  Water softening systems may be installed for better quality of washing/lathering, but not always as desirable for normal consumption. 

For water heaters, I prefer Stebel Eltron units, ideally their plastic tank models where applicable, wall or under bench.   For large external mounted tanks, Stebel Eltron have a variety sizes and options.

Thanks for recommedation

I have no idea what you said in 1st part   :)

• 3 months later...
On 11/1/2022 at 7:11 PM, KaptainRob said:

We ended up getting a Stebel for around 4k baht

And man it it hot!

20230226_142939.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marc26 said:

And man it it hot!

20230226_142939.jpg

We have a real 150 liter hot water tank from STIEBEL ELTRON for one of our bathrooms that fills my bathtub hot and perfect. Mounts on the wall as well. Can burn your skin off if not careful. Can’t go wrong with this brand. 

image.jpeg.d0116dbbe293a42f1d7c71421f2bb6ea.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

We have a real 150 liter hot water tank from STIEBEL ELTRON for one of our bathrooms that fills my bathtub hot and perfect. Mounts on the wall as well. Can burn your skin off if not careful. Can’t go wrong with this brand. 

image.jpeg.d0116dbbe293a42f1d7c71421f2bb6ea.jpeg

We just stayed in 2 local Thai hotels and even turning the water heater all the way only made the water Luke warm

Then I used ours at the house and I only had to put it about 35% up and it was more than hot enough

11 hours ago, Marc26 said:

We just stayed in 2 local Thai hotels and even turning the water heater all the way only made the water Luke warm

Then I used ours at the house and I only had to put it about 35% up and it was more than hot enough

Yeah, been through a bunch of them and 2 of our bathrooms still have the tankless while the main bathroom has the tank. We are in mode of replcing one of the tankless at this moment. The tankless are by far not all equal. Hotels or rooms can be a disappointment for sure. For me hot showers are one of life's wonders of comfort, but I am really a bath person. For me clean twice a day. One is a shower for quickness to go out, and then the night time a full drawn hot bath soothing the body. Baths about 55% and showers 45% on the real average, and they are a must to be hot. Wife is only showers and not hot, but that is her.

On 2/26/2023 at 2:44 PM, Marc26 said:

And man it it hot!

20230226_142939.jpg

This is our second biggest bathroom hot water tankless heater. Lasted only about 5.5 - 6 years. Never that hot and now we are replacing it because it went on a fritz. I am also looking to buy a new one now. But going to see if have top end better than this one. 

469D5F41-56AD-43D7-A71F-4F2E02C72C11.jpeg