News Forum - Tuesday Covid Update: 21,678 new cases; provincial totals

Thaiger

78 coronavirus-related deaths were reported by the CCSA today, raising the pandemic’s death toll in Thailand to 24,958 with 3,260 of those fatalities since the start of this year. In the 24-hour period since the last count, the CCSA recorded 21,678 new Covid-19 cases and 27,183 recoveries. There are now 245,154 people in Thailand being treated for Covid-19. Out of the new cases recorded today, 68 were found in correctional facilities. More than 80,000 inmates at Thailand’s overcrowded prisons and detention centres have tested positive for Covid-19 over the past several months. Since the start of the pandemic last year, […]

The story Tuesday Covid Update: 21,678 new cases; provincial totals as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

We should hold a sweepstake on these numbers. 50 baht a ticket, closest wins the prize. Apart from a bit of light interest, they will be just as worthy as the official numbers. I’ll go for tomorrows numbers as follows:

Cases 20,789

Deaths 71

Good to see the numbers come down!

For this Never let a crisis’ go to waste govt !

My step daughter has been forced into testing every week at her govt job since the new elected official took over in her sector!  Maybe they will easy up and give her nasal passage a rest soon.

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

We should hold a sweepstake on these numbers. 50 baht a ticket, closest wins the prize. Apart from a bit of light interest, they will be just as worthy as the official numbers. I’ll go for tomorrows numbers as follows:

Cases 20,789

Deaths 71

I love how Bangkok Post continues to highlight day-to-day changes as if they’re meaningful. Today’s headline: “Cases fall sharply”

I think for the last 3 months or so cases are always down on Tuesday and Wednesday compared to the days before—presumably because the numbers getting reported are from the weekend when testing is slower. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JJJ said:

I love how Bangkok Post continues to highlight day-to-day changes as if they’re meaningful. Today’s headline: “Cases fall sharply”

I think for the last 3 months or so cases are always down on Tuesday and Wednesday compared to the days before—presumably because the numbers getting reported are from the weekend when testing is slower. 

Have you read Thaiger?:

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

More than 80,000 inmates at Thailand’s overcrowded prisons and detention centres have tested positive for Covid-19 over the past several months

Every bloody day, bar none.

7 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Have you read Thaiger?:

Every bloody day, bar none.

My main point as was @Soidog’s I think the pure arbitrariness of the numbers despite many people quoting them having some mystical precision. 

Im going with 22,094 for tomorrow. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JJJ said:

Im going with 22,094 for tomorrow.

I know it’s morbid, but to win the prize you need to guess fatalities also 🤔

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

I know it’s morbid, but to win the prize you need to guess fatalities also 🤔

Maybe just as the Thai-breaker. Wow that’s a horrible pun. 

• Haha 1