News Forum - Thailand charity helps animals affected by the Ukraine conflict

Thaiger

The following is a press release from the Soi Dog Foundation. World-renowned animal rescue NGO Soi Dog Foundation, the leading organisation in Southeast Asia helping dogs and cats, has joined in support of Ukraine’s war-affected dogs and cats by teaming up with Poland’s oldest and largest animal welfare nonprofit, TOZ (Towarzystwo Opieki Nad Zwierzetami or Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), to help provide critical assistance to animals impacted by the Russian invasion of the country. Thailand-based Soi Dog Foundation has committed to providing an immediate grant of $US250,000 that will help finance the completion of a purpose-built […]

The story Thailand charity helps animals affected by the Ukraine conflict as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Kudos to the Soi Dog Foundation!

Everyone and anyone who has ever had a pet, be it a dog, a cat or something else, knows that the animal is NOT merely a pet, it is NOT merely a companion, it is NOT merely a friend, it is NOT merely a protector, it is a member of your family who would donate a kidney if they could, and do so willingly.

Humans for millennia have bred animals to be their companions and have reaped tremendous benefits from the relationships. It is good, proper and right that in times of great need, we remember and assist that other member of the family too.

Good on the Soi Dog Foundation for donating to help Ukrainian animals, and I greatly appreciate that they gave so much (250,000$!). I will be making a large donation to the Foundation to try to offset that money, and I hope that all members will spare something for the creatures that bring us such pleasure and friendship.

If you have ever seen a small child play with a puppy, you have seen joy in its purest form.

I encourage all members to give a little to help those who help us so much.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Kudos to the Soi Dog Foundation!

Everyone and anyone who has ever had a pet, be it a dog, a cat or something else, knows that the animal is NOT merely a pet, it is NOT merely a companion, it is NOT merely a friend, it is NOT merely a protector, it is a member of your family who would donate a kidney if they could, and do so willingly.

Humans for millennia have bred animals to be their companions and have reaped tremendous benefits from the relationships. It is good, proper and right that in times of great need, we remember and assist that other member of the family too.

Good on the Soi Dog Foundation for donating to help Ukrainian animals, and I greatly appreciate that they gave so much (250,000$!). I will be making a large donation to the Foundation to try to offset that money, and I hope that all members will spare something for the creatures that bring us such pleasure and friendship.

If you have ever seen a small child play with a puppy, you have seen joy in its purest form.

I encourage all members to give a little to help those who help us so much.

Well said mate. I’m a dog lover and without doubt prefer them over Humans. I contribute on a monthly basis to this amazing charity set up by John Daley and his wife back in 2004 (I think) after seeing the plight of so many dogs in Thailand. I would urge other like minded people to contribute what you can  

Simply follow this link:

https://www.soidog.org/content/make-donation

Its an amazing sight to see a child play with a puppy. It’s also amazing what a dog does to raise the spirit of elderly people who are in a nursing home. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Soidog said:

Well said mate. I’m a dog lover and without doubt prefer them over Humans. I contribute on a monthly basis to this amazing charity set up by John Daley and his wife back in 2004 (I think) after seeing the plight of so many dogs in Thailand. I would urge other like minded people to contribute what you can  

Simply follow this link:

https://www.soidog.org/content/make-donation

Its an amazing sight to see a child play with a puppy. It’s also amazing what a dog does to raise the spirit of elderly people who are in a nursing home. 

"I’m a dog lover and without doubt prefer them over Humans."

I used to agree with that statement wholeheartedly, but then a cat adopted me and I changed it to 'I'm a dog and cat lover and without a doubt prefer them over humans'. The cat in question was purchased by my neighbour of the time as a kitten. After a week or so with her, the kitten jumped up on the sill, squeezed through the bars on my window, leaped on to my bed, shimmied up to lie on my bare chest while I was reading a book and with a certain stare in her eyes said "I'm living with you now." Twelve years later...

There is a moral argument to assisting pets in times of crisis; humans have domesticated and tamed them to be our companions. We have a responsibility to care for them as they care for us.

Finally, there are medical reasons to assist pets too; see links below.

Anyone who has ever had a pet, or anyone who has merely been cheered up by an animal for no good reason at all, knows the benefits and joy they bring to our lives. 

I hope members will give a few baht to help those who help us all in the Ukraine; the Ukrainian people are being bombed, starved, attacked and beaten down. If we can help their pets, and perhaps enable a few more people to have one, then it'll bring a small bit of goodness into a shitty, shitty situation.

https://pets.webmd.com/ss/slideshow-pets-improve-your-health

https://www.columbusmonthly.com/story/lifestyle/features/2021/02/24/why-having-pet-good-your-health/4576494001/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicolefisher/2019/05/12/8-ways-pets-improve-your-health-and-wellbeing/?sh=42d3ed033d4c

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/how-having-a-pet-can-make-us-healthier-a6792126.html

• Like 1