News Forum - Cash-strapped Thai Airways sells aircraft seats for 35,000 baht a pair

Thaiger

If you miss that in-flight feeling but don’t want to travel due to the Covid-19 pandemic, or if you are simply a Thai Airways superfan, tomorrow is your chance to buy a pair of limited edition Thai Airways aeroplane seats. The seats, which come in three colours, are only available to buy through Facebook Live tomorrow at 2pm through the airline’s online Facebook shop, TG Warehouse Sale. But be prepared to loosen the purse strings, these seats cost 35,000 baht a pair. Since the Bankruptcy Court approved Thai Airways application for debt restructuring in 2020, the company has created many […]

The story Cash-strapped Thai Airways sells aircraft seats for 35,000 baht a pair as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Maybe these seats failed inspection on their 737 planes that they have just started to carry out inspections on.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The store sells hundreds of in-flight Thai airways items, such as cutlery, earplugs, napkins, foil containers, rubber gloves, jugs and bags. The shop’s purpose is to “increase the financial strength of the national airline”,

Increase the financial strength? Sounds to me the only thing left of this company is a pile of garbage.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Maybe these seats failed inspection on their 737 planes that they have just started to carry out inspections on.

Would have helped pay for the inspections except Thai Airways do not have any 737s.  Well “commercially” and have some that no longer fly and they will sell pieces like the seats????

This from and earlier article: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thai-airlines-urged-to-inspect-all-boeing-737-800-aircraft-following-crash-in-china

Thai Airways released a statement on Friday to notify the public that the airline does not fly any Boeing 737 commercially. The company has four aircraft models in service for commercial flights: Boeing 777, Boeing 787, Airbus 350 and Airbus 320

Can't see why anybody would want to buy worn out old chairs that 1000's of people have sat on for hours at a time.

if you did would you trust this outfit to hand over the seats after you have paid up front for them on facebook?

nothing to stop them deleting the facebook add and doing an alibaba with the loot.

given their recent history of collecting money up front to rent out seats for a few hours from a to b and not providing the flight or a refund i would be very wary to trust them with a single baht.

• Like 3

I would think some will be from their 747’s that are slated to be turned or sold as cargo planes. And thus no need for seats. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozvenision said:

Air hostesses will be next 🙃

Oldest hostesses in the East. Don’t even think you could give most of them away. But I do love flying domestic with them hands down. My favorite. 

2 hours ago, ozvenision said:

Air hostesses will be next 🙃

Id argue they have always been for sale--for the right price....coffee--tea or me?......

27 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Oldest hostesses in the East. Don’t even think you could give most of them away. But I do love flying domestic with them hands down. My favorite. 

just like the Loy Kroh grannies---experienced experts :)

2 hours ago, Cathat said:

Can't see why anybody would want to buy worn out old chairs that 1000's of people have sat on for hours at a time

my first thought as well...but then alot of panty knickers in LOS  :)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dancbmac said:

The company has four aircraft models in service for commercial flights: Boeing 777, Boeing 787, Airbus 350 and Airbus 320

They are trying to rationalised a bit then - even pre-covid days it was obvious from the number of Thai Airways aircraft just parked up and idle at Suvarnabhumi that they had far too many aircraft and far too many different models. The problem with trying rationalise on  numbers and types of aircraft just now is that pretty much every other airline has too many aircraft sitting idle at the moment, so nobody is buying. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PapayaBokBok said:

just like the Loy Kroh grannies---experienced experts :)

Not sure on that as never had any mile high stuff with any TG crew ladies or any extra curricular with any Loy Kroh granny babes. But some of the TG check in gals in BKK were eye catchers. 

• Haha 1

Back in the day 1st class or Business, TG was at the top. Better than Singapore Airlines. Now it's ANA or Lufthansa. More than once my flight has been delayed for some "HiSo" nitwit showing up an hour late. What other airline would do this? 

the lack of eye candy and poor service from tg flight attendants has come up a number of times at board and even PM levels and has been widely commented on in the press in the past.

the primary reason flight attendants are on the aircraft is for safety reasons and anything else is not really that important.

some who may think they look like a bunch of old hags or would prefer they wore brown paper bags over their heads when serving the booze are not really getting the point.

12 minutes ago, Cathat said:

the lack of eye candy and poor service from tg flight attendants has come up a number of times at board and even PM levels and has been widely commented on in the press in the past.

the primary reason flight attendants are on the aircraft is for safety reasons and anything else is not really that important.

some who may think they look like a bunch of old hags or would prefer they wore brown paper bags over their heads when serving the booze are not really getting the point.

I have literally domestically flown Thai a couple hundred of times and many of the flight attendants would know me by face as same as me for them. I prefer Thai, but there was a joke made by a poster here and I had to agree and joke back. Domestically they are what I prefer every time. Internationally is a totally different story and don’t usually touch them. No booze on the domestic flights. My daughter worked for Thai at the other end off the planes in Bangkok. Still quite young but was let go after CV 19 as they only kept the old ones. I also do think many got in to Thai because of a connection. 

2 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

my first thought as well...but then alot of panty knickers in LOS  :)

That gets the gross award for the day. TG seat sniffers. If not sat in 2000 times or more and worn down a little then they don’t want it. 

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

22 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I have literally domestically flown Thai a couple hundred of times and many of the flight attendants would know me by face as sane as me for them. I prefer Thai, but there was a joke made by a poster here and I had to agree and joke back. Domestically they are what I prefer every time. Internationally is a totally different story and don’t usually touch them. No booze on the domestic flights. My daughter worked for Thai at the other end off the planes in Bangkok. Still quite young but was let go after CV 19 as they only kept the old ones. I also do think many got in to Thai because of a connection. 

There are indeed many family connections in tg and don muang area lasses and their families had the cabin crew slots very well covered.

the don muang based international routes with the generous tax free per diems were next to impossible for any one else to get even within the company.

anybody who met the criteria could apply but unless connected to somebody on the inside your application went straight to bottom of the pile.even if your seniority number was higher it would still happen,"you chiang mai girl,you stay chiang mai"!

ex misses was a csd at tg in the 80's and it was a very good number even by international standards and adjusted for inflation is way better than people are on now.

suprise suprise she is a don muang local and her mother worked for tg from the 70's.

Edited by Cathat

3 minutes ago, Cathat said:

There are indeed many family connections in tg and  don muang area lasses and their families had the cabin crew slots very well covered.

the don muang based international routes with the very generous tax free per diems were next to impossible for any one else to get even within the company.

anybody who met the criteria could apply but unless connected to somebody on the inside your cv went straight to bottom of the pile.

ex misses was a  csd at tg in the 80's and it was a very good number even by international standards and adjusted for inflation is way better than people are on now.

suprise suprise she is a don muang local and her mother worked for tg from the 70's.

No surprise there. Besides my young daughter who worked for them and told me stories, I know lots of old family members who are connected. The big talk by my daughter telling me was the who was getting the biggest scoops of the top. But just can’t talk about that but I hope they come back into business because I like to fly them. Smile isn’t the same as I like the big jets. 

• Like 1

The long road back to profitability..... cram more passengers into the aircraft by taking out the seats. A sort of BTS of the skies.

Obviously only after Covid has been declared endemic and there is no need to distance etc, etc, etc.

How much for second hand flight toilet?

Maybe famous person sit there one time also and collectors item. 

Same idiots that will buy these also bought white Thai buffalo a few days ago for 1.5 million baht.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JackMeOff said:

Maybe famous person sit there one time also and collectors item.

Same idiots that will buy these also bought white Thai buffalo a few days ago for 1.5 million baht.

Maybe it was Ted Nugent who bought the buffalo since he wrote a song about it back in the day? 😂