Jump to content

News Forum - Will Smith slaps Chris Rock at Academy Awards… but WHY!? (full acceptance speech)


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

It will forever be remembered as the night Will Smith slapped Chris Rock on stage in front of a live TV audience. The incident happened at the Academy Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday night — Hollywood’s most prestigious awards ceremony — which was hosted by comedian Chris Rock. Smith slapped Rock and verbally assaulted him, after he cracked a tasteless joke about the shaved head of Smith’s wife, Jada Pinkett Smith. Rock’s joke, which came mid-ceremony, was a reference to the movie G.I. Jane. In the 1997 film, the lead actress Demi Moore has a shaved head. Smiths wife […]

The story Will Smith slaps Chris Rock at Academy Awards… but WHY!? (full acceptance speech) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It wasn't staged at all, it was just a coincidence that Wil and Jada were sitting right at the front door n front of the stairs that lead on to the stage exactly where Chris Rock was standing doing his routine. All just coincidental...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

News Forum - Will Smith slaps Chris Rock at Academy Awards… 

But in truth it should read ….

News Forum - Will Smith Assaulted Chris Rock at Academy Awards…

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can’t give a rats ass about any of these lame celebrities that live in their own bubbles and think they are better than everyone else. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMO, a staged event to try and liven up an overly long and excruciatingly boring program.

A bit like the half time show of the Super Bowl.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

It will forever be remembered as the night Will Smith slapped Chris Rock on stage in front of a live TV audience. The incident happened at the Academy Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday night — Hollywood’s most prestigious awards ceremony — which was hosted by comedian Chris Rock. Smith slapped Rock and verbally assaulted him, after he cracked a tasteless joke about the shaved head of Smith’s wife, Jada Pinkett Smith. Rock’s joke, which came mid-ceremony, was a reference to the movie G.I. Jane. In the 1997 film, the lead actress Demi Moore has a shaved head. Smiths wife […]

The story Will Smith slaps Chris Rock at Academy Awards… but WHY!? (full acceptance speech) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

<deleted content> Smith just showed millions watching why the intolerance  of these elites has gone to far!

shame shame on the social media and alike companies for allowing this to be aired on and on! 

 

Edited by BigHewer
Provocative reference removed
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am afraid the jury is out on this one for me, but surely if someone insults your wife especially about a medical condition, are we supposed to laugh about it, just sit there like a wet lettuce or in Wills case react, I cannot see that he had any other choice, maybe Rock will think about his version of comedy in future.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

Normally it is assault in California and will need to do anger management classes. 

So if someone insulted your wife HCC would you just let it go, and in all honesty you do not come across as that type of a person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Marble-eye said:

So if someone insulted your wife HCC would you just let it go, and in all honesty you do not come across as that type of a person.

A) It was a joke

B) Will Smith laughed at the joke!!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Marc26 said:

A) It was a joke

B) Will Smith laughed at the joke!!

And Stone got the punch line.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I am afraid the jury is out on this one for me, but surely if someone insults your wife especially about a medical condition, are we supposed to laugh about it, just sit there like a wet lettuce or in Wills case react, I cannot see that he had any other choice, maybe Rock will think about his version of comedy in future.

I totally disagree. She is balding and has embraced this on Twitter. She’s  not recovering from chemo or physically ill and she has posted about it many times. Smith is a professional in a professional environment in front of his peers and his fans but last night he made Kanye West look stable. Plus Smith is a role model to many and his loss of self control sends a message that it is OK to hit anyone who upsets you anytime, anywhere. And his fake ass apology made it even worse. Shame on him. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fanta said:

I totally disagree. She is balding and has embraced this on Twitter. She’s  not recovering from chemo or physically ill and she has posted about it many times. Smith is a professional in a professional environment in front of his peers and his fans but last night he made Kanye West look stable. Plus Smith is a role model to many and his loss of self control sends a message that it is OK to hit anyone who upsets you anytime, anywhere. And his fake ass apology made it even worse. Shame on him. 

If someone insulted your wife you would be ok with that?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

So if someone insulted your wife HCC would you just let it go, and in all honesty you do not come across as that type of a person.

Hi Marble-eye. Even though I am not a fan of Will or his oddball family ( but I do like some of his acting), for me in that exact type of situation I would have probably done something if not the same exact thing but with a punch and not a slap. But knowing California and the system I might have refrained, but then again these guys are very wealthy and can afford it. That was crossing the line just a bit on Rock’s part for in my standards. Illness or cancer you should never make a joke about unless it is the one with the illness or cancer that does it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HolyCowCm said:

Hi Marble-eye. Even though I am not a fan of Will or his oddball family ( but I do like some of his acting), for me in that exact type of situation I would have probably done something if not the same exact thing but with a punch and not a slap. But knowing California and the system I might have refrained, but then again these guys are very wealthy and can afford it. That was crossing the line just a bit on Rock’s part for in my standards. Illness or cancer you should never make a joke about unless it is the one with the illness or cancer that does it.

Good answer, thank you.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Fanta said:

I totally disagree. She is balding and has embraced this on Twitter. She’s  not recovering from chemo or physically ill and she has posted about it many times. Smith is a professional in a professional environment in front of his peers and his fans but last night he made Kanye West look stable. Plus Smith is a role model to many and his loss of self control sends a message that it is OK to hit anyone who upsets you anytime, anywhere. And his fake ass apology made it even worse. Shame on him. 

Coming from a guy who has been known to punch a few people, it was a bitch move

It was a comedian making a bad joke

 

PS.....You want to bet she herself has joked about it and that will surface

She's a pain in the ass..................

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

If someone insulted your wife you would be ok with that?

It was a joke. He took it as an insult. His loss of self control was more embarrassing and damaging than the joke.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Fanta said:

It was a joke. He took it as an insult. His loss of self control was more embarrassing and damaging than the joke.

Not a very good joke Fanta, do you find people making fun of your wife.....funny.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

PS.....You want to bet she herself has joked about it and that will surface

She's a pain in the ass..............

She sort of did make an almost joke about it when she went public on it. You got that right, and she just makes me cringe every time I hear her or see her, but the bad taste joke was a bit way too far out of line, and so Will lost his calm and I can see why. If you ask me the kids need to get neutered so the family line ends with mom and dad. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

News Forum - Will Smith slaps Chris Rock at Academy Awards… 

But in truth it should read ….

News Forum - Will Smith Assaulted Chris Rock at Academy Awards…

And if Will Smith was a white actor he'd never work again.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Hi Marble-eye. Even though I am not a fan of Will or his oddball family ( but I do like some of his acting), for me in that exact type of situation I would have probably done something if not the same exact thing but with a punch and not a slap. But knowing California and the system I might have refrained, but then again these guys are very wealthy and can afford it. That was crossing the line just a bit on Rock’s part for in my standards. Illness or cancer you should never make a joke about unless it is the one with the illness or cancer that does it.

Hi HolyCowCM,

We watched the Oscar's live last night here in Austin.  Here in the USA, especially in light of the pandemic, politics and the constant world issues, I suspect most everyone is suffering from some sort of stress or increased tension.  Just look at our crime rate.  Way too high.  Add inflation, and people are showing real emotions signs of psychological disorders.

I suspect there was more going on with Smith than we know, and that joke probably was the straw that broke the "camel's back".  While I don't condone violence, I do kind of get it.  I think when you see Smith seeing his wife's reaction to Rock's joke (upset), that was all it took.  I'm very protective of my wife and family, so I understand the emotion, just trying to understand the loss of control.

Rock and Smith are both lucky he only slapped him.  Smith is a big man and a punch would have been a lot worse.  The LAPD probably would have needed to open an investigation into the assault, even if Rock declined to press charges.  Here in Texas, an assault is an assault.  A criminal charge would have been required under our Penal Code and Code of Criminal Procedure. Rock could have refused to cooperate, and the charges dropped, but it would not be an attitude of "letting it go".

One thing is for certain, the second time Smith yelled from his seat to Rock about keeping his mouth shut, I think Rock got it.  Smith was close to rage.  Not a good thing for anyone.  Maybe in a setting like the Oscar's, personal jokes about others in the audience need a better analysis?  Just a thought.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SkyDogJack said:

Maybe in a setting like the Oscar's, personal jokes about others in the audience need a better analysis?

Maybe he was lucky it wasn’t Ricky Gervais fronting the Oscar’s, he definitely didn’t hold back when hosting the Golden Globes. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marble-eye said:

I am afraid the jury is out on this one for me, but surely if someone insults your wife especially about a medical condition, are we supposed to laugh about it, just sit there like a wet lettuce or in Wills case react, I cannot see that he had any other choice, maybe Rock will think about his version of comedy in future.

Bad Taste. Call It Out as Shameful.
Threaten Later Violence like the bullied “ungrateful” Steve Carrell did to Gervais at Golden Globes.
 

Or make a public spectacle and ruin the event for all. 😞Can easily be justified by defence of sick wife though….

Gervais also didn’t get slapped when he referred to Pesci & Scorsese ‘s diminutive stature at GG’s.But being a shortarse  is not a “ medical condition” (disease) ……should be though right 🤣

As should being former friends of Epstein & Weinstein but Gervais was calling out the whole room for that !
what a Legend. 😂Probably seen the last of Chris Rock for a while … 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 5

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

    2. 61

      News Forum - Thailand ranks 32nd globally for Muslim travel

    3. 5

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

    4. 5

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

    5. 5

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use