China to sign first Pacific security deal which will give them warships on Australia's doorstep

KaptainRob

For a Physician engaged on a busy drug treatment programme, you find a lot of time to spend preaching an essentially Anti-Western viewpoint, and specifically, anti-Anglo Saxon (I estimate 98% of your postings are essentially political in nature. I would be interested in you starting a thread aligned with your clinical speciality, namely drug addiction and abuse, and the sort of things you have found in Thailand, and why you believe an international drug treatment programme should be established in the Kingdom, which sounds rather curious). But maybe you haven't spent so much time on that, because of the time to research what terrible thing the "Anglos" have done recently.

Different viewpoints, even if at times, a little illiterate, are always interesting, but I am quite affronted by your attack on democracy movements. You are clearly in favour of free speech and thought, but not when is comes to any protests that spread "discord". Isn't that the history of any protest? All protests spread discord. Surely you know that from your own country, where there were protests, that the Quisling government merely saw as spreading "discord".

Thailand has an interesting history, with the wars with Burma (Myanmar, you've used the colonial name at times), and then more recently, shady Japanese occupation (the Thai government "invited" the Japanese Army in to attack Malaya, an attack largely faciliated by a turncoat RAF officer).

With Taiwan-China, there is probably lots Westerners, including you and me, fail to understand, from both perspectives. Norwegian doctors sitting behind a keyboard in Norway when they are supposed to be developing a Drug Treatment programme can be as ignorant of the facts as an Anglo-Saxon. You're spouting a claimed knowledge of the supposed Thai mentality, when you can't even figure out the visa system yourself. Stop trying to fit everything into the Eurasianism way of thinking. The world is more complex.

Taiwan/Formosa was for a long time under Japanese rule; essentially for 50 years, after  Japan independant Formosa. By 1945, pretty much everyone in Formosa proper used a Japanese name. Chiang Kai Shek arrived following the Japanese surrender, and was determined to make it a story about China liberating Formosa, when it fact it was American troops who disarmed the Japanese occupants (which was complicated because many of the Japanese troops on the island were actually Chinese themselves; joining the Japanese Army meant citizenship and advantage). Surrender of course accelerated by Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Part of that capture/liberation of Formosa also meant a concerted eradication of a Western presence on the Island. As you probably know, Formosa was a major centre for POWs (Norwegian POWs ended up in slave labour camps in Japan). Many know obviously of the Burma-Siam railways, but its less known that half the Commonwealth garrison in Singapore, my Grandfather among them, were sent to Formosa. They arrived in November 1942, in Taipai, on the Death Ships, to meet survivors of the Bataan death March, who had been sent ahead to build the Taichu camp. before themselves, being shipped to Manchuria and Japan. Many of the British/Australian/Dutch POWs were sent to the Formosan copper mines. Others were forced, including my Grandfather, to work on constructions, including a Victory lake, which is still present today.

A number of camps were established on the island, mostly aligned to Japanese Army bases. In mid 1945, the Japanese got the POWs to build a camp in the mountains, far away from anywhere else, and started moving all the POWs to a single location. The reason was simple; orders had been issued that in the event of the Allies, American or Chinese, setting foot on the island, all POWs were to be eliminated. The orders were sufficiently detailed to recognise that the camps had insufficient bullets issued, so instructions were issued to recommend the use of bayonets, axes, grenades, and even rocks. This camp was literally intended to be a death camp. The orders were obviously, in the end, never acted upon, as Japanese Authority collapsed.

Following liberation, the Chinese government forces immediately occupied Japanese military sites, and ordered the evacuation of POWs as quick as possible, including those who were too sick to travel (my Grandfather ended up being nursed for 6 months in Manila, before being able to go home. He was one of the last 2 British POWs to get home after WW2). The evacuation was difficult; Taiwan has few ports (China, take note), and Taipai was mined and damaged. POWs were ferried by corvettes to waiting Aircraft Carriers off shore, that had been cleared of aircraft, and converted into floating hospitals (you can look up fascinating accounts of the way physicians rose to this, in preparing for thousands of men, where the health status was largely unknown).

The Chinese government also wanted all remains of Westerners to be removed, so cemetaries had to be hastily found, and remains disinterred; a grim process. The remains were reinterred into a memorial in Singapore, where they are honoured to this day.

Obviously names of places were put back to Chinese, as the Chinese de-Japanified Formosa, and it was reborn as Taiwan. The Civil War brought refugees from the mainland, but also lead to the boundaries of the Province being redefined, taking in some islands that were previously part of Fujian Province, including a few, with a population in the low 10,000s, just 2-3 miles off the coast of China.

So the population of Taiwan is broadly in 3 groups; original, non-Han aboriginal peoples, who's views have been largely ignored (the Chinese can get quite racist when it comes to defining who is a real Chinese), the indigenous Han Chinese  and the descendants of the mainland Chinese. The latter group are largely against independance, but not because they want the CCP in. They want the CCP out, and for their ancestral lands to be restored. For others, there is a developing independance movement; remember, in the 19th Century, Taiwan briefly threw off the shackles of Qing rule, as the Republic of Formosa (some claim this to be the first Asian Republic), before subjugation by Nippon (the story of imperialism isn't always about invading rapey Vikings, Westerners and Russians) (which kind of indicates that the Taiwanese have long felt a bit of a disconnect, that predates Rooseveltian  power politics). These small islands the US called indefensible, until Nixon changed, and wanted them defended at all cost (I was half expecting the Chinese to take one of the less populated ones with their own version of Little Green Men).

Today, the Taiwanese are finally identifying the location of the POW camps, and putting in appropriate memorials. Its really about wanting to rediscover their history that was rewritten by the Chinese government, who was keen to snuff out memories of the Formosan Republic (a fascinating history; China was to cede the island to Japan as part of a peace treaty. The Formosans resisted this, probably some saw this resistance as feeble and as discord. The leaders described themselves as Chinese patriots, proclaimed a democratic republic. It was short lived because no one in the West supported them).

For individual attitudes, I can only reflect on the views of a good friend, who now teaches at the Univerhey were sity of Taipai. He considers himself to be native Taiwanese.  While he was studying in the US, I naturally asked about his contacts with other Chinese. He avoided Red Chinese, saying he didn't really understand them, because they were very politicised in their talk. This is not to mean they talked a lot about politics, but that everything was political. He was scornful of the Hong Kong Chinese, calling them bananas; we can all work out what he meant by that. If a Westerner used such language, it would be seen as offensive. But different rules among the Chinese I suppose.

And here is the paradox. He wanted Taiwan independance; he had no particular interest in being ruled from Beijing, no matter who was in charge. But, he was quite happy when Hong Kong was returned to China even though he hated the communists (Kowloon and the NTs were the leased land, whereas Hong Kong Island was, legally, a British Possession. Britain could have dug its heels in, or even stirred things, by giving the Island to the other China. But without the mainland, the island was indefensible (no water supply; bit like Crimea). Along the same lines, he thought that one day Singapore would return to the fold, as part of the Chinese biosphere. I didn't ask about what he thought of the Chinese communities in Thailand, and whether they should carve out their own bit of China there (China is quite an imperialistic country, given things like the invasion of Tibet, the punitive actions against Vietnam). I think a Singaporean Malay might be alarmed by that. When Britain left Hong Kong, China refused to issue passports to the hundreds of thousands of Hong Kongers who were not ethnically Chinese; these people were the descendants of people, largely from the Indian subcontinent, who moved there either as part of the Imperial administration, or more commonly, part of vibrant trading community. Most were expelled, and for a while, they faced being stateless, all because they were not ethnically Chinese.

Just because some Asian people have different values from Western Europeans, it does not make those values correct. I don't think a Norwegian "doctor" sat at home in Norway (doesn't even live in Thailand, just hopes to after a few holidays) has any right to declare what Thais think, nor write off political opponants as "feeble", espeically when disputing the beliefs of other non-Thais. 

Of course there are some who subscribe to the Eurasianism philosophy (who believe the Atlanticist peoples should be utterly destroyed) who believe there are no universal human rights, that this is all a wicked construct of the Atlanticist peoples, while forgetting those values were derived from some slabs of stones found by a Ghosen while out for a walk. Hopefully we all agree that Dugin is full of shit.

Do you know  Jens "Harald" Jorstad, possibly the most famous Norwegian alive?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Google really needs to improve its Russian to English language conversion. Thats KRL MRX levels of word salad right there. 

I'd grant him top googling for some long words there, along with that Monkeypox nonsense that was posted. Curious, because all the Norwegian physicians I have met over the years are word perfect in their command of English.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lspab said:

I'd grant him top googling for some long words there, along with that Monkeypox nonsense that was posted. Curious, because all the Norwegian physicians I have met over the years are word perfect in their command of English.

There is a school of thought which suspects he may not be Norwegian.

I however will not entertain such scurrilous thoughts 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

There is a school of thought which suspects he may not be Norwegian.

I however will not entertain such scurrilous thoughts 😉

And probably not a doctor (of medicine)?

• Like 2

Lots of personal attacks here that has nothing to do with the topic, but of course, I don't expect Thaiger to remove or edit any of this, so I will then try to respond to some of this vitriole as possible.

First, about the cheapest and most ignorant shots. 

*Not Norwegian

*Not a physician

*Not living in Thailand

*Not "litterate", what have you.

I am sure more of the typical pettiness can be dissected out from these sophisticated wordsmiths in command of ONE language, but let us stick to what we have. 

It is irrelevant whether or not I am Norwegian, live in Thailand, am a physician or "literate enough" as far as my opinions go. Pardon me for fleshing out my thoughts with personal anecdotes and reflections over my daily life, but so is the daily life of many a thinking person. I am very confident under my skin and (to some extent) enjoy when less than capable people act up on their bilious drivel. 

However, for sake of brevity, I am born and raised in Norway; have lived in multiple countries, speak at least 8 langauges, some better than others, but good enough to get along with most. Curiously enough, the people who seem to have the biggest problem with me practicing englishtend to be the anglos. Maybe because they do not seem to understand the world much beyond their often limited scope of expression. I certainly rarely meet much of the same arrogance or snobbishness when I communicate with Russians, Thai, Germans or Danes.  A study a while back seemed to suggest that a secondary school graduate of Norway had a wider English vocabulary than the average US high school graduate. Did that include grammar or phraseology? I think not. But it DID suggest that if there is n intent to try understanding each other, it will be done. 

As far as Physician goes, of course everyone are free to make their own conclusions also. However, with regards to medicine it is far more complex and far more difficult to validate ones existence and especially to very ignorant people. It should be sufficiont to say I have two specializations within the scope of medicine and broad experience with men's health, fitness. drug therapy and emergency medicine. I can of course go into WHY Thailand is such a great place for drug rehabilitation and those who know me here (and understand drug rehabilitation) would agree with most of what I say. However, there is a different site for that and I may post something on Thaiger health site about it, but need to preserve anonymity a bit, because of business discretion and (probably) also in order not attract people who would not want me the best. Therefore, I stick to global politics here.  Let me finish this by simply saying that Thailand has one of THE most progressive approaches to healthcare one can find in the world; combined with a great business market and stable government forces, mostly free of the globala pharma racket. I pay very much attention to the legalization of Cannabis in Thailand and have actually also had something to do with it. It carries maybe THE biggest tourism potential in the country for ages and if a place can develop this in a responsible way without it being linked to all kinds of political horse-trading and vote-dangling it has to be here. When it comes to medicine, biology and clinical practice, I have probably forgotten more than most of you will ever learn (by most of you I humbly address the naysayers here) and it takes me little time to show this over and over again. 

Thailand has an interesting history also with regards to opiate addiction therapy and even a noble path towards therapy for Methamphetamine addiction. Here, I can set up a large treatment program that would be virtually costless to the Thai tax payer, while building a long-term rehabilitation facillity for Western addicts aned billing Western health governments at same time. There is tremendous goodwill and motvation from authorities for such a thing to take off and little to no risk of it being run aground by external pharma players. 

My last major source of exploit in Thailand is the fitness and wellness world. It is a sheer prieviliege to bring out the best in people when they feel ready for it. It is a thrill to make people feel happier and know YOU took part in it. My girlfriend, the love of my life, is a personal trainer I am following from high school graduate to a doctor in ecercise science and together we wake up and see things better and better. 

So to all the naysayers, take it easy; live and let live. The fact that I dislike the anglosphere so much should bother you no more than it bothers me how Russophobe you all seem. However, I have come to the conclusion that the ongoing decline of the Anglo world order is as inevitable as it is a welcoming fact for more people than not. There seems to be a tremendous amount of attention focused ont he fact that I post about these things when I "should be in the laboratory" or what have you. I'm sorry, but I can do a lot of things at the same time. I can hyperfocus, multitask and go off a limb about something. Be happy there are people like me- I may be a bit "over the top" for some, but a blessing and positive thing for others. Maybe I am a bit hypomanic at times and thinking fast, walking fast. Then, spelling errors and grammar messes it all up. Then add that I was "diagnosed" with having dyslexia when I was younger, not that it ever stopped me from medical school, bit occasionally it lingers on. 

SInce there seems to be some interest for some to hear more about drug treatment concepts, I will take some time and put out information about it at appropriate place. I am currently designing a drug rehabilitation concept in Thai prisons with the aid of my adorable girlfriend. Contrary to the insinuation of some other person here, I do not proclaim to declare "How Thais think", but I believe I have picked up a thing or two about the valuable mindset of the Thai people that I embrace. I would say that if there is noe thing I do not like with Thailand is the fact that the running water is not as drinable as the pristine waters you can drink everywhere in Norway from the poshest 5-star hotel to the worst retrooms. If I have ONE THING I want to be known for in Thailand, it is to make drinking water in Thailand the best in the world. 

NOW; after a lengthy talk about all and everything, I will finish with the thread's original direct.

Solomon Islands a step in China's Pacific colonization - Washington Times

(Goes to show how obsessed the angloshpere is about China's BRI).

Who Owns the Solomon Islands? China's Influence Is Concerning (marketrealist.com)

(Can you get a more arrogant display of the anglo concept of control of other peoples).

Solomon Islands may be the next Asia-Pacific flashpoint of contention as the Taiwan issue is steadily shifting in favor of China at a faster pace than before the US DeepState shipped the figurehead of Congress there to stir up things. 

(When you think in weeks and the other one thinks in years, it matters little how many watches you have).

• Haha 3

On 3/26/2022 at 6:08 PM, Shade_Wilder said:

Respectfully, you do not understand the significance of the location of the new base.

China, having a naval base there, is in a position to interdict supplies and materiel arriving from the United States or elsewhere by ship.

It is the precise reason that Japan wanted the same islands in WW2. Gee, I wonder what other similarities there are between that era and now?

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Australia has no worries mate!

China has lots of rubbish ships, dare I say Chinese junks? 🤣

Australia will soon have blue water capable nuclear subs, the Pine Gap facility can already monitor the PLAN if they so much as pee over the side, in their home ports!

There's a RAAF fighter Base in Darwin and US Marines in Darwin too. 

The Japanese war was almost a century ago, the same island hopping strategy with today's weapons makes the question of who holds the Solomon's irrelevant. 

It's the chokepoints around Singapore and Yemen that count. 

If anything, it's Indonesia's problem, not Australia's.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

Lots of personal attacks here that has nothing to do with the topic, but of course, I don't expect Thaiger to remove or edit any of this, so I will then try to respond to some of this vitriole as possible.

*Not Norwegian

*Not a physician

*Not living in Thailand

I am sure more of the typical pettiness can be dissected out from these sophisticated wordsmiths in command of ONE language, but let us stick to what we have. 

It is irrelevant whether or not I am Norwegian, live in Thailand, am a physician or "literate enough" as far as my opinions go. Pardon me for fleshing out my thoughts with personal anecdotes and reflections over my daily life, but so is the daily life of many a thinking person. I am very confident under my skin and (to some extent) enjoy when less than capable people act up on their bilious drivel. 

However, for sake of brevity, I am born and raised in Norway; have lived in multiple countries, speak at least 8 langauges, some better than others, but good enough to get along with most. Curiously enough, the people who seem to have the biggest problem with me practicing englishtend to be the anglos. Maybe because they do not seem to understand the world much beyond their often limited scope of expression. I certainly rarely meet much of the same arrogance or snobbishness when I communicate with Russians, Thai, Germans or Danes.  A study a while back seemed to suggest that a secondary school graduate of Norway had a wider English vocabulary than the average US high school graduate. Did that include grammar or phraseology? I think not. But it DID suggest that if there is n intent to try understanding each other, it will be done. 

As far as Physician goes, of course everyone are free to make their own conclusions also. However, with regards to medicine it is far more complex and far more difficult to validate ones existence and especially to very ignorant people. It should be sufficiont to say I have two specializations within the scope of medicine and broad experience with men's health, fitness. drug therapy and emergency medicine. I can of course go into WHY Thailand is such a great place for drug rehabilitation and those who know me here (and understand drug rehabilitation) would agree with most of what I say. However, there is a different site for that and I may post something on Thaiger health site about it, but need to preserve anonymity a bit, because of business discretion and (probably) also in order not attract people who would not want me the best. Therefore, I stick to global politics here.  Let me finish this by simply saying that Thailand has one of THE most progressive approaches to healthcare one can find in the world; combined with a great business market and stable government forces, mostly free of the globala pharma racket. I pay very much attention to the legalization of Cannabis in Thailand and have actually also had something to do with it. It carries maybe THE biggest tourism potential in the country for ages and if a place can develop this in a responsible way without it being linked to all kinds of political horse-trading and vote-dangling it has to be here. When it comes to medicine, biology and clinical practice, I have probably forgotten more than most of you will ever learn (by most of you I humbly address the naysayers here) and it takes me little time to show this over and over again. 

Thailand has an interesting history also with regards to opiate addiction therapy and even a noble path towards therapy for Methamphetamine addiction. Here, I can set up a large treatment program that would be virtually costless to the Thai tax payer, while building a long-term rehabilitation facillity for Western addicts aned billing Western health governments at same time. There is tremendous goodwill and motvation from authorities for such a thing to take off and little to no risk of it being run aground by external pharma players. 

My last major source of exploit in Thailand is the fitness and wellness world. It is a sheer prieviliege to bring out the best in people when they feel ready for it. It is a thrill to make people feel happier and know YOU took part in it. My girlfriend, the love of my life, is a personal trainer I am following from high school graduate to a doctor in ecercise science and together we wake up and see things better and better. 

So to all the naysayers, take it easy; live and let live. The fact that I dislike the anglosphere so much should bother you no more than it bothers me how Russophobe you all seem. However, I have come to the conclusion that the ongoing decline of the Anglo world order is as inevitable as it is a welcoming fact for more people than not. There seems to be a tremendous amount of attention focused ont he fact that I post about these things when I "should be in the laboratory" or what have you. I'm sorry, but I can do a lot of things at the same time. I can hyperfocus, multitask and go off a limb about something. Be happy there are people like me- I may be a bit "over the top" for some, but a blessing and positive thing for others. Maybe I am a bit hypomanic at times and thinking fast, walking fast. Then, spelling errors and grammar messes it all up. Then add that I was "diagnosed" with having dyslexia when I was younger, not that it ever stopped me from medical school, bit occasionally it lingers on. 

SInce there seems to be some interest for some to hear more about drug treatment concepts, I will take some time and put out information about it at appropriate place. I am currently designing a drug rehabilitation concept in Thai prisons with the aid of my adorable girlfriend. Contrary to the insinuation of some other person here, I do not proclaim to declare "How Thais think", but I believe I have picked up a thing or two about the valuable mindset of the Thai people that I embrace. I would say that if there is noe thing I do not like with Thailand is the fact that the running water is not as drinable as the pristine waters you can drink everywhere in Norway from the poshest 5-star hotel to the worst retrooms. If I have ONE THING I want to be known for in Thailand, it is to make drinking water in Thailand the best in the world. 

NOW; after a lengthy talk about all and everything, I will finish with the thread's original direct.

Who Owns the Solomon Islands? China's Influence Is Concerning (marketrealist.com)

(Can you get a more arrogant display of the anglo concept of control of other peoples).

Solomon Islands may be the next Asia-Pacific flashpoint of contention as the Taiwan issue is steadily shifting in favor of China at a faster pace than before the US DeepState shipped the figurehead of Congress there to stir up things. 

(When you think in weeks and the other one thinks in years, it matters little how many watches you have).

The Anglo world order is going nowhere. 

If anything, belligerent phallic stroking of Putin and Xi has awoken the slumbering giant that is "the west" including India and Japan, South Korea, even Communist Vietnam, who hate the Chinese more than anyone else, and they have defeated the Chinese every single time in history! LoL 

China will not exist in its current state by 2032.

Russia is more likely to present a danger by then to the west than the CCP.

The CCP are famed for grand plans that eventually at best fizzle out, at worst they set China back DECADES. Their latest bright idea is to piss everybody off, while waging a new culture war against their own people, sorry, but you can't take away the western freedom that millions of middle class Chinese have tasted, you can't reverse that for long before the penny drops, you can't simultaneously enslave your people electronically and expect to run a modern day functional state, North Korea barely gets away with it, China just cannot hope to survive if it tries. Of course, it will try, and eventually destroy itself from within. 

The democratic worlds challenge is to somehow deal with its belligerence, to contain it, but not fight it. Until it falls apart from gross mismanagement and extreme misanthropy.

How much are the CCP paying you to post in Thaiger? If they provide free drugs and companionship, I might come over to the Darkside. 🤣

Edited by Venusianhart
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 5:31 PM, Poolie said:

And where are these missiles?

Well, a lot of them are now at the bottom of the East China Sea 🤣 Wow that really made the Allies weep, ...with laughter. 🤣🤣🤣 "OngerWarm" 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

*Not Norwegian

*Not a physician

*Not living in Thailand

needs a tl:dr 🙂

And the Solomon islands are now making it clear it they seem to prefer a future free and sovereign. 

They are not going to have any Chinese naval bases; no Western one, simply NO docking of foreign marine vessels there. Apparently, they must have gotten a bit agitated by the failure of a color revolution after they did what the West has been doing with a unison voice- recognize China and not Taiwan as the UN body. 

Solomon Islands to ban US Navy ships from its shores (msn.com)

Bloomberg reported on Tuesday that the U.S. government has been informed of a “moratorium on all naval visits, pending updates in protocol procedures,” according to a spokesperson for the U.S. Embassy in Australia, who added that officials will “monitor the situation.”

Some days ago, they had not answered a US coastguard call and now they have made it clear that any further foreign naval docking is undesired. 

There is no plan for China to have any naval base on the island. This is just conjecture and hyperbole. However, an overall frendlier tone with Beijing is apparent. 

The West is increasingly FURIOUS about Chinas BRI, which, OTOH is opening up trade paths of vast potential unlike most things in previous history. Russia seems to become one of many large nation benefactors along with Indonesia, Thailand, India, Pakistan and a plethora of African nations. Infrastrukture that will last and bring prosperity nd revenue to all places involved and without bloodshedd and destruction in it's path. This is really the soft overcoming the hard and the Western powers seem totally incapable of even offering a smidgeon of incentives to remain their vasalls. No wonder vitriolic sneering, as is seen in large and small (like this) fora remains their only countermoves. Instead, they could have embraced the concept of increased trade and peaceful coexistences free of power brokering and cynical Realpolitik, but what they saw is definitely looking like what they will reap. 

Quote from Venusianheart:

"How much are the CCP paying you to post in Thaiger? If they provide free drugs and companionship, I might come over to the Darkside".

Do you feel proud of personal attacks like this? Or is it simply your inability to grasp that not everything is transactional... I don't know what resides in your mind, but can only hope your heart is lighter than your temper. 

On 8/31/2022 at 1:55 PM, NorskTiger said:

Quote from Venusianheart:

"How much are the CCP paying you to post in Thaiger? If they provide free drugs and companionship, I might come over to the Darkside".

Do you feel proud of personal attacks like this? Or is it simply your inability to grasp that not everything is transactional... I don't know what resides in your mind, but can only hope your heart is lighter than your temper. 

History-denying irrational fools, who openly support tyranny AND denigrate the Free West (whilst living there) AND who deny the massive contributions by “ Anglos”  to a Free World, are truly absurd and contemptible, and are going to get rightly savaged here by free rational critics. 

• Like 2

On 8/31/2022 at 1:52 PM, NorskTiger said:

And the Solomon islands are now making it clear it they seem to prefer a future free and sovereign. 

They are not going to have any Chinese naval bases; no Western one, simply NO docking of foreign marine vessels there. Apparently, they must have gotten a bit agitated by the failure of a color revolution after they did what the West has been doing with a unison voice- recognize China and not Taiwan as the UN body. 

Solomon Islands to ban US Navy ships from its shores (msn.com)

Bloomberg reported on Tuesday that the U.S. government has been informed of a “moratorium on all naval visits, pending updates in protocol procedures,” according to a spokesperson for the U.S. Embassy in Australia, who added that officials will “monitor the situation.”

Some days ago, they had not answered a US coastguard call and now they have made it clear that any further foreign naval docking is undesired. 

There is no plan for China to have any naval base on the island. This is just conjecture and hyperbole. However, an overall frendlier tone with Beijing is apparent. 

The West is increasingly FURIOUS about Chinas BRI, which, OTOH is opening up trade paths of vast potential unlike most things in previous history. Russia seems to become one of many large nation benefactors along with Indonesia, Thailand, India, Pakistan and a plethora of African nations. Infrastrukture that will last and bring prosperity nd revenue to all places involved and without bloodshedd and destruction in it's path. This is really the soft overcoming the hard and the Western powers seem totally incapable of even offering a smidgeon of incentives to remain their vasalls. No wonder vitriolic sneering, as is seen in large and small (like this) fora remains their only countermoves. Instead, they could have embraced the concept of increased trade and peaceful coexistences free of power brokering and cynical Realpolitik, but what they saw is definitely looking like what they will reap. 

Right. BRI clearly a framework and device for dominating and enslaving various shithole countries, addicting them to cheap CCP crap products, and miring them in debt, which can only be paid back by land and infrastructure handovers to CCP. 
BRI frankly despised by the Free World no less than it’s monstrous evil CCP creators. 

Solomon  Islands no doubt then to be self- sufficient with no outside aid. The people will shortly tear their ridiculous “ govt” to pieces before starving to death ? Nobody really cares either way.

Every nation or group gets the govt it deserves😎😩

• Like 2

On 8/31/2022 at 7:52 PM, NorskTiger said:

Russia seems to become one of many large nation benefactors along with Indonesia, Thailand, India, Pakistan and a plethora of African nations.

And these countries will come cap in hand to the west when they cannot keep up with the payments for those belt and road initiatives. 

Just ask Sri Lanka/Zambia. Its neo colonialism by debt trap.

How China's Belt And Road Became A 'Global Trail Of Trouble' (forbes.com)

• Like 1

Apparently, USA will summon presumed subordinates for further dictums at a summitt on September 28-29. 

The press release from White house sounds like another joke, but is probably meant more for domestic press consumption than adressed to the "partners".

Biden to host Pacific Island summit with wary eye on China | The Seattle Times

Press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said in a statement the meetings Sept. 28-29 “will demonstrate the United States’ deep and enduring partnership with Pacific Island countries and the Pacific region.”   😆😆😆😆😅

6 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

Apparently, USA will summon presumed subordinates for further dictums at a summitt on September 28-29. 

The press release from White house sounds like another joke, but is probably meant more for domestic press consumption than adressed to the "partners".

Biden to host Pacific Island summit with wary eye on China | The Seattle Times

Press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said in a statement the meetings Sept. 28-29 “will demonstrate the United States’ deep and enduring partnership with Pacific Island countries and the Pacific region.”   😆😆😆😆😅

Do explain why that is an issue for you or is it simply the US great Satan?

• Like 1

Kiribati may be next location to more closely align with a power not of former colonial dominus stock. 

Tiny Tuvalu to 'stand firm' with Taiwan as Pacific competition hots up (devdiscourse.com)

Tuvalu seems to go the other way (for now). Not only does it remain one of the 14 nations who OFFICIALLY support Taiwan "independence"/Seccession, depending upon who one asks, but the island nation is also one of the main focal point nations in the ongoing geopolitical struggle between China and USA in the Pacific. 

Solonom Islands and Kiribati have moved away from the USA stranglehold over last years. Examples of the opposite nations would be Naurur, Palau and Marshall ISlands (latter practically still a US colony). 

When it comes to Marshall islands, the ugly legacy of USA having turned the island paradise into a nuclear bomb testing ground with severe consequences for the people there remains a lingering issue. 

Some fear China could win from US spat with Marshall Islands - ABC News (go.com)

James Matayoshi, the mayor of Rongelap Atoll on the Marshall Islands, said he and hundreds of others have remained displaced from their atoll since the nuclear tests and want to see it revitalized.

As it did in earlier compact negotiations, the U.S. has stonewalled discussions on the nuclear legacy, something that American officials acknowledge.

What Marshall islands need is a full constitutional independence and of course, their ability to leverage their location and potential to their own benefit.