News Forum - Thailand News Today | Easing of entry restrictions possible after Songkran

Thaiger

Thailand’s tourism minister says entry restrictions could be eased further IF there is no surge in Covid cases following next month’s Songkran holiday. Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn says Test & Go and Thailand Pass could be scrapped from June 1, if there is no spike in Covid cases or deaths after the Thai New Year holiday. Phiphat is anxious for the country to move forward with re-opening, saying it risks getting left behind as neighbouring countries lift their entry restrictions. Addressing the Association of Thai Travel Agents at its annual general meeting yesterday, Phiphat stressed the need for the government to work […]

The story Thailand News Today | Easing of entry restrictions possible after Songkran as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

45 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

entry restrictions could be eased further IF there is no surge in Covid cases following next month’s Songkran holiday.

I doubt that surge will have anything to do with foreign arrivals. Of course, I'm not referring to the unvaccinated, untested "arrivals" who  sneak across the land boarder...

Part of an email I received today from Singapore Airlines. Thailand needs this yesterday.

Summary of
the New Travel Requirements for Singapore

Fully vaccinated travellers from all countries can enjoy quarantine-free travel1 into Singapore on any flight for any purpose, including leisure travel, without any on-arrival test.

In line with the Singapore government's announcement to simplify the travel protocols for entry into the country, Singapore Airlines will no longer designate Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) flights from 1 April 2022. Existing customers who are currently booked on a VTL flight on or after 1 April 2022 may travel as planned, with no changes required to be made to their booking.

All travellers must still take a pre-departure test and meet prevailing visa requirements to enter Singapore. Short-term visitors must also purchase travel insurance with a minimum coverage of $30,000 for Covid-19-related medical treatment and hospitalisation costs, prior to travel to Singapore.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, palooka said:

Part of an email I received today from Singapore Airlines. Thailand needs this yesterday.

Summary of
the New Travel Requirements for Singapore

Fully vaccinated travellers from all countries can enjoy quarantine-free travel1 into Singapore on any flight for any purpose, including leisure travel, without any on-arrival test.

In line with the Singapore government's announcement to simplify the travel protocols for entry into the country, Singapore Airlines will no longer designate Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) flights from 1 April 2022. Existing customers who are currently booked on a VTL flight on or after 1 April 2022 may travel as planned, with no changes required to be made to their booking.

All travellers must still take a pre-departure test and meet prevailing visa requirements to enter Singapore. Short-term visitors must also purchase travel insurance with a minimum coverage of $30,000 for Covid-19-related medical treatment and hospitalisation costs, prior to travel to Singapore.

Thank you for posting that. I have been trying to get clarification on that as I am transiting Singapore on April 23rd and May 13th. 

Very simple. Hopefully Thailand will follow suit.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Thank you for posting that. I have been trying to get clarification on that as I am transiting Singapore on April 23rd and May 13th. 

Very simple. Hopefully Thailand will follow suit.

I agree to some extent! Here lies the problem!Once  multi international travelers sign on to this scheme , what incentive does it give for them to drop all restrictions! Example , Insurance and testing! None imop 

Countries like Thailand will accept the hoards of travelers as a acceptance to their policy!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

I agree to some extent! Here lies the problem!Once  multi international travelers sign on to this scheme , what incentive does it give for them to drop all restrictions! Example , Insurance and testing! None imop 

Countries like Thailand will accept the hoards of travelers as a acceptance to their policy!

What we need is no insurance, no visa, no test, no QR code nonsense. Still a ways away.

But it’s incremental. Every step is a step forward. I still believe countries will want to outdo each other on removing restrictions. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

What we need is no insurance, no visa, no test, no QR code nonsense. Still a ways away.

But it’s incremental. Every step is a step forward. I still believe countries will want to outdo each other on removing restrictions. 

We will get there...3000 more steps😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If Thai government really means to do something about Covid, it would make more sense to incarcerate every person who tests positive. Which means, locking up 50k Thai every day, plus maybe 300 tourists. Just locking up 300 tourists, and  let 50k positive-tested Thai do whatever they want to do does not stop the spreading of Covid. I think. In perspective, 350k positive cases per week versus 2k positive tourists.... Oh yes, the 50k a day is allegedly of course. Officially it will be less.