Over 300 Phuket businesses awarded SHA Plus accreditation ahead of re-opening

Thaiger

The Tourism Authority of Thailand has declared the southern island of Phuket as “sandbox-ready”, after awarding SHA Plus accreditation to more than 300 tourism businesses. Phuket is gearing up for a much-anticipated re-opening on July 1, although it must be pointed out that this is still subject to official approval. The SHA endorsement confirms that hotels and other tourism businesses meet government requirements for public health measures. The extra “Plus” accreditation indicates that over 70% of employees are fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Subject to final government approval, vaccinated foreign tourists from countries considered low to medium risk, will be able […]

The post Over 300 Phuket businesses awarded SHA Plus accreditation ahead of re-opening appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Interesting but i really only wanted to know a quick and easy way to get into Thailand.I clicked on the link and just got the usual bollocks about selling overpriced insurance.Also it took me 15 minutes to fill in my DOB,as i had to scroll back a month at i time to reach my 72 years.Hope we are still friends,Tony.

I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tish said:

Hope we are still friends,Tony.

Yes, so do I!

Hello Tish and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

My wife and I are keen to get back to Thailand to our regular spot in Chiang Mai, and would be happy to spend 14 days in Phuket initially, but when you have no chance of even having a beer or glass of wine with your evening meal is so off putting we will definitely wait until the restrictions have been lifted, or at least eased.

So as of today in Phuket some 62% of the local population now having received at least one dose according to government. Don't be fooled, it doesn't mean at all that even 40% is fully vaccinated, because it takes 2-4  weeks to administer second dose of Sinovac and up to 12 weeks for AZ.

Now, let's look at scientific data how COVID vaccines work against let's say the Delta variant for AZ:

The Pasteur Institute found that a single dose of AstraZeneca would have “little to no efficacy” against the Delta variant.

In the UK – where the Delta variant is now responsible for 96 percent of new cases – these findings pushed the government on Monday to reduce the waiting period between doses from 12 weeks to eight for people aged above 40.

Now look at Sinovac:

An April study from the University of Chile put the effectiveness of a single dose of Covid-19 vaccine at 3% for protecting against symptomatic infection, based on an examination of seven million vaccinated people. That's against an original Covid-19 virus.

I will abstain from drawing conclusions here, but i am not going to Phuket or any "sandboxes" any time soon

• Cool 1