News Forum - Test & Go, Thailand Pass could be gone by June if no Covid surge after Songkran

Thaiger

Thailand’s tourism minister says if there’s no surge in Covid cases following next month’s Songkran holiday, entry restrictions could be eased further. According to a Bangkok Post report, Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn says Test & Go and Thailand Pass could be scrapped from June 1, if there’s no spike in Covid cases or deaths after the Thai New Year holiday. Phiphat is anxious for the country to move forward with re-opening, saying it risks getting left behind as neighbouring countries lift their entry restrictions. “Thailand started like a rabbit, running quickly last year as we re-opened to visitors. We cannot let the […]

The story Test & Go, Thailand Pass could be gone by June if no Covid surge after Songkran as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If the point of an antigen test on entry is only to maintain public confidence, then it is time to drop the test entirely, because it is those tests and the accompanying possibility of being quarantined for 10 days of your holiday that are the reason tourists are not coming.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The virus is in Thailand, as it is in every country, its the vast majority of tourists who should be considering if its safe to enter Thailand, they do that by purchasing a flight, or not.. Pass and tests dont matter at this point.

• Like 5

“Thailand started like a rabbit, running quickly last year as we re-opened to visitors. 

Say what!

With more entry requirements than any other Country in the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I read this article and was just waiting for the punch line. Removal of the Thailand Pass and test on arrival. No more insurance required and everything all back to normal. Wow I thought. Finally these Goons finally understand what’s required. And then BAM! Let’s still keep an ATK on arrival to maintain public confidence! Well you do that and see what it does to your hopes of 7 million tourists this year. 

The scary part is, these people are supposed to be the experts in understanding tourism and tourists!  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand started like a rabbit, running quickly last year as we re-opened to visitors.

A rabbit! Yeah, caught in the headlights and scared. About right to describes the Thai approach to opening the country. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I read this article and was just waiting for the punch line. Removal of the Thailand Pass and test on arrival. No more insurance required and everything all back to normal. Wow I thought. Finally these Goons finally understand what’s required. And then BAM! Let’s still keep an ATK on arrival to maintain public confidence! Well you do that and see what it does to your hopes of 7 million tourists this year. 

The scary part is, these people are supposed to be the experts in understanding tourism and tourists!  

.67% chance of getting positive for incoming tourists since Mar 1st, it will go up to 3% after April 1st.

• Like 1

This is plain Yada Yada yada

its almost a given that there will be a spike after Songkran. So this means absolutely nothing.

Whilst other countries take control of their destiny and economies, understanding the need to live with Covid. I am afraid Thailand is and looks like it will remain, in a place where Covid is allowing them to live with it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

You get the point , now they aloud vaccinated tourist to get in without quarantine basically and they still think if open and take off restrictions? vaccinated people are getting infected and they infect like unvaccinated but they put restrictions only to unvaccinated , this way how you expect to get 7m tourists? Me , my wife my baby we all did covid , no one came to check if we quarantined . Then I had the idea to go back in Italy with my family but for get back in Thailand we all need to do quarantine ahahahahah , we did covid we have antibodies we are immune sure more then people who get jabbed with an experimental liquid and still they force us a quarantine , plus we have to do it in hotel , note that I live here I work here my wife she’s Thai we have a baby and our own apartment , I don’t understand this rules honestly , I think is time to open the country for everyone without any test or rules 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How is the hike on cases inside thailand are related to allowing tourists to come & go?????as if the tourists were bringing the virus with them, and causing it inside thailand , while facts suggests itherwise, and vice versa.....anyways , let'm keep trying to scam potential visitors till no1 is left to be intrested to go to thailand , especially , now with indonesia fully opened with no quaratine and malaysia and singaphore following suits.....i suggest the thai goverment keep restrictions for years to come enough for high spending tourists to forgot all about this country

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They are still discriminating against the unvax! It shouldn’t matter anymore what your vax status is! Any sod can give it vax or unvax!

If you have underlying issues protect yourself with a vax!

• Like 3

So they bloody well should discriminate against the unvax, its these selfish and paranoid folk that have held the world back longer that required. If you're unvaccinated stay at home hiding under the bed please. If you cant be bothered to play your part then don't whine when you're excluded.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

48 minutes ago, riclag said:

They are still discriminating against the unvax! It shouldn’t matter anymore what your vax status is! Any sod can give it vax or unvax!

The thing is that is a mistake considering this experiment a vaccine , the vaccine are made to give immunity and prevent the host to spread the virus to others , vaccine are working against DNA virus that are stable , RNA viruses are unstable and they change the proteine spikes every month , now I would like to know how you create a vaccine against that , you work a liquid against Alpha strain and the virus is already Beta then Delta then Omicron , is all a big business , the pandemic like other pandemics in history they go alone changing in a normal flue , Omicron is the example , the experimental liquid never worked also because the deaths numbers are being faked , media created panic over something that was not lethal as they said , who was in the Elite list to make money with this game they made it , mass control and create a booster every year for the rest of your life was a goal , destroy small and medium businesses , make reacher the big companies , anyway is time to react to this and get back our life's

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RoyalswithCheese said:

So they bloody well should discriminate against the unvax, its these selfish and paranoid folk that have held the world back longer that required. If you're unvaccinated stay at home hiding under the bed please. If you cant be bothered to play your part then don't whine when you're excluded.

Wow , do you know what a vaccine is ? What a vaccine do? If you know you should think better before speak , this is an experiment and is not working , vaccinated people they get infected they infect they can end up icu and they can die , said that I can say that everyone is free to choose what to do with his own body without be discriminated , I choose to don’t get a jab , I did covid , my wife did covid my son did covid , friends and family did covid without being jabbed and no one ended in hospital , people should decide to risk with or without vaccination and people should be free to travel and go wherever they want , this is a business and not an health emergency anymore , is a flue and is time to go back normal , I don’t care who is vaccinated or who is not , we are all on the same boat we all decide for our own health and I don’t let others decide for me for them pocket , I add the fact that I never hide myself under the bed because I didn’t get jabbed , is a flue not the monster that media pictured for years 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoyalswithCheese said:

Omg in my country  it was people like me ,triple vax who brought the omi to infect others!

You need to forget about those who value their natural existence!! Admire their fortitude!

On 3/25/2022 at 3:06 PM, Faz said:

Say what!

With more entry requirements than any other Country in the world.

To their credit, there were a lot of countries that simply would not let any tourists in.

19 hours ago, riclag said:

That is a medical choice that the country has a right to make, plenty of countries have plenty of diseases that you must be Vaxxed against to enter.  you get to choose, but there are consequences for your choices.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Politenessman said:

To their credit, there were a lot of countries that simply would not let any tourists in.

Agreed, but only when their own case numbers were low or there was a new variant they were trying to understand. Neither now applies to Thailand and so why are they still holding on to restrictions resulting in her further damage to the economy? 

2 hours ago, Politenessman said:

That is a medical choice that the country has a right to make, plenty of countries have plenty of diseases that you must be Vaxxed against to enter.  you get to choose, but there are consequences for your choices.

That's correct. We are visiting and are not part of the decision process. It's hard for some to realize that  no one in government pays any attention to their constant complaining.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

That's correct. We are visiting and are not part of the decision process. It's hard for some to realize that  no one in government pays any attention to their constant complaining.

Why do you think it’s hard for people to realise no one in government pays any attention? They don’t pay attention to Thai citizens so why the hell would they care what foreigners think? Getting the Thai government to sit up and listen isn’t the point of posting on a small expat website. Surely you don’t believe so do you? 😂😂

On 3/25/2022 at 9:35 AM, Burapha said:

The virus is in Thailand, as it is in every country, its the vast majority of tourists who should be considering if its safe to enter Thailand, they do that by purchasing a flight, or not.. Pass and tests dont matter at this point.

Yes. Now isn't the time for long international trips. There are too many uncertainties. If someone has overriding reasons then ok, but not for a pleasure trip. Not just Thailand but everywhere else. Philippines that recently relaxed requirements isn't seeing big increases.