Asia News Today

KaptainRob

34 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Zelensky’s praise of Japan as a “leader in Asia” is a very transparent dig at China, I think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Kim Jong Un’s missile launches are usually done for “hey look at me” purposes. Attention seeking behavior. Competition for the lead story is pretty stiff these days, so the dear leader must be wondering what he needs to do for some attention.

7 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Kim Jong Un’s missile launches are usually done for “hey look at me” purposes. Attention seeking behavior. Competition for the lead story is pretty stiff these days, so the dear leader must be wondering what he needs to do for some attention.

He might be looking at the sanctions placed on Putin and Russia and thinking "Oh hell. They better not do that to us".

Up till now the sanctions placed on North Korea have been pretty light compared to those. The idea being that they wish to contain Kim Jong Un not destroy his country. However now a precedent has been set and the west see's how successful they can be he could be next along with Iran.

I expect them to also do something like attacking/seizing a ship in the gulf as a show of strength.

13 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I expect them to also do something like attacking/seizing a ship in the gulf as a show of strength.

Sorry RS, who is “them” in that sentence and whose ship? 

I.don’t.read.good. 😂

• Haha 1

Kim Jon Un has been reported to have said " Him Putin crazy man, too crazy me to have to do with, he lie, Putin need kick up the Urals.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Kim Jon Un has been reported to have said " Him Putin crazy man, too crazy me to have to do with, he lie, Putin need kick up the Urals.

Now that would get North Korea on the front page. Fire a rocket over Sakhalin Island instead of into the Japan Sea. Hopefully one of Kim’s aides is a lurker on TT 😁

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Sorry RS, who is “them” in that sentence and whose ship? 

I.don’t.read.good. 😂

You have to understand BigH being Scottish, English is not my first language. What I speak is a highly tortured version of it.

I should have been clearer. "Them" would be Iran who will want to demonstrate a position of "Dont even think about imposing these kind of sanctions on us because here is what we can do".

The ship chosen would probably be something with an EU members flag on it.

Dont be running down to the bookies putting money on this by the way its just a suspicion I have as the west is concentrating elsewhere. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Dont be running down to the bookies putting money on this by the way its just a suspicion I have as the west is concentrating elsewhere. 

My grandmother was Scottish RS, so I’m well acquainted with the thems and theys 😂

I checked Ladbroke’s and there is no market offered on “Iran seizing a ship in the Gulf”. Damn. I thought I had a hot tip there. 😕

Iran is an enigma in this climate. NK will seek attention. I am hoping and thinking Iran will choose wisely and keep a low profile. With Russia an energy pariah, maybe there is a niche to fill? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

My grandmother was Scottish RS, so I’m well acquainted with the thems and theys 😂

I checked Ladbroke’s and there is no market offered on “Iran seizing a ship in the Gulf”. Damn. I thought I had a hot tip there. 😕

Iran is an enigma in this climate. NK will seek attention. I am hoping and thinking Iran will choose wisely and keep a low profile. With Russia an energy pariah, maybe there is a niche to fill? 

Things would have to change dramatically for Iran not to be a "pariah" state in the view of the US.

America would deal with other countries long before they open up to Iran.

They have even started talking to Venezuela.   

14 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Things would have to change dramatically for Iran not to be a "pariah" state in the view of the US.

That’s true, and I’m hoping the playbook gets updated. I am biased because I have Iranian friends and I find them to be such warm, friendly folk.

• Like 1

Just now, BigHewer said:

That’s true, and I’m hoping the playbook gets updated. I am biased because I have Iranian friends and I find them to be such warm, friendly folk.

I have no doubt that the majority of Iranians are indeed just normal human beings.

Its something we all seem to forget when debating politics and foreign relations. 

• Like 1