News Forum - Tourism officials push for all entry restrictions for vaccinated travellers to be lifted by June 1

Thaiger

Thailand’s tourism officials want an end to all entry restrictions for vaccinated travellers by June 1. That means no quarantine, no Test & Go rules, no Sandbox zones, no Covid-19 tests. A plan to gradually lift restrictions over the next few months, leading up to the removal of all restrictions by June 1, has been drafted by the Tourism and Sports Ministry. The proposal will need approval by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration. If the number of daily new Covid-19 infections remains steady during the Songkran holiday from April 13 to 15, then the ministry will move forward and […]

The story Tourism officials push for all entry restrictions for vaccinated travellers to be lifted by June 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Not coming until no arrival test that can land me in a gulag.  When the virus is already there, these actions are all a waste of time and money.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Why wait to change to the antigen test for arrival? They should change that from April if insisting on an arrival test. It’s all pointless anyway to make it look like their doing something. 

• Like 6

Dont hold your breath ladies ! They are gonna string this out till at least the beginning of the next high season me thinks! Cha ching Cha ching!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Guest1 said:

You don't like cheap travel insurances?

Oh yes I like insurances. But it seems this covid insurance does not pay out if you test positive but without symptoms. Which means you have to pay the isolation and treatment all by yourself. Nice start for a holiday, 2 weeks incarceration plus a 5.000 dollar bill.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Janneman said:

Oh yes I like insurances. But it seems this covid insurance does not pay out if you test positive but without symptoms. Which means you have to pay the isolation and treatment all by yourself. Nice start for a holiday, 2 weeks incarceration plus a 5.000 dollar bill.

Have you looked at insurance companies in your home country?

My work insurance covers hotel isolation at 5k baht/day

7 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Someone arrest that guy in the pic...the ONLY hand gestures allowed in LOS is the peace sign!!!!!

At least the thumb is vertical! But still kids do that as a "middle finger" gesture, sometimes. And horizontal it was "I hate you", I think.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

At least the thumb is vertical! But still kids do that as a "middle finger" gesture, sometimes. And horizontal it was "I hate you", I think.

kids these days! all hopped up on goofballs and listening to the K pop devil music!!!!(grumbles)

These articles are just being regurgitated over and over again. I know it’s something to post and have people comment on, but it’s getting tedious to say the least. I won’t believe anything this government tells me until it’s all signed off and approved by the big man (I don’t mean Prayut). This will drag on and on and on. I’m betting there will still be some test or insurance requirements well in to August and possibly beyond. They ask no one anything. They listen even less and they have learned nothing. The main aim is to keep the Thai population under the emergency decree for as long as possible. Why would multimillionaires and billionaires care. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Once again, it's the Tourism officials, every time they proposed something, they always got blew off by the MOPH & CCSA. I don't think Anutin & Opas will listen to their inputs and they are against each other.

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

These articles are just being regurgitated over and over again. I know it’s something to post and have people comment on, but it’s getting tedious to say the least. I won’t believe anything this government tells me until it’s all signed off and approved by the big man (I don’t mean Prayut). This will drag on and on and on. I’m betting there will still be some test or insurance requirements well in to August and possibly beyond. They ask no one anything. They listen even less and they have learned nothing. The main aim is to keep the Thai population under the emergency decree for as long as possible. Why would multimillionaires and billionaires care. 

Good observation.

• Like 3

Wishful thinking!

Given that the experts say that Omicron BA2/2.2 is as infectious as measles, there will be undoubtedly a spike in infections due to the Songkran festivities. 

Equally, the experts tell us that for the majority of people, especially those who are fully vaccinated, that it is not much of a problem, unless you have underlying issues. 

So, as for the authorities lifting all restrictions by June 1st, I don't see it.

I do see them all gone later in the year, in readiness for 2022/23 High Season.

• Like 3

Still too little too late, it needs to happen now or for the 1st of April.

Basing  the progress on spikes doesn’t work. There will undoubtedly be spikes, especially after Songkran.

These spikes are being experienced in many other countries right now. However, these are turning out to be spikes in infections that mostly do not lead to hospitalisation. Yes, there will be some that have to go to hospital and yes there will be some deaths. It is inevitable, because it’s never going away and just like flu and dengue it will hospitalis and kill some people.

If you really must base it on spikes, then base it on hospitalisation spikes. Not infections.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

Tourism officials vs Health Officials.

It is and remains to be madness. The tests - Restricted solely on inbound tourists - do nothing unless extended to the whole population which will not happen. There will be presumably many more infections during Songkhran than by the few tourists travelling to Thailand during the low season.

• Like 2

"Oh yes I like insurances. But it seems this covid insurance does not pay out if you test positive but without symptoms. Which means you have to pay the isolation and treatment all by yourself. Nice start for a holiday, 2 weeks incarceration plus a 5.000

true- your vacay ruined and on the hook for all overpriced quarantine costs. I've always purchased travel insurance as well or my visa card has built in travel insurance. But...serious question: Anyone found  travel insurance that covers covid expenses in Thailand which, unfortunately, is listed as cdc covid level 4? (very high risk) Level 3 (high risk).

Not arguing that the 'level' system is a great thing but it's in place and travel insurance companies like the fine print exclusions.

7 hours ago, BBY said:

Still too little too late, it needs to happen now or for the 1st of April.

Basing  the progress on spikes doesn’t work. There will undoubtedly be spikes, especially after Songkran.

And the official daily new cases stays the same at 20,000. The authorities will never report the spikes. 

• Like 1

Wow Bangkok Post carrying water for the failed entry procedures: 

Thailand is heading for a rare back-to-back current-account deficit as the outlook for tourist arrivals becomes less rosy with a flare-up in Covid cases globally and energy import bills ballooning amid soaring oil prices.”

No, tourist arrivals are not less rosy because of a “flare-up” — they are less rosy because the entry restrictions are overly strict and no one wants to visit a beach where you technically have to wear a mask on the beach.

• Like 3