News Forum - UKRAINE UPDATES: Ultimatums ‘not feasible’; Russian offensive stalls; Putin’s ‘back is against the wall’

Thaiger

As Russia’s invasion continues, here’s the latest headlines from the war in Ukraine… • In a televised address, President Volodymyr Zelensky says Ukraine could not submit to ultimatums from Russia. The only way to do that would be to “destroy us all” he said. The remarks come after Ukraine rejected a Russian ultimatum for Mariupol authorities to surrender the city by 5am Moscow time on Monday in order to open humanitarian corridors to allow desperately needed aid into the besieged city… “[Russia says:] ‘You abide by the different point and we will stop the war.’ No, that’s not the way […]

The story UKRAINE UPDATES: Ultimatums ‘not feasible’; Russian offensive stalls; Putin’s ‘back is against the wall’ as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

People in Mariupol certainly don't want to be killed but escape as long as they can. There is currently at least a Human Corridor which is not reported in the censored western media leaving many blind on one eye. https://www.ruptly.tv/en/videos/20220318-023-Ukraine-Mariupol-residents-leave-the-city-passing-through-Russian-military-checkpoints

Human Corridors have enabled more than 3 million Ukrainians to flee, both to Europe and even Russia (labeled as kidnapping by western media). Whatever one believes there is no doubt that this is the first serious war in the past 70+ years that actually allows Human Corridors. Ask the People in Afghanistan, Irak, syria etc. Civilians killed there were reported simply as "Collateral Damage".

Edited by CamPat
double entry
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, CamPat said:

People in Mariupol certainly don't want to be killed but escape as long as they can. There is currently at least a Human Corridor which is not reported in the censored western media leaving many blind on one eye. https://www.ruptly.tv/en/videos/20220318-023-Ukraine-Mariupol-residents-leave-the-city-passing-through-Russian-military-checkpoints

Human Corridors have enabled more than 3 million Ukrainians to flee, both to Europe and even Russia (labeled as kidnapping by western media). Whatever one believes there is no doubt that this is the first serious war in the past 70+ years that actually allows Human Corridors. Ask the People in Afghanistan, Irak, syria etc. Civilians killed there were reported simply as "Collateral Damage".

There would be no need for "human corridors" if Russia hadn't invaded Ukraine in the first place, you are making out the Russians are the good guys here by allowing Ukranians to leave a Ukranian city in the Ukraine. 

BTW. These corridors have been reported in the western presses!

Can we agree that the Russians are the bad guys here!

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, CamPat said:

Perhaps the western press is just better at covering the whole tragic story of Mariupol, like this new article in The Washington Post, that also states:

As Mariupol residents continue to flee, a car carrying children came under fire, Oleksandr Starukh, governor of the nearby Zaporizhzhia region, said Monday. It was one of a series of incidents that he said left minors in serious condition. He said more than 20 buses were attempting to transit negotiated humanitarian corridors.

It seems despite all the checks being performed they are struggling to find the neo-nazis that they insisted as a reason for the invasion, Ukraine was supposedly rife with.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CamPat said:

Ask the People in Afghanistan, Irak, syria etc.

Yes let’s ask the Afghans, Syrians and let’s throw in the Chechens and Georgians too while we are at it. I highly doubt any of them will be singing praise of the Russians. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stuhan said:

Remember a mad animal is most dangerous when its backed up against a wall.

And soon we may know just HOW mad he is.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

The time for negotiations are up... Ukraine has had 8 years to negotiate this... they didn't. Time to pay the piper. 

Just want to make sure I am understanding your post correctly. "Time to pay the Piper". Are you actually advocating for more innocent civilians and kids to die as a consequence of an unjustified invasion rather than negotiate and try and find a peaceful solution?

As that is what your post seems to indicate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Freeduhdumb said:

The time for negotiations are up... Ukraine has had 8 years to negotiate this... they didn't. Time to pay the piper. 

I'm totally appalled by your post, do you actually know and understand what you are writing.

• Like 3

So I assume if a criminal gang threatens you and steals from you for years and finally kicks your door in tonight, you'll be OK with just "paying the piper"?

• Like 2

That’s a brave post that goes against the “Ukraine winning war led by future Time Man of The Year Zelenskyy against Russia dragged unprepared and unwillingly into slaughter fest by crazed dictator” consensus.

Now we hear that Zelenskyy is offering to not join NATO (newsflash funny man - you were never invited) and is willing to discuss the districts already lost. Who is advising this guy? Donald Trump’s crack team of election officials? The “no fly zone” and “meet Putin directly” demands are as ridiculous as his promises to fight to the death and damage Russia for generations to come. His ass will be handed to him on a plate very soon and it is also partly his fault. How long did Russia build up forces on the border? My beloved grandmother could have told him the invasion was imminent and she’s been dead for decades. Did Zelenskyy honestly think that NATO would back him up and risk WWIII over Ukraine? DELUSIONAL. When the bully wants to take your school money you hand some of it over and live to fight another day. And the West  won’t fire a shot because the Winnie the Pooh and his crew will get involved. And please don’t waste the virtual paper by saying I support Russia, that I’m complicit in killing civilians, bombing hospitals, eating babies blah blah. Every single time in these forums someone posts anything less than 110% supportive of Ukraine they are attacked. I don’t care because I made lasagna!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

I'm totally appalled by your post, do you actually know and understand what you are writing.

"They" the West screwed the pooch... as I said, they had eight years to de-escalate, they didn't. Time to pay the Piper. Don't be appalled at me for speaking the obvious, for speaking the truth, be appalled at those that brought us to this point. Let us not forget, 2014 was the Ukrainian invasion, and the collective West has never backed off since. Putin has all but begged for the West to meet reasonable considerations... now it's consequences time. The door is still open to end this... but will they?

1 minute ago, Freeduhdumb said:

The West screwed the pooch... as I said, they had eight years to de-escalate, they didn't. Time to pay the Piper. 

You have been asked by a mod to explain your vile post, would you like to clarify?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

You have been asked by a mod to explain your vile post, would you like to clarify?

I've explained myself so many times... go back and look at my historical posts on the matter. Believe whatever you want to believe. Good Luck. 

2 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

I've explained myself so many times... go back and look at my historical posts on the matter. Believe whatever you want to believe. Good Luck. 

Why would I want to go back and read the garbage you write, if you refuse to explain your latest offering that is up to you and your alter ego.

• Like 2

"They" the West screwed the pooch... as I said, they had eight years to de-escalate, they didn't. Time to pay the Piper. Don't be appalled at me for speaking the obvious, for speaking the truth, be appalled at those that brought us to this point. Let us not forget, 2014 was the Ukrainian invasion, and the collective West has never backed off since. Putin has all but begged for the West to meet reasonable considerations... now it's consequences time. The door is still open to end this... but will they?

West cares nothing about tyrants “feeling threatened” or “ backing off”. Only Tyrant Actions matter not their threats.Which actions attract HUGE Sanctions & Support for the Invaded.Putin cannot be reasoned with, only Gone.

NATO membership nothing to with Putin. matter between free nations.

Ukraine will however never qualify for NATO; highly corrupt like Russia with insufficient land & border control.NATO also never conceived to protect large ethnic Russian groups.

“Ukraine Wrecked” is one Putin Goal already achieved although at HUGE cost. When Russians take Mariupol they will destroy all remaining port facilities.

“ Ukraine Neutral” another Putin goal but quite impossible now. Seeing Ukraine Wrecked Economically ensures Ukraine & West will Wreck Russia Economically in return, bleed Russia dry militarily, until Russia forced to withdraw. No chance of Surrender. Seized Oligarch Assets will go to Ukraine Reparations.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Only the 1% Putin Puppets here accept your discredited opinions.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EdwardV said:

Yes let’s ask the Afghans, Syrians and let’s throw in the Chechens and Georgians too while we are at it. I highly doubt any of them will be singing praise of the Russians. 

Only the well-rewarded collaborators torturing & murdering their own as Putin Paid Puppets😫😩😠

4 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

What and become another toe rag enclave of Russia just like Chechia, Chechians are thugs just like Putin, Ukrainians are trying to be a civilised people living in peace with the world.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Only the 1% Putin Puppets here accept your discredited opinions.

Discredited? Lol. None of my factual, thoughtful, on the mark, truthful explanations of the current Ukrainian-Russian conflict have been discredited on this platform. I lived in the Donbass for four years, working or THE only peacekeeping mission operating within the Ukraine since 2015... I am an expert witness to what's occurring there. And no... I am not going to again take the time to explain or prove to you how what I have just said is in fact true. It's truly amusing reading many of your comments however. It's a good indicator of just how people make $hit3 up to make themselves appear knowledegable. Good Luck in your search for the truth. Know this... Putin currently has the situation firmly in his grasp, and as the facts on the ground currently exist, he will be prevailing in this conflict. The West had their chance... 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Smithydog said:

Just want to make sure I am understanding your post correctly. "Time to pay the Piper". Are you actually advocating for more innocent civilians and kids to die as a consequence of an unjustified invasion rather than negotiate and try and find a peaceful solution?

As that is what your post seems to indicate.

It's a good question... I am glad you asked. Of course I am not wanting or advocating for more suffering and death... The idiom was used to point out that  it is time to fulfill a responsibility or promise, after the fulfillment has been delayed already. Ukraine has failed to fulfill its commitments to the Minsk II accords... and this one act alone has brought us to this point. 
If the West had had ANY sincere commitment to either the Minsk Accords or to peace in Ukraine, it would have long ago forced Kiev to enter into direct negotiations with the authorities in Donbass and to implement all the aspects of the Minsk Accords. It hasn't done so because it knows that a federated Ukrainian state, as envisaged by the Minsk agreement, would never support joining NATO as this would be vetoed by the Donbass. A federal Ukraine would also never join the EU, which demanded back in 2013, as a condition of doing business with Ukraibe, that Ukraine not participate in the Eurasian trading block. With that demand, the EU deliberately violated the Budapest Memorandum (its Article 3, prohibiting the use of economic blackmail for geopolitical ends), the only international legal document that guaranteed Ukraine's territorial integrity. It was for his refusal to sign on to that EU bit of geopolitical extortion that Yanukovich had to be removed from power by the west in a coup de tat, regime change operation back in 2014. That regime change operation, and failure to fully implement those Minsk accords, is in fact what has set all of the events in motion that have lead up to our present situation. 

The important points to be aware of that are rarely discussed:

1. The agreements by NATO in the 1990’s when the Soviet union was dissolved not to move NATO military closer to Russian territories “not even an inch” has been disregarded by NATO years ago which is viewed by Russia as a growing threat. (Yes this was a real commitment)

2. The 2014 Minsk Non Aggression Peace Treaty for Ukraine military and actual Nazi militant sectors not to attack the Ukrainian men, women , and children (the one’s identifying as culturally Russian and Russian speaking) in the Eastern “ separatist” Ukrainian regions of Donbas has been broken for around 8 years. The tragic loss of life has been estimated to be around 13,000 people (80% pro Russian Ukrainians). This humanitarian tragedy has been referred to as a "genocide" by Putin. These horrors inflicted upon the Eastern Ukrainians has been ignored for 8 years.

3. One must do their homework on who the WW2 Western Ukrainian Nazi Stephan Bandera leader is historically and how he is the root of the current Nazi culture of powerful/influential extremists "Azov", and "Right Sector" militants in the present day Ukraine. 

4. There is more than enough evidence that the Ukraine “Maidan” coup de tat, regime change operation was orchestrated by The CIA, US think tanks (Samantha Powers, Fiona Hill, etc.), Victoria Nuland and others who used Nazi extremist groups to over throw the government.

5. President Zelensky recently expressing the desire to acquire nuclear weapons was a new major factor in Putin's actions.

6. Apparently Zelensky recently agreed to meet with Putin for negotiations for peace but disappeared/reneged to buy time for military.

7. It is also reported that Ukrainian military has put missiles and weapons in civilian areas like on the roof tops so if Russia attacks then innocent civilians will be hurt. A Hamas/Nazi tactic.

8. Not to mention the elephant in the room of the corrupt Hunter and Joe Biden dirty money deals and money laundering in the Ukraine, as well as puppet regime installed by CIA Hillary/Obama team. Trump stumbled onto it and that’s another reason the Democrats wanted to destroy him. I believe that the terrible war happening there now is the result of failed communications that did not address many concerns. I feel bad for the Ukrainian people pawns in this dirty game. Unfortunately Biden and NATO do not care about the people.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, palooka said:

And soon we may know just HOW mad he is.

My guess is that we need to hope, someone takes him down before that!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Know this... Putin currently has the situation firmly in his grasp, and as the facts on the ground currently exist, he will be prevailing in this conflict. The West had their chance... 

Putin had his chance also. You are backing a madman and madmen do not prevail. History is littered with madmen who all failed.

Russia is heading for a total financial collapse that will push them back to where they were post USSR break up (broke) or worse, I'll go with worse, reparations to Eukraine will keep Russia poor for decades.

Yes they have huge natural resources but those are only any good if you can sell them, no buyers, NO MONEY.

XJP is already looking at Putins weakness in this conflict (as is the world) and casting eyes over territories that belong to China (at least to Chinese interpretation) in East Russia.

Putin is a very lonely man in this world, soon also in Russia, the truth of which may eventually get past his ego.

• Like 2