News Forum - Omicron BA.2 is expected to dominate infections in Malaysia

Thaiger

Malaysia’s health director-general warned in a statement on Monday that the BA.2 subvariant of Omicron will likely become dominant in the country, raising concerns about its possible high rate of transmission. Omicron has started to overtake Delta as the major coronavirus strain in Malaysia, according to continuing research and tracking. Cases that involve BA.2 increased to 27% between March 1 to March 17, an increase from 1% and 2.7% in January and February. The BA.2 subvariant’s “dramatic rise” demands attention, said the health director general. “A similar situation is also seen in some countries such as Denmark, India, and Nepal.” […]

The story Omicron BA.2 is expected to dominate infections in Malaysia as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The BA.2 subvariant’s “dramatic rise” demands attention, said the health director general.

“A similar situation is also seen in some countries such as Denmark, India, and Nepal.”

Where are the hospitalization numbers? Only if they are also on the rise, equally to the infection numbers, it may become a threat. In Denmark it seems not to be the case! Aside that my guess is, like everywhere, the KNOWN infection numbers are far behind the real infections! Since Omicron and often ONLY Atk-Tests in use, there is even the test, better the needed threshold of virus load of that test, deciding if you are having one or two lines as a result!

Friend of mine got tested positive, lately, with ATK Tests, two different brands

Couple of days later, both Test-brands again in use, one still positive, one already negative!

11 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

The BA.2 subvariant’s “dramatic rise” demands attention, said the health director general.

“A similar situation is also seen in some countries such as Denmark, India, and Nepal.”

Where are the hospitalization numbers? Only if they are also on the rise, equally to the infection numbers, it may become a threat. In Denmark it seems not to be the case! Aside that my guess is, like everywhere, the KNOWN infection numbers are far behind the real infections! Since Omicron and often ONLY Atk-Tests in use, there is even the test, better the needed threshold of virus load of that test, deciding if you are having one or two lines as a result!

Friend of mine got tested positive, lately, with ATK Tests, two different brands

Couple of days later, both Test-brands again in use, one still positive, one already negative!

Besides different brands are the sample collection method for all the ATKs the same? Sample collections by Nasopharyngeal, nasal, or saliva could potentially influence test results since the concentration of antigens are different between the back of the nose, around the nose and in the saliva.

17 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

Besides different brands are the sample collection method for all the ATKs the same? Sample collections by Nasopharyngeal, nasal, or saliva could potentially influence test results since the concentration of antigens are different between the back of the nose, around the nose and in the saliva.

These both test are 2in1, but were both used nasal.

And I think I have read something about that, in Europe "papers", some time ago.

"All ATK test" (at that time available) did validate Delta, but not all did that with omicron.

And there then the threshold was another limiting factor. "Which are the good tests?" Now I have seen this in reality. 

Oh: And it was not the price, which made it a "good one". At least not before the tests of this ATK Tests