Top Bangkok virologist compares not getting vaccinated to “walking into traffic”

Thaiger

In a Facebook post yesterday, Thailand’s most renowned virologist compared remaining unvaccinated to walking into speeding Bangkok traffic. He commented on how elderly Thais have had reservations about being vaccinated, even though they are a high-risk group. “… like inviting an accident by stepping off the pavement into the busy traffic on Silom Road,”. The virologist, Yong Poovorawan, said pregnant women, people over 60, and people with underlying diseases, risk being hospitalised with severe symptoms if they get Covid-19. Yong urged people to study the benefits and side effects of the various vaccine brands available. He said since vaccination is […]

The story Top Bangkok virologist compares not getting vaccinated to “walking into traffic” as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

He's like a scientist who entered the 20th century thinking 20th century scientific thoughts, and who kept insisting on them despite that the were shot down and disproved at every f***ing turn for the next fifty years.  He's not a scientist.  He's a priest.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

remaining unvaccinated to walking into speeding Bangkok traffic.

Walking into Bangkok traffic is a hell of a lot more dangerous than covid19, and would be a hell of a lot easier to solve, but nobody seems to bother.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why are so many vaccinated people that have been triple and quadruple vaccinated catching Covid and even vaccinated people that have also died. Has this virologist ever heard of natural immunity.  Remember how HIV was and people who died having unprotected sex.  Having sex and getting aid’s or walking around and catching Covid???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JMJM said:

He's like a scientist who entered the 20th century thinking 20th century scientific thoughts, and who kept insisting on them despite that the were shot down and disproved at every f***ing turn for the next fifty years.  He's not a scientist.  He's a priest.  

If you had read the article you would have read that his analogy was targeted at the most vulnerable people in Thailand. Save your derision for the mirror. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

Why are so many vaccinated people that have been triple and quadruple vaccinated catching Covid and even vaccinated people that have also died. 

Science + how vaccines work.

4 hours ago, JMJM said:

Are you ok ? 

He's a virologist, it says it right at the top - but would you believe there are expat bricklayers, plumbers, shop shelf stackers that know more than him about viruses !!!! Who would have thought it !

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

Why are so many vaccinated people that have been triple and quadruple vaccinated catching Covid and even vaccinated people that have also died. Has this virologist ever heard of natural immunity.  Remember how HIV was and people who died having unprotected sex.  Having sex and getting aid’s or walking around and catching Covid???

arrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh - jesus wept the vaccination was NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER designed to stop people catching Covid - it will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER stop you catching Covid  -jesus christ - mods can you put that in upper case at the top of every thread with the word 'Covid' in it ! 

Moving on using your virologist knowledge and projection skills, what population of the world would have died waiting for natural immunity ? (give us a figure to the nearest billion)

As for the HIV comment - omg

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

17 minutes ago, Benroon said:

arrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh - jesus wept the vaccination was NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER designed to stop people catching Covid - it will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER stop you catching Covid  -jesus christ - mods can you put that in upper case at the top of every thread with the word 'Covid' in it ! 

Moving on using your virologist knowledge and projection skills, what population of the world would have died waiting for natural immunity ? (give us a figure to the nearest billion)

As for the HIV comment - omg

See? All the world is an expert...............😀

Exponentially speaking.

3 minutes ago, Poolie said:

See? All the world is an expert...............😀

Exponentially speaking.

"Why has my mate Bert got Covid when he was quintuple jabbed" again and again and again

Seriously its enough to make a grown man strike his gran ! 🙈

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

What does any of this even mean????

• Haha 1

I could keep posting more stories.  But I hope that people will wake up and stop listening to the news media and do some real research and don’t condemn others because they don’t believe what you believe. We all have free choices and I am not trying to force my beliefs on anyone so don’t try to force me to follow you. I allow you to make your decisions and I will make mine. And if I make a mistake. It’s my mistake and I accept it 

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

I could keep posting more stories.  But I hope that people will wake up and stop listening to the news media and do some real research and don’t condemn others because they don’t believe what you believe. We all have free choices and I am not trying to force my beliefs on anyone so don’t try to force me to follow you. I allow you to make your decisions and I will make mine. And if I make a mistake. It’s my mistake and I accept it 

I think people were trying to force you to make a post that they were able to read and decipher

They made no sense....

What was your HIV analogy about???

18 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

“The immune system is like a well-established, compartmentalized military force, with each division performing their own duties and cooperating in combat. It is divided into the innate immune system and acquired immune system. The innate immune system responds quickly and protects us no matter what is attacking the body.”

This map basically shows the key cells in the immune system, including mucosal epithelial cells, phagocytes, macrophages, T cells, B cells, Natural killers, etc..”

https://img.theepochtimes.com/assets/uploads/2022/03/18/3fb650a05281d4a2f9891d31ed043d2b.jpg (Health 1+1)

In people who are not infected, high levels of protective antibodies are not detected in the blood, indicating that the virus has not really entered the blood.

The Epoch Times - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

Not exactly what most people would consider a definitive source of information.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

At the time, just five months into the mass inoculation campaign, Seneff suspected the COVID shots would end up killing far more people than the infection itself. Today, a full year into it, the statistics are grim beyond belief, proving her educated prediction to have been an astute one.

mRNA Jabs Are Shockingly Hazardous

That's not true though. Have a look at the deaths stats. 🤔

But there is a dedicated thread for all that....

Edited by astro

To Marc.   A very long long time ago when AIDS was just starting to make the news in the USA. It was being told that this virus can only be spread in homosexual men. Well one day a group of prositute’s were arrested in Miami Florida. They were told if they took a blood test they would be given a lesser charge and be released.  Well a majority tested positive for HIV   One day at a truck stop in Michigan a lot of truckers were trying to get a prostitute and I got on the radio and told them that they should be careful and they could catch HIV. They laughed at me and said that only homosexual men gets aids.  So I am pointing out how things in the beginning are thought to be but after more research we find out that things are different.  It was a comparison of how so much misinformation on Covid is how it was when HIV came out 

I have other news sources.  But the story that was quoted from other doctors. So please research yourself and see if this doctor is legitimate and that they actually said their story.    Just because someone doesn’t like a certain news outlet and posting them to be a certain political position is not enough evidence for saying that a story is not true. I google the person who is making the statement and check their credentials.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So here’s what I am trying to get people do.  Further research 

Stephanie Seneff is a Senior Research Scientist at the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory.  She received the B.S. degree in Biophysics in 1968, the M.S. and E.E. degrees in Electrical Engineering in 1980, and the Ph.D degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science in 1985, all from MIT.  For over three decades, her research interests have always been at the intersection of biology and computation – developing a computational model for the human auditory system, understanding human language so as to develop algorithms and systems for human computer interactions, as well as applying natural language processing (NLP) techniques to gene predictions.   She has published over 170 refereed articles on these subjects, and has been invited to give keynote speeches at several international conferences.  She has also supervised numerous Master's and PhD theses at MIT. 

In recent years, Dr. Seneff has focused her research interests back towards biology. She is concentrating mainly on the relationship between nutrition and health.  Since 2011, she has published over 30 papers, together with colleagues, in various peer-reviewed medical and heath-related journals on topics such as modern day diseases (e.g., Alzheimer, autism, cardiovascular diseases), analysis and search of databases of drug side effects using NLP techniques, and the impact of nutritional deficiencies and environmental toxins on human health.

so do you think she is a quack and don’t know as much as you know 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

So here’s what I am trying to get people do.  Further research 

Stephanie Seneff is a Senior Research Scientist at the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory.  She received the B.S. degree in Biophysics in 1968, the M.S. and E.E. degrees in Electrical Engineering in 1980, and the Ph.D degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science in 1985, all from MIT.  For over three decades, her research interests have always been at the intersection of biology and computation – developing a computational model for the human auditory system, understanding human language so as to develop algorithms and systems for human computer interactions, as well as applying natural language processing (NLP) techniques to gene predictions.   She has published over 170 refereed articles on these subjects, and has been invited to give keynote speeches at several international conferences.  She has also supervised numerous Master's and PhD theses at MIT. 

In recent years, Dr. Seneff has focused her research interests back towards biology. She is concentrating mainly on the relationship between nutrition and health.  Since 2011, she has published over 30 papers, together with colleagues, in various peer-reviewed medical and heath-related journals on topics such as modern day diseases (e.g., Alzheimer, autism, cardiovascular diseases), analysis and search of databases of drug side effects using NLP techniques, and the impact of nutritional deficiencies and environmental toxins on human health.

so do you think she is a quack and don’t know as much as you know 

So you post her "credentials" as if to back her up as an expert, yet you conveniently leave out so many things

Weird how your Knowles of her stops at what only suits your agenda 

Weird how that works

So, by your estimate, she is Uber qualified because "she supervised many Masters and Thesis at MIT"

Yet, you fail to also post that MIT has taken down most of her(if not all) of her work because they have discredited her

You must have just forgot to put that in there when posting about her MIT credentials 

Because if you are using her MIT work as evidence of her qualifications, than surely their denouncement of her would then negate those qualifications, no?

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/glp-facts/stephanie-seneff-anti-crop-biotechnology-mit-computer-scientist-morphs-into-anti-vaccine-activist-blames-weedkiller-glyphosate-for-covid-pandemic/

Ok let's move on to those esteemed conferences she has spoken at, that again, you submit as evidence of her qualifications 

Run by this guy....Robert Kennedy Jr

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN25F16X

PS....I agree with her on her agricultural thesis and their harming effects 

6 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

Vax is no immortality fix. natural immunity declines with age & conditions. consider around 97% of western Covid dead were Unvaxxed. 

11 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

So you post her "credentials" as if to back her up as an expert, yet you conveniently leave out so many things

Weird how your Knowles of her stops at what only suits your agenda 

Weird how that works

So, by your estimate, she is Uber qualified because "she supervised many Masters and Thesis at MIT"

Yet, you fail to also post that MIT has taken down most of her(if not all) of her work because they have discredited her

You must have just forgot to put that in there when posting about her MIT credentials 

Because if you are using her MIT work as evidence of her qualifications, than surely their denouncement of her would then negate those qualifications, no?

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/glp-facts/stephanie-seneff-anti-crop-biotechnology-mit-computer-scientist-morphs-into-anti-vaccine-activist-blames-weedkiller-glyphosate-for-covid-pandemic/

Ok let's move on to those esteemed conferences she has spoken at, that again, you submit as evidence of her qualifications 

Run by this guy....Robert Kennedy Jr

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN25F16X

PS....I agree with her on her agricultural thesis and their harming effects 

Unless a western professor of Epidemiology or Immunology, or endorsed by western top medical institutes, not interested.