News Forum - ‘Deltacron’ in Thailand? Pft, we got this: Public Health Ministry

Thaiger

Don’t fear new virus variants — we can handle it. That’s the main message from Thailand’s public health ministry, which says the country is well equipped to handle any new Covid-19 strains, including the so-called “Deltacron” variant, a possible combination of Delta and Omicron. Speaking at the Thailand International Health EXPO 2022 on Thursday, Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said the ministry has already prepared sufficient medical tools, including vaccines and drugs, ensuring it can successfully combat the virus, regardless of how it evolves. He also said the current pandemic regulations in place remain effective tools to mitigate the spread […]

The story ‘Deltacron’ in Thailand? Pft, we got this: Public Health Ministry as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

a meta-analysis has just been published : There is no risk of hand-borne transmission.

With the current variants if you do not disinfect your hands correctly: no risk.

With future variants, we don't know...

Maybe one day we will have to train people to properly disinfect their hands? the sooner the better, right?

Edited by vvdb.fr
Add

Will sleep well knowing this fact, sounds about the same as when Uncle Tu stated he wouldn't allow Omicron into Thailand. 555

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"Frequent hand washing!"  I dont know many Thais that understand  frequent  hand washing or that they actually  do it.  I usually  see a bowl of water, no soap, that they all just dip their hands in, without  changing it for the next person.   Almost reminds me of a certain scene  from the movie THE THIRTEENTH WARRIOR.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 1:50 PM, vvdb.fr said:

a meta-analysis has just been published : There is no risk of hand-borne transmission.

With the current variants if you do not disinfect your hands correctly: no risk.

With future variants, we don't know...

Maybe one day we will have to train people to properly disinfect their hands? the sooner the better, right?

We were taught to wash our hands after using the toilet etc, but I see alot of women walk out of the loos without even looking at the sink and soap

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 2:40 PM, Graham said:

Will sleep well knowing this fact, sounds about the same as when Uncle Tu stated he wouldn't allow Omicron into Thailand. 555

Here Here! I very much dislike this guy, truth be told he isn’t very knowledgeable imop! 

At one time he was denied access to Switzerland  cause he didn’t meet the covid requirements 555!

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/public-health-minister-barred-entry-to-switzerland-over-vaccine-requirements

45 minutes ago, Mandy said:

We were taught to wash our hands after using the toilet etc, but I see alot of women walk out of the loos without even looking at the sink and soap

Yes same here but on the mens side! They go straight to the mirror and adjust their hair ! 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 8:28 PM, Lifeboat said:

"Frequent hand washing!"  I dont know many Thais that understand  frequent  hand washing or that they actually  do it.  I usually  see a bowl of water, no soap, that they all just dip their hands in, without  changing it for the next person.   Almost reminds me of a certain scene  from the movie THE THIRTEENTH WARRIOR.

One thing I dont see anymore are the community water stations with the silver cup dangling from the spigot!

Maybe a chance he banned those during the crisis! 

On 3/20/2022 at 1:28 PM, Lifeboat said:

Maybe your view on this is down to the Thais you associate with on a day to day basis as I see Thais washing their hands in the proper way generally, with individual water and soap.

I was talking to an English guy in the UK a few months ago and he said his wife always squats down on her heels near the floor when eating.

"You know, in the typical Thai way", he said.

I said all the Thais I know sit at a table on a chair and eat with a spoon and fork.

It turned out his wife was from a small remote village in Issan and he thought she represented the whole country, funny I thought, we know we are individuals but for some reason many farangs think Thais are all made from the same mould and they are all alike.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 1:33 PM, riclag said:

One thing I dont see anymore are the community water stations with the silver cup dangling from the spigot!

Maybe a chance he banned those during the crisis! 

Lol, they all have personal water coolers with the one cup, so everyone with rotten teeth and gum disease  can share with others.

• Like 1