News Forum - Official assigned to “investigate” anyone who shares Lisa Blackpink’s whisky ads

Thaiger

The director of Thailand’s Office of the Alcohol Control Committee has been assigned to investigate anyone who shares photos of a famous Thai celebrity promoting a whisky brand. He was assigned by the Department of Disease Control, according to reporters. The celebrity, Lisa from Blackpink, is a brand ambassador for the Scotch whisky company Chivas. In Thailand, it’s illegal to advertise alcohol. Those who violate this law can be fined up to 500,000 baht or sentenced to one year in jail, or both. In an exclusive interview this week, Lisa told High Snobiety she became a Chivas ambassador to inspire people to […]

The story Official assigned to “investigate” anyone who shares Lisa Blackpink’s whisky ads as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand’s Office of the Alcohol Control Committee has been assigned to investigate anyone who shares photos of a famous Thai celebrity promoting a whisky brand.

Great publicity

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Great publicity

Great publicity for how draconian the law is. I’m sure arresting or threatening thousands of fans for posting her pictures on Twitter or Facebook will warm Thais’ hearts to the Alcohol Control Board. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Transam said:

When I read this, I thought.........

Dino.jpg.2d1affe6e6007bc43f9e7681824d2a6f.jpg

Indeed. And those dinosaurs probably were thinking this effort is a colossal waste of time and resources. 

Meanwhile drunk drivers keep on trucking!

Another very stupid law in Thailand,time for changing a lot of things in Thailand.

Replace the old ways with a few fresh ideas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The director of Thailand’s Office of the Alcohol Control Committee has been assigned to investigate anyone who shares photos of a famous Thai celebrity promoting a whisky brand. He was assigned by the Department of Disease Control, according to reporters. The celebrity, Lisa from Blackpink, is a brand ambassador for the Scotch whisky company Chivas. In Thailand, it’s illegal to advertise alcohol. Those who violate this law can be fined up to 500,000 baht or sentenced to one year in jail, or both. In an exclusive interview this week, Lisa told High Snobiety she became a Chivas ambassador to inspire people to […]

The story Official assigned to “investigate” anyone who shares Lisa Blackpink’s whisky ads as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Sharing a pic 500 000 baht? They are really insane and should check their mental health status. Before they praised her as ambassador for Thai culture. These officials really left any ground of common sense and are not able to think rational. I guess not everybody check every ad from the teenagers when they share pictures of their stars or idols. It shows the official lost any connectiin of the reality in the nowaday digital world and younger generations who are online every day.

8 minutes ago, Transam said:

Illegal to advertise booze, yet this type of thing can be seen all over the place.....🤔

chang.thumb.jpg.6f20c58449820c7160f6d96b87389da9.jpg

chang2.jpg.76ff0f1f64782c1343b3320f7dc029b7.jpg

As I use ad blockers I am even not aware what kind of ads are on the links or pages.

1 minute ago, Transam said:

Loads on Google....🤗

You mean it is dangereous now to have the ad blockers and check all ads before sharing a link. This would be really insane. They lost really their minds or never had one.

Just now, Transam said:

Sorry, don't understand that, my point was, advertising booze in LOS is illegal, yet if I Google, Chang "advertising" photos, a multitude of pics come up, so are all the places with Chang signs outside breaking the law too...😋

Ah ok misunderstanding from my side because I was on the point who check all the ads on every page before he share a link.

The law does seem unenforced.

They must still be unhappy with her decision not to attend the New Years Eve event and seeking to recoup some losses from that by taking it out on her fans!

• Like 2

It is plainly illegal to show any alcohol or it’s direct name or label in Thailand. Outside of here is not. So even TT allowing a beer bottle with company name and logo on it on this forum is illegal. 

10 hours ago, Transam said:

Illegal to advertise booze, yet this type of thing can be seen all over the place.....🤔

chang.thumb.jpg.6f20c58449820c7160f6d96b87389da9.jpg

chang2.jpg.76ff0f1f64782c1343b3320f7dc029b7.jpg

You must be using a VPN because these ads would not appear on a computer/device with a Thai IP address. You might be able to search and find stock images. But never as ad placements. I'd be shocked

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The celebrity, Lisa from Blackpink, is a brand ambassador for the Scotch whisky company Chivas.

blended the two together then .. 

Mine's on the locks please darling .. 

4 hours ago, Cabra said:

You must be using a VPN because these ads would not appear on a computer/device with a Thai IP address. You might be able to search and find stock images. But never as ad placements. I'd be shocked

I was sure Chang and Singha get away with it as they both also sell drinking water, which is allowed to be advertised. I haven't seen them directly referring to beer in their ads.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Faraday said:

For what reason is there a ban on advertising alcohol?

I really don't understand the log..🤣

Because the Thai government believes their citizens to be children and must be protected from undue influence from these barbarian practices... you know?

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Skip said:

Because the Thai government believes their citizens to be children and must be protected from undue influence from these barbarian practices... you know?

The government would be pretty pi55ed off if they lost the revenue from the tax on alcohol, whatever they 'claim' the reasons are for banning advertising.

That well-known phrase 'Thai government speaks with forked tongue' springs to my mind.

4 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

The government would be pretty pi55ed off if they lost the revenue from the tax on alcohol, whatever they 'claim' the reasons are for banning advertising.

That well-known phrase 'Thai government speaks with forked tongue' springs to my mind.

I meet a bargirl once with forked tounge who really blew me away, so she earned a double revenue😋

IMG_20220318_084501.jpg

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Faraday said:

For what reason is there a ban on advertising alcohol?

I really don't understand the log..🤣

Sort of like an out of sight out of mind in a subliminal way. Like seeing a hot girl and then you start getting a ?..... salivating mouth.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

It is plainly illegal to show any alcohol or it’s direct name or label in Thailand. Outside of here is not. So even TT allowing a beer bottle with company name and logo on it on this forum is illegal. 

I am thinking now about their meeting with the North Korean officials 🤔 

2 minutes ago, Stardust said:

I am thinking now about their meeting with the North Korean officials 🤔 

Yeah, thinking about that idiocy will surely make you want to sit down and open up a bottle of Chivas.

• Haha 1