Thai-English auto-translate down on Facebook due to “technical issues”

Thaiger

Facebook’s Thai to English auto-translation feature on posts and comments has been taken down due to “technical issues,” the social media company’s communications manager for Thailand and Laos wrote in a statement to The Thaiger. Some have pointed out that auto-translate displayed an incorrect and derogatory word for a post on a recent royal ceremony in Thailand. Facebook did not comment on what specifically prompted the social media company to take down the feature. Facebook temporarily suspended the auto-translate feature from Thai to English while we resolve some technical issues. We will turn the auto-translate back on once these issues […]

The post Thai-English auto-translate down on Facebook due to “technical issues” appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

3 hours ago, 6ixty-ei8ht said:

I belive it has been 'useful' rather than 'usual'... 

I'm sure you're correct, but your spelling of 'believe' equally demonstrates the result of a momentary lapse in concentration.

Hello and welcome to T-T!

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

KC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Typical leftist thinking...inconvenience millions over an automated translation mistake that offended very few comparatively. Apologize, correct the phrase translation and move on. The left and pampered elites (in their own minds) are soooo over-sensitive...like children, actually.

• Like 2

This is very annoying because I have many friends/family in Thailand who cannot speak English and i have only very limited Thai. Is there any plan to re-instate this function ? Surely honest errors can be seen as such ? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mike_Rule said:

This is very annoying because I have many friends/family in Thailand who cannot speak English and i have only very limited Thai. Is there any plan to re-instate this function ? Surely honest errors can be seen as such ? 

I think you should direct that to Facebook directly. Having said that it it not too difficult to copy and paste it into Google translate is it ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/17/2021 at 11:38 AM, wartich said:

When will thai be translated into English on Facebook 

Auto English translations are hilarious at best and possibly offensive at worst,  Hence FB stopped it

On 7/20/2021 at 11:47 AM, Mike_Rule said:

Is annoying it's true