News Forum - 7 students at Thailand university face charges for allegedly beating a student to death

Thaiger

Since 19 year old student Padyos “Prem” Chonpakdi was beaten to death, allegedly by university students in a violent initiation ceremony on Sunday in Nakhon Ratchasima, seven upper-level students have confessed to using excessive violence against Prem which lead to his death. Prem was forced to undress, drink excessive amounts of alcohol, sing and was punched in the stomach and chest, reports in Thai media say. When Prem lost consciousness and couldn’t breathe, the students took him to the hospital, but Prem died before he arrived. Prem’s body was sent to an institute of forensic pathology for an autopsy and […]

The story 7 students at Thailand university face charges for allegedly beating a student to death as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I've never been able to understand this stupid ritual of initiation.

All 32 senior students present should be excluded from all further education anywhere in Thailand, it would be a gross waste of educational facilities trying to educate imbeciles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

In a big way I say good as these little punks need to be punnished. If it was my son dead then I would want their heads cut off in a bag. But realistically, the best thing might be for them to be forced to go into the armed forces and be treated to very hard work. Re-educating them like a mind reset as I don't think jail is the proper way to go for them and totally ruin their lives. Now if they are in and out true punk bullies then rack em up, but they may need the benefit of the doubt first before sending them up a creek. Total shame a nice kid had to be subjected to bully hazing and die.

15 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

In a big way I say good as these little punks need to be punnished. If it was my son dead then I would want their heads cut off in a bag. But realistically, the best thing might be for them to be forced to go into the armed forces and be treated to very hard work. Re-educating them like a mind reset as I don't think jail is the proper way to go for them and totally ruin their lives. Now if they are in and out true punk bullies then rack em up, but they may need the benefit of the doubt first before sending them up a creek. Total shame a nice kid had to be subjected to bully hazing and die.

Sadly most that will probably happen is they ask for forgiveness of the family, pay up a sizeable sum  to the family and go their merry way, the no money ones will probably head to a Wat and become monks for awhile.

This tops the list of stupid things kids do. Where are the adults in all this? They know it goes on but do nothing. It’s the dumbest most brain dead ritual one can imagine but these kids are still allowed to engage in it. Parents don’t spend all this money to have their kids beat up and killed. This was murder plain and simple. A few bullets in the back of these murderers by the government will send the message to what is clearly a very stupid class of kids. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

seven upper-level students have confessed to using excessive violence against Prem which lead to his death

Excessive violence? So had it just been Violence all would have been ok then? 

I'm disgusted by the way the seniors stepped up their "game" but also (although subjectively to a lesser extent) that the juniors went along with it.

I realize that the irrational behavior of both sides is explainable in terms of the bandwagon effect, communal reinforcement, conformism, peer pressure etc. etc., but that only reinforces my belief that humanity is still near the bottom of evolution's ladder.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, palooka said:

All 32 senior students present should be excluded from all further education anywhere in Thailand

But the Army or Police Force will accept them ….. for they are already pre trained. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1