Passport renewal

Leadbelly

I am trying to decide whether to renew my passport now or wait until I am in Thailand.  My intention is to get a non O visa and after waiting the required time, to apply for a marriage visa in Thailand.  My passport expires in one year.  If I use the old passport for the non O visa and then get a new passport as soon as possible after arriving in Thailand and get the marriage visa with the new passport, will I only have to carry the new passport, or both?

Change it before you apply for the Non O Visa.

Once in Thailand, within the last 30 days of the 90 days granted on entry and after depositing 400K in a Thai bank account in your sole name for 2 months, you apply to extend your stay for 1 year based on Thai spouse, a permit not a Visa.

• Like 2

I renewed my Aus passport late last year in Thailand. the process from initial contact to receiving the passport took 3 months, so I would 100% recommend getting a new one before coming over.