News Forum - Travel Guide: Visiting Bangkok with family? Avoid these places…

Thaiger

Thailand is know for its natural beauty – from the picturesque beaches in the south, to the hilly region in the north – which provide a pleasant contrast to the colourful concrete jungle that is the capital of Bangkok. Whichever location you choose to explore, you’ll be tempted with plenty of fresh local dishes and greeted with smiling faces. But not every smile is an innocent one; many tourists visit Thailand for the red light districts, especially Bangkok. While there’s certainly something for every type of tourist, if you’re visiting Thailand with your family, there are definitely some areas you […]

The story Travel Guide: Visiting Bangkok with family? Avoid these places… as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Khaosan road should definitely be avoided, just a road with Thai cliché facades, and everything to triple prices. 

• Like 3

My wife and kids quite like Khaosan. Personally I don't. 

I also had a good walk around the RLD in Amsterdam with them, which they loved. The Dam is a great city. Preferable to Paris IMO

A list with addresses and phone numbers, in all the provinces may be more helpful, for the families, before they get here, so they don't just stumble onto them.🙂

Edited by Thaidup

I think the grand palace should be on the avoid list due to the legions of con artists outside and the outrageous entry fee for non thais.the emerald buddah is way to far away to have a good look at it and is stolen property anyway,why endorse thieving to the youngsters?

• Like 1

The only one I don't agree with on this list is Khao San Road. I think it should be seen by everyone, kids included, and there is very little "inappropriate" or vulgar happening during the day. It's such an interesting amalgamation of Thai culture, western desire for familiarity, naive traveling, and legitimately great food and drinks...you've got to see it. I love to get a foot massage on the sidewalk with a cold drink and just people watch on KSR every once in a while.

If you're taking your kids out at night and they see something nasty, that's on you. Not Khao San.

• Like 3

Khaosan should be avoided, but only because it isn't what it used to be. It's mostly just a dead area nowadays. Also the grand palace should be avoided due to the shameless dual pricing there. Also Thailand should be avoided due to most places requiring facemasks everywhere - it's not family friendly at all, and so last year.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ThomasG said:

Khaosan should be avoided, but only because it isn't what it used to be. It's mostly just a dead area nowadays. Also the grand palace should be avoided due to the shameless dual pricing there. Also Thailand should be avoided due to most places requiring facemasks everywhere - it's not family friendly at all, and so last year.

Yet you are still so obsessed with the place you are on a Thai forum  

16 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Yet you are still so obsessed with the place you are on a Thai forum  

Isn't that a place where low end falangs go?

Daft article who in their right mind takes kids to Nana, SC or crappy Khao San? There is little to see in Bkk, river trip, Wat Po, Jim Thompson house, one or two parks and that's about it

On 3/16/2022 at 3:07 AM, Cathat said:

I think the grand palace should be on the avoid list due to the legions of con artists outside and the outrageous entry fee for non thais.the emerald buddah is way to far away to have a good look at it and is stolen property anyway,why endorse thieving to the youngsters?

500 BAHT outrageous....

Big spender you be...😆😆

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

500 BAHT outrageous....

Big spender you be...😆😆

I'm not being paid sackfuls of tax free saudi riyals anymore,times are ard!

compared to wat po it is a rip off and my whining is a bit along the lines of the incessant complaints about dual pricing at national parks.

It's not as if the family that owns the grand palace are hurting for a few baht is it.

as the former head of the no1 no good cheap charlie's club of bangkok (lower suchumvit chapter) the members would expect no less of me.

Edited by Cathat
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ThomasG said:

Unlikely that anyone would feel the need to shield a child's eyes from dual pricing. You seemed to have missed the point for the purpose of making your own irrelevant ones.

On 3/15/2022 at 3:57 AM, Thaiger said:

Thailand is know for its natural beauty – from the picturesque beaches in the south, to the hilly region in the north – which provide a pleasant contrast to the colourful concrete jungle that is the capital of Bangkok. Whichever location you choose to explore, you’ll be tempted with plenty of fresh local dishes and greeted with smiling faces. But not every smile is an innocent one; many tourists visit Thailand for the red light districts, especially Bangkok. While there’s certainly something for every type of tourist, if you’re visiting Thailand with your family, there are definitely some areas you […]

The story Travel Guide: Visiting Bangkok with family? Avoid these places… as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Take the kiddos to Singapore instead. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LoongFred said:

There you go again mate, those jumped up illusions of grandeur .

23 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Unfortunately Freddy mate it's people like yourself give your fellow countrymen a bad name.