Non O Marriage visa ( Needed proof money only 400.000 Baht rest we can do all self )

Lucas1974

13 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Nope - you can go overland to Laos, I did it. 

With Thailand pass, Test, SHA+ Hotel? Plus departure test?

10 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

With Thailand pass, Test, SHA+ Hotel? Plus departure test?

No it was pre covid - but I was following the theme Faz alluded to 'when the borders open' the guy had another option so kind of assuming all those conditions may be gone then. Still even if not gone, the guy seems to be in the brown stuff so may have to go through those hoops too.

Wow, what a discourse!

Couple of things come to mind.

1. Immigration offices all different. Here in Chiang Mai they want a 6 month bank statement AND a copy of all pages of your bank book presumably to determine whether anyone is trying to scam the 400,000 baht requirement. I don't know but assume, that you will not get an extension if these show a small balance with a sudden influx of cash a week ot two before the 2 months to renewal starts.

I do know ever since embassies finished providing proof of income, immigration has been cracking down.

2. Anyone who loans money with no hard collateral is nuts. As mentioned, a chenote on land covering 150% of the loan or other valuables is the way to go. Even within family you are likely to never see the money again.

Edited by Disenfranchised
Grammar