Non O Marriage visa ( Needed proof money only 400.000 Baht rest we can do all self )

Lucas1974

18 hours ago, Shark said:

Only in certain areas. In most areas this visa has been terminated it's either (non-O)/or (non-B + WP).

Visas aren't terminated, they expire on the 'enter before' date.
You extend your permission of stay each year after the permission of stay granted by the original Visa expires.

Obtaining a work permit on an extension based on marriage to a Thai spouse has nothing to do with Immigration. The local labour office issue them.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Shark said:

One thing worries me through you state you need a motorcycle for work, this means to work legally in the country one should be on a non-B visa with a work permit. Be careful with statements as you made on public forums.

That's incorrect.
You can apply for a work permit at the Labour office if legally married to a Thai. It has nothing to do with Immigration.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lucas1974 said:

It is really not make any sense you cannot do nothing with this money.

The 400K funds based on marriage only need to be in the bank for 2 months prior to the date of application, not the date the extension expires - there is a difference.
Once the extension is approved you can withdraw and spend that 400K, but must top it up again 2 months prior to submitting your next extension application.

You can apply up to 30 days in advance of your current extension expiring, example;
Extension renewal date due August 15th.
You can submit your application on July 16th.
The funds must be in the account for 2 months prior to the date of submitting your application.
Therefore the funds would need to be in the account by May 16th - 2 months before applying.

If you submitted you application on August 10th, then the funds would need to be in the account from June 10th. A 3 month bank statement is standard as proof the funds were in the account for a full 2 months.

21 hours ago, Lucas1974 said:

Haha you so funny I have nothing and cannot also Loan to a bank money.

That way I ask people help or possible tell me an Agency what make sense.

If family or friends can't help you, why would you expect a stranger to help when you have no collateral as security?

@Faz I understand you, but if you can help an example 400K and paid then 15K for borrow the money I think there sure a way to do!

Everything can be arrange sure if can help people out.

we can be advise always but I need actions who really can help me out!

But it likes everybody for his own it sad 

48 minutes ago, Faz said:

You can apply for a work permit at the Labour office if legally married to a Thai. It has nothing to do with Immigration.

but this would also result into 50.000THB a month (as a minimum for most foreigners x 12 = 600.000THB) as taxable income and that's sufficient for the 400K a year too.

Elaboration: 

- Myself needs 600.000THB (my minimum salary has been set to 50.000THB in the land of smiles) to support my non-Thai wife's (non-O) visa - I didn't have this amount for 2 years that much I know for sure however my Work Permit stated that I earned this amount and therefore it was considered as enough.

@Lucas1974If you're a holder of a valid WP consider contacting your local Immigration Office.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lucas1974 said:

Wait still for a solution how to GET that money ...

My wife used to lend money, but only to supposedly good friends or family.

For the last 2 years times have been tough for business, employers and employees due to Covid.
My wife lent 20,000 to a 'supposedly' good friend, who then moved to a different Province 12 months ago and still owes her money.
She lent 20,000 to another 'supposedly' good friend who was in debt to a loan shark. They agreed she would repay it 200 baht a day, but she had to hound her, calling at her home and place of work and it eventually took over 6 months to get it back.

In-between the wife's cousin signed as guarantor for her daughter buying a car. The daughter got in debt, sold the car and couldn't keep up the repayments. Her mother (wife's cousin) put her house up as collateral for the loan and she couldn't afford the repayments, so they came calling to repossess the house.
My wife lent her 400K to save her house being repossessed, to be repaid within 3 months as her cousin had 2 plots of land she was selling, one for 1 M baht, the other for 6M baht.

That was 7 months ago!
Her cousin has had 'offers' to purchase the land plots, but less than the value she places on them. It's a buyers market at the moment, they know some sellers are desperate for funds. Fortunately at my insistence, I had my wife draw up an agreement using her 1M baht plot of land as collateral for the loan.
Next month, we will exercise that agreement, possess the plot of land, sell it for whatever price we can get taking the 400K out and giving the rest back to her cousin.
This will cause some divides within the family, but my wife lent the money in trust and good faith, she isn't a charity.

You want to borrow 400K against no collateral, just your word - good luck with that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

4 minutes ago, Faz said:

You want to borrow 400K against no collateral, just your word - good luck with that!

I fully agree with this and nobody in his bright mind will do this for sure. Nobody is a 'charity'. I also had my share of local whom think I'm a charity. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Shark said:

but this would also result into 50.000THB a month (as a minimum for most foreigners x 12 = 600.000THB) as taxable income and that's sufficient for the 400K a year too.

Elaboration: 

- Myself needs 600.000THB (my minimum salary has been set to 50.000THB in the land of smiles) to support my non-Thai wife's (non-O) visa - I didn't have this amount for 2 years that much I know for sure however my Work Permit stated that I earned this amount and therefore it was considered as enough.

@Lucas1974If you're a holder of a valid WP consider contacting your local Immigration Office.

Your case and situation is totally different.
Your applying for an extension based on a Non B and using taxable income as proof of financials. Your wife is not Thai.
You apply under section 2.1, your wife under section 2.20

When married to a Thai you are automatically granted the right to work to support her.
The reason for an extension and that of a work permit are completely separate issues.
Extension applied for under section 2.18

• Thanks 2

I think it would be a good normally when married to a Thai wife she should arrange the 400K for the visa stay her husband.

They can loan money by bank have mostly land but cannot help for the proof of money.

But the whole thing make not any sense to proof of money. 

And I not a Thai people who not gonna paid money back etc.

37 minutes ago, Lucas1974 said:

I think it would be a good normally when married to a Thai wife she should arrange the 400K for the visa stay her husband.

Or she could change the husband for one that can afford to legally stay with her.

• Haha 2
  • Cool 1

42 minutes ago, Lucas1974 said:

If she wanted to she could help you with it but like @Faz rightfully stated she can always do the 'upgrade'.

• Haha 2

Option 4.

Once Vietnam (HCMC) and Lao (Savannakhet) open, you could apply for the Non Imm O ME Visa with proof of marriage to a Thai. No financial requirements. You'd have to make border runs though.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Faz said:

Option 4.

Once Vietnam (HCMC) and Lao (Savannakhet) open, you could apply for the Non Imm O ME Visa with proof of marriage to a Thai. No financial requirements. You'd have to make border runs though.

Option 5: Education visa? Learning about Thai culture and the needed money on your bank to maintain your wife... 555 (sorry I couldn't resist) - No offense meant Mr. @Lucas1974

The Visa you mention Faz I did it already before it sucks also cannot over land must be fly.

(S)cambodia make a big problem for me when try came back Thailand.

@SharkI also did that already visa agency (Claudio!!!!) take jot any care me more register school lost 16k!!!

It not make any sense also I never need or support my wife or any gf as they have own work.

Not buy a house at isan  etc etc I not have that any amount money also maybe old man have easy yeah.

I stay already 5 year here known a lot do  a lot also I at Rescue but for Visa as you known it always depent to others so sad!

2 hours ago, Faz said:

My wife used to lend money, but only to supposedly good friends or family.

For the last 2 years times have been tough for business, employers and employees due to Covid.
My wife lent 20,000 to a 'supposedly' good friend, who then moved to a different Province 12 months ago and still owes her money.
She lent 20,000 to another 'supposedly' good friend who was in debt to a loan shark. They agreed she would repay it 200 baht a day, but she had to hound her, calling at her home and place of work and it eventually took over 6 months to get it back.

In-between the wife's cousin signed as guarantor for her daughter buying a car. The daughter got in debt, sold the car and couldn't keep up the repayments. Her mother (wife's cousin) put her house up as collateral for the loan and she couldn't afford the repayments, so they came calling to repossess the house.
My wife lent her 400K to save her house being repossessed, to be repaid within 3 months as her cousin had 2 plots of land she was selling, one for 1 M baht, the other for 6M baht.

That was 7 months ago!
Her cousin has had 'offers' to purchase the land plots, but less than the value she places on them. It's a buyers market at the moment, they know some sellers are desperate for funds. Fortunately at my insistence, I had my wife draw up an agreement using her 1M baht plot of land as collateral for the loan.
Next month, we will exercise that agreement, possess the plot of land, sell it for whatever price we can get taking the 400K out and giving the rest back to her cousin.
This will cause some divides within the family, but my wife lent the money in trust and good faith, she isn't a charity.

Against my wishes my wide lends quite a bit of money out 

And in 2+ years there hasn't been one payment missed (we are talking 20-30 customers)

I don't even think a payment has been late 

Mostly MB taxi drivers...

I don't like the business, too predatory

But her borrowers seem to almost feel she's doing them a favor

She's not, she's charging them way too much!

The only thing I find funny in all of it 

Is if any extended family ask to borrow money, she charges them double!

To persuade them not to ask....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

And in 2+ years there hasn't been one payment missed (we are talking 20-30 customers)

I don't even think a payment has been late 

Up until last year, that was the case with my wife.
She charges 10% interest on the borrowed amount, which I used to think was excessive.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 2:40 PM, Lucas1974 said:

And yes I have a Minivan

Isn't the minivan your answer? Take a loan using your minivan as collateral, the loan originator retains the Title or ownership until you repay (or don't) the loan + interest...

Seems fairly straightforward unless the minivan is not worth 600,000 baht or so (extra to cover recovery expenses in case of default or non-repayment)

Also you came here and started asking around after only around 5 posts...that hardly engenders a feeling of generosity as you are someone who blew in to a predominantly falang forum looking for a loan from "rich falang" . I'm not saying you are not honest but it looks a little suspicious imho. If you had been around for years and had personal contacts I think that would be different. I wish you luck.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 10:24 AM, Faz said:

Obtaining a work permit on an extension based on marriage to a Thai spouse has nothing to do with Immigration. The local labour office issue them.

I guess this is old law your referencing to as MFA states the following:

The Non-Immigrant “O” Visa for dependents does not allow them to legally work in Thailand. If Non- O holders wish to work, he or she should get the appropriate Non-Immigrant “B” Visa and Work Permit through their own employers.

Source: http://m.mfa.go.th/main/th/services/1287/104719-Visa-Non--Immigrant-“O”-ติดตามครอบครัว.html

11 minutes ago, Shark said:

The Non-Immigrant “O” Visa for dependents does not allow them to legally work in Thailand. If Non- O holders wish to work, he or she should get the appropriate Non-Immigrant “B” Visa and Work Permit through their own employers.

Dependants as in children or a foreign wife dependant on her husband working in Thailand.

You are not a 'dependant' when married to a Thai and proving an income of 40K per month, or 400K funds.

On 3/15/2022 at 6:05 AM, Lucas1974 said:

The Visa you mention Faz I did it already before it sucks also cannot over land must be fly.

(S)cambodia make a big problem for me when try came back Thailand.

Nope - you can go overland to Laos, I did it. 

Option 6 - what does the Mrs look like ? (just kidding!)