Extend 30 day Visa Exempt entry?

Lemongrass

On 3/10/2022 at 9:00 AM, Faz said:

Apply week starting March 21st for a 30 day extension.
Has a TM30 been filed for you place of residence?

Passport.
Completed TM7 form.
Copy of passport ID page.
Copy of entry stamp
Copy of TM6 card
Passport photo 4x6cm
1,900 BHT fee.

TM 7 Application for Extension of Stay.pdf 137.22 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks for the info, Faz, How many copies do they need each? I am thinking about extending in Jomtien, Pattaya instead of applying through E-Visa but the the problem is I have to wait at least 8 hours and the immigration take your passport for a day plus the immigration people are so mean according to Google reviews.

Do you know if it will affect the Thai pass when I put 60 days on it without E-visa?

42 minutes ago, ace035 said:

Thanks for the info, Faz, How many copies do they need each? I am thinking about extending in Jomtien, Pattaya instead of applying through E-Visa but the the problem is I have to wait at least 8 hours and the immigration take your passport for a day plus the immigration people are so mean according to Google reviews.

Do you know if it will affect the Thai pass when I put 60 days on it without E-visa?

Thai Pass is independent of that 

But you may have an issue at passport control

I could see them being strict about it since they are being so strict with covid entry 

Just do the E-visa

So much easier 

4 hours ago, ace035 said:

I am thinking about extending in Jomtien, Pattaya instead of applying through E-Visa

How long do you intend to stay?

Entering Visa exempt (without a Visa) grants a stay of 30 days, which can be extended by a further 30 days.
Entering with a Tourist Visa (which must be applied for at a Thai Embassy/Consulate) grants a stay of 60 days, which can be extended by a further 30 days.

If you have a Thai spouse/family, you can extend for an additional further 60 days.

4 hours ago, Marc26 said:

But you may have an issue at passport control

I could see them being strict about it since they are being so strict with covid entry 

There is no problem entering Visa exempt.

4 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Just do the E-visa

Only applicable if available and if requiring a Visa.
Only 5/6 Countries currently use the E-Visa application system.

59 minutes ago, Faz said:

How long do you intend to stay?

Entering Visa exempt (without a Visa) grants a stay of 30 days, which can be extended by a further 30 days.
Entering with a Tourist Visa (which must be applied for at a Thai Embassy/Consulate) grants a stay of 60 days, which can be extended by a further 30 days.

If you have a Thai spouse/family, you can extend for an additional further 60 days.

I already had an itinerary for 60 days from the last week of May through the last week of July & according to Marc26, E-visa is more easy because his in Vancouver, mine is in Los Angeles. I'll try E-visa anyway but if they give me a hard time on my paper works, I'll go with Visa exempt for 30 days & extend those in Jomtien, Pattaya. 

Regarding the Thai Pass, do you think they will ask for Visa if I put 60 days or deny it? Maybe, I should email Thai Pass regarding this.

59 minutes ago, ace035 said:

Regarding the Thai Pass, do you think they will ask for Visa if I put 60 days or deny it? Maybe, I should email Thai Pass regarding this.

Any Insurance must cover the period of stay granted at entry, E.G. 30 or 60 depending on whether you obtain a Tourist Visa or enter Visa exempt. Extending your stay within Thailand is separate from the requirements for entering.

2 hours ago, ace035 said:

I already had an itinerary for 60 days from the last week of May through the last week of July & according to Marc26, E-visa is more easy because his in Vancouver, mine is in Los Angeles. I'll try E-visa anyway but if they give me a hard time on my paper works, I'll go with Visa exempt for 30 days & extend those in Jomtien, Pattaya. 

E-Visa is a lot of paperwork but it sounds like you need to bring a lot of paperwork for an extension in country as well

One good thing is they accept PDF

So no need to covert to JPG, like Thai Pass