News Forum - Call centre set up to help Ukrainian and Russian tourists in Phuket

Thaiger

7 minutes ago, Benroon said:

It has been rumoured that all russians who due to their visa/mastercards being cancelled cannot pay their hotel bills will be moved to 'government' hotels, bills picked up by the Thai government, and flown home, again bill being picked up by the Thai govt. 

Careful, no fake news here please …… I’m sure a great news organisation like Bangkok Post will confirm this in short time. Then the Thaiger will do a repost.

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

2 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Bill the Russian embassy ?

So for everyone that can't pay their hotel bill will now be fully expensed and flown home for free ? Once you set a precedent you have to adhere to it.

The Russian Embassy will be facing the same financial issues as its Citizens , they wouldnt be unable to withdraw any money . 

This is just for Russians and Ukrainians , its not for any other Nationality 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Careful, no fake news here please …… I’m sure a great news organisation like Bangkok Post will confirm this in short time. Then the Thaiger will do a repost.

I wonder if I'll get a 'commission scoop' if/when it's confirmed to be true ?

• Haha 1

Just now, Fluke said:

The Russian Embassy will be facing the same financial issues as its Citizens , they wouldnt be unable to withdraw any money . 

This is just for Russians and Ukrainians , its not for any other Nationality 

eh ? I'm fairly certain a Russian embassy won't need to be relying on visa/mastercards.

Picture the scene - Vladimir Grotsky (name made up to protect the innocent but apologies to anyone called Vladimir Grotsky) - has just 20k baht left on his last few days of his hols and reads if he rocks up and says his cards have been cancelled, and rather than pay his hotel bill, he can blow it on Noo and her ladyboy mate on his last night and a fully expensed flight home !

The point being the thai government have no business offering any refuge whatsoever to people who have been shafted as a result of their own governments madness! It's not the Thais problem, even less so when the rest of the world is clamping down on them.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, Benroon said:

eh ? I'm fairly certain a Russian embassy won't need to be relying on visa/mastercards.

Picture the scene - Vladimir Grotsky (name made up to protect the innocent but apologies to anyone called Vladimir Grotsky) - has just 20k baht left on his last few days of his hols and reads if he rocks up and says his cards have been cancelled, and rather than pay his hotel bill, he can blow it on Noo and her ladyboy mate on his last night and a fully expensed flight home !

The point being the thai government have no business offering any refuge whatsoever to people who have been shafted as a result of their own governments madness! It's not the Thais problem, even less so when the rest of the world is clamping down on them.

Oh, How does the Russian Embassy get cash transfered from Russia to Bangkok ?

These measures have been taken to get Russians and Ukrainians back home because there is a a war going on at the moment . Russians having sex with ladyboys is the least of anyones concerns , (well apart from that that seems to be )

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Benroon said:

So using your example, would it now not be prudent for the Thai Government to block all new Russian arrivals? As those that arrive the hotels they stay at will request a Credit Card on arrival, no card, they will have to use cash. Then when fun runs out …. some government support ….. maybe.

3 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Oh, How does the Russian Embassy get cash transfered from Russia to Bangkok ?

These measures have been taken to get Russians and Ukrainians back home because there is a a war going on at the moment . Russians having sex with ladyboys is the least of anyones concerns , (well apart from that that seems to be )

Well I'm assuming the embassy will have a bank account in the country they're in. 

Anyone abroad in the shit goes to their embassy. That's supposedly the reason they're there. The only reason My Prayut is alledgedly offering to pick up the bill is to blow smoke up ol shortarse Putin's arse (apologies for the repeated references to arses)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

So using your example, would it now not be prudent for the Thai Government to block all new Russian arrivals? As those that arrive the hotels they stay at will request a Credit Card on arrival, no card, they will have to use cash. Then when fun runs out …. some government support ….. maybe.

Personally I think it would be prudent to shoot them on sight so we can bring this thing to a close post haste.

However if you're not an anti russian sadist I think it would certainly be prudent to take a 50,000 baht deposit on the card and padlock the mini bar !

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Well I'm assuming the embassy will have a bank account in the country they're in. 

Anyone abroad in the shit goes to their embassy. That's supposedly the reason they're there. The only reason My Prayut is alledgedly offering to pick up the bill is to blow smoke up ol shortarse Putin's arse (apologies for the repeated references to arses)

Could be that Thailand doesn't want to be seen as being hostile to people who visit the Country for a holiday and also doesnt want the long term  problem of what to do with thousands of penniless stranded Russians/Ukrainians who had been thrown out their hotels and are begging on the streets for food . 

The best and quickest solution would be to get them sent back home , although it may be unfair on some of the other tourists in Thailand , if the Russian /Ukrainians manage to get free sex with ladyboys before they go instead of paying their hotel bill . 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

The reason Taiwan is safe, and the reason Russia hasn't received the expected warm response from China, is China is observing just how acutely sanctions hurt ! It would be ruinous for them.

Where do you think the bombs come from... which are used to bomb currently still every night while Murica stated that Russia would run out of bombs by day 5. Where now many more days in... and still not out of bombs. Food for thought. 

3 minutes ago, Shark said:

Where do you think the bombs come from... which are used to bomb currently still every night while Murica stated that Russia would run out of bombs by day 5. Where now many more days in... and still not out of bombs. Food for thought. 

When did America state that Russia would be out of bombs in five days ?

Surely that would depend on how many were dropped and how many they had to begin with ?

Russia can make their own bomb to replace any used .

Do you have any evidence that China is supplying Russia with bombs or is that  Something that you think just could be happening ?

1 minute ago, Fluke said:

When did America state that Russia would be out of bombs in five days ?

Surely that would depend on how many were dropped and how many they had to begin with ?

Russia can make their own bomb to replace any used .

Do you have any evidence that China is supplying Russia with bombs or is that  Something that you think just could be happening ?

Hi Fluke,

At the beginning of this 'all'.
I didn't do the counting.
They stated this isn't possible due to them relying on Germany amongst others to provide them with raw materials for the bomb making and that the process will take a minimum of 3 months.

China and Russia are BIG friends. China always conducted people from invading others, this time they say... oh "Mai penrai". With pretty much the whole west locking out Russia... it is more likely to come from the east of Russia.

53 minutes ago, Shark said:

The thought is Russia is out of smart bombs as they used so many in Syria. They have other bombs, cluster bombs etc enough left.

13 hours ago, Shark said:

No doubt they could come from numerous places if not built in house however I meant verbally - Putin must be highly pissed off that China has verbally offered no support to Russia leaving him stranded on the world stage (apart from tinpot repatriation schemes offered by insignificant juntas)