News Forum - Call centre set up to help Ukrainian and Russian tourists in Phuket

Thaiger

With a number of Russian and Ukrainian expats and tourists in Phuket, a call centre has been set up in the island provinces to help those who may need assistance during the ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine. Those who need assistance can call 0939372086 or 0948191124. A local tourism official says the centre is prepared to help Ukrainians and Russians immediately. The call centre is run by the Tourism Authority of Thailand’s Phuket office and is helping the tourists with booking accommodation and working out financial problems. Russian-language interpreters from the Andaman Guide Association have also joined the centre […]

The story Call centre set up to help Ukrainian and Russian tourists in Phuket as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

OK then, if Russian tourist support their country’s  aggression, violence, trespassing and murder; Then they should be sent back to their country. The Russian Embassy should be held responsible for the supply immediately of flights through China, Turkey, UAE, Myanmar and  North  Korea. There are many routes for them to go back home.  They need to deal with there own Embassy hotline. 

• Like 6

Be interesting to know what practical help and support they are offering?  Are they offering alternative ways for them to withdraw money? I’m sure they aren’t handing out a 1,000 baht a day. So what help are they providing? 

• Like 1

Ukrainian tourists has to be helped many have nowhere to gp as Putin gangster bombed their cities and houses. This are the victims and people everybody has to be concerned. The russian they have to organize evacuation flights from their tour operators like they do worldwide. Russia is the agressor and who is mass murdering civilians! There is no doubt about worldwide!

https://www.dw.com/en/russian-ukrainian-tourists-stranded-abroad-amid-war-back-home/a-61021285

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I’m sure they aren’t handing out a 1,000 baht a day.

And if they did, all Thais would be requesting the same noting the pittance the Thai Government handed out during covid. They may institute the cheap travel deals for them, but with the Ruble tanking ….. they may struggle even with that.

• Like 4

Help stranded Ukrainians, build go will with the rest of the world. Help stranded Russians and be viewed as a Putin sympathizer. One encourages future tourists, one turns off future tourists #choicesmatter

• Like 2

Can anyone confirm what assistance the Russians are receiving? This would be something I would think the Thaiger would be jumping at to report.

1 hour ago, Cabra said:

Help stranded Ukrainians, build go will with the rest of the world. Help stranded Russians and be viewed as a Putin sympathizer. One encourages future tourists, one turns off future tourists #choicesmatter

Who cares what the world thinks? The fact that you actually are as smart as most westerners solely discriminating based on a Citizenship.

I work for a big international company; We have Russians whom wants to leave the country, We've got Ukrainians whom want to stay. 

I also just repatriated my own wife whom will land soon in Bangkok she is Russian as well. Russia planned on this for months. 

So this "choose the good side" is bullshit, I like the Swiss approach of Thailand. It doesn't upset Russia neither does it upset Ukraine. 

9 minutes ago, Shark said:

So this "choose the good side" is bullshit, I like the Swiss approach of Thailand. It doesn't upset Russia neither does it upset Ukraine.

Just upsets everyone else with some kind of morality and outrage seeing innocent children being killed by Putins Russian army. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Shark said:

Who cares what the world thinks? The fact that you actually are as smart as most westerners solely discriminating based on a Citizenship.

I work for a big international company; We have Russians whom wants to leave the country, We've got Ukrainians whom want to stay. 

I also just repatriated my own wife whom will land soon in Bangkok she is Russian as well. Russia planned on this for months. 

Ukrainians wanting to leave for fear of their and their families lives, completely understandable. Ukrainians not wanting to leave their own homeland (and possibly even defending it), completely understandable. Brave even. Russian's wanting to leave behind a warmongering Putin, completely understandable. The Ukrainians (staying or leaving), asking for or needing assistance, I can support that too. But I don't have any sympathy for any Russian who wants to stay in Russia, or plans to return... their on their own in my book. Russians on holiday in Thailand fall squarely into that last category (with rare exception). Their embassy should deal with them (that's what embassies are for / do). 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Russians on holiday in Thailand fall squarely into that last category (with rare exception). Their embassy should deal with them (that's what embassies are for / do). 

Well... they don't really have money in this amazing country due to what NATO did.

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Just upsets everyone else with some kind of morality and outrage seeing innocent children being killed by Putins Russian army. 

Sorry but again address your anger to Putin, Army also does what it gets ordered to by Putin.
Not to Russian Citizens as those per have little (read none) say to what goes on in that country.

1 minute ago, Shark said:

Well... they don't really have money in this amazing country due to what NATO did.

Sorry but again address your anger to Putin, Army also does what it gets ordered to by Putin.
Not to Russian Citizens as those per have little (read none) say to what goes on in that country.

Sorry I disagree. How many of those supposedly stranded in Thailand voted for their friend Putin. A countries population can’t simply wash their hands of the leaders they elected when those leaders become maniacs. The Russian people, just as the German people in 1939 are responsible. Maybe not directly, but certainly indirectly. Sorry but not one ounce of sympathy for any Russian adult having problems. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Sorry I disagree. How many of those supposedly stranded in Thailand voted for their friend Putin. A countries population can’t simply wash their hands of the leaders they elected when those leaders become maniacs. The Russian people, just as the German people in 1939 are responsible. Maybe not directly, but certainly indirectly. Sorry but not one ounce of sympathy for any Russian adult having problems. 

That's fine, that's your right.

Voting couldn't be sabotaged right or perhaps the alternative wasn't even an alternative. 

Just try to find information about the people whom demonstrated in Moscow against the war 2 days ago. All 5000 'disappeared' this is Russia. Iron Fist Russia. Same Iron Fist Russia put 10 kids in foster care because they 'sympathised' with Ukraine by bringing flowers. Russian kids.  

I simply don't think this is the solution. The only people whom got hurt where indeed the normal people not the elite truly in power.

24 minutes ago, Shark said:

NATO didn't do this this. Putin did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shark said:

That's fine that's your right.
Just try to find information about the people whom demonstrated in Moscow against the war 2 days ago. All 5000 'disappeared' this is Russia. Iron Fist Russia.

I simply don't think this is the solution. The only people whom got hurt where indeed the normal people not the elite truly in power.

Well that’s sadly always the way in conflicts. It is good to see a few thousand people out on the streets demonstrating. Equally It’s sad to see athletes posing on the podium with the letter Z on their shirt. 

While I certainly get the wider humanitarian point you are making, I do think the solution is the Russian people. Russia isn’t like North Korea. Russians have lived and almost European lifestyle for the past 20-25 years. To suddenly have that removed will hurt. Hopefully it will hurt enough for 200,000, then 500,000, then 2 million to demonstrate in the Moscow streets. They can stop this, but coordination is the problem. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cabra said:

NATO didn't do this this. Putin did.

no murica did. But it's ok.... Murica orchestrated this for 20+ years and the Internet currently is making heavy hours with the bullshit propoganda that's being put onto it. 

I wonder how many people watched some of the good videos explaining why Russia was provoked - These can be found on YouTube. There are even translated versions even my neighbor right here in Thailand saw the translated German version and he also stated that there's more then just 1 side to a story.

Fact is in a few minutes my wife will land here - I'm relieved. We don't want any war and hate based upon citizenship is just stupid.

3 minutes ago, Shark said:

Just try to find information about the people whom demonstrated in Moscow against the war 2 days ago. All 5000 'disappeared' this is Russia. Iron Fist Russia.

Brave (and likely unfortunate) soles indeed. Those are the Russians I respect.

The Russians in Thailand with return tickets should go to their embassy. Go back to their cities and villages where they have domicile. But don't expect charity or grouse about the ruble or their lack of funds.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Soidog said:

While I certainly get the wider humanitarian point you are making, I do think the solution is the Russian people. Russia isn’t like North Korea. Russians have lived and almost European lifestyle for the past 20-25 years. To suddenly have that removed will hurt. Hopefully it will hurt enough for 200,000, then 500,000, then 2 million to demonstrate in the Moscow streets. They can stop this, but coordination is the problem. 

Thank you. As this is basically my only point. Freezing assets of Putin and the Elite sure that makes sense.
Removing the capability to move money in/out of the country by regular citizens (and perhaps this could've also been on a 'rate limited' form). 

Up to 2M people can and will disappear, Russia remembers Belarus the west however forgot and is back to doing its own thing.

I made my point and we can agree to disagree. Russia isn't going to resolve the problem herself. This will end up with something way worse then the fall of Ukraine (If this happens) because China is watching and Taiwan will be up for grasps.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shark said:

Fact is in a few minutes my wife will land here - I'm relieved. We don't want any war and hate based upon citizenship is just stupid

I'm glad you and your wife will be joined and she is now safe. I have no hate. But it's time for the good people of Russia, who choose to stay in Russia, or want to return to Russia to do whatever they can do to oppose Putin. And if they can't do that, well as the saying goes .. Every country gets the government they deserve. 

Edited by Cabra

3 minutes ago, Cabra said:

I'm glad you and your wife will be joined and she is now safe. I have no hate. But it's time for the good people of Russia, who choose to stay in Russia, or want to return to Russia to do whatever they can do to oppose Putin. And if they can't do that, well as the saying goes .. Every country gets the government they deserve. 

Thank you. 

Don't get me wrong; I actually agree with most of what's said - I don't see how Russia is going to resolve this problem and if NATO is going to be intervening how this would be seen by China.

Does however state a lot about the following countries: US, UK, NL, DE, BE.... and many more... to not even forget to include our beloved TH.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Can anyone confirm what assistance the Russians are receiving? This would be something I would think the Thaiger would be jumping at to report.

It has been rumoured that all russians who due to their visa/mastercards being cancelled cannot pay their hotel bills will be moved to 'government' hotels, bills picked up by the Thai government, and flown home, again bill being picked up by the Thai govt. 

Which I'm sure, if true, is going to go down really well with the thais paying 200% more at the markets for their vegetables than last year.

Got to give it to the junta, they sure know how to pick a losing team!

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

15 minutes ago, Shark said:

no murica did. But it's ok.... Murica orchestrated this for 20+ years and the Internet currently is making heavy hours with the bullshit propoganda that's being put onto it.

There is no doubt USA saw/used Ukraine as an asset to upset Putin and did everything they could to befriend Ukraine, and annoy Putin. Put that is not justification for Russians invasion and annexing territory. Ukraine is a sovereign country with its own rights (its right to befriend whomever, and militarize itself as it sees fit). I don't like the fact that my neighbor has sketchy gangsters for friends either, but I can't burn don't his house and expect to get away with it just because I didn't like who he hangs out with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Benroon said:

It has been rumoured that all russians who due to their visa/mastercards being cancelled cannot pay their hotel bills will be moved to 'government' hotels, bills picked up by the Thai government, and flown home, again bill being picked up by the Thai govt. 

Which I'm sure, if true, is going to go down really well with the thais paying 200% more at the markets for their vegetables than last year.

Got to give it to the junta, they sure know how to pick a losing team!

What would you suggest that the Thai Government should do ?

Arrest them all and jail them for not paying their hotel bills and keep them in jail until the restrictions are lifted ?

21 minutes ago, Shark said:

Thank you. As this is basically my only point. Freezing assets of Putin and the Elite sure that makes sense.
Removing the capability to move money in/out of the country by regular citizens (and perhaps this could've also been on a 'rate limited' form). 

Up to 2M people can and will disappear, Russia remembers Belarus the west however forgot and is back to doing its own thing.

I made my point and we can agree to disagree. Russia isn't going to resolve the problem herself. This will end up with something way worse then the fall of Ukraine (If this happens) because China is watching and Taiwan will be up for grasps.

The reason Taiwan is safe, and the reason Russia hasn't received the expected warm response from China, is China is observing just how acutely sanctions hurt ! It would be ruinous for them.

It's now a global market more than ever, and in the long run this may just be a blessing that if you want to act like a despotic idiot, global sanctions (and full credit to everyone that has fallen into line on this), then coordinated worldwide sanctions will defeat every maniacal idea you ever had as Russia is finding out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

What would you suggest that the Thai Government should do ?

Arrest them all and jail them for not paying their hotel bills and keep them in jail until the restrictions are lifted ?

Bill the Russian embassy ?

So for everyone that can't pay their hotel bill will now be fully expensed and flown home for free ? Once you set a precedent you have to adhere to it.

• Cool 1