News Forum - Paypal will still work in Thailand until the end of the year

Thaiger

After Paypal warned of suspending its services in Thailand starting March 7, the company announced  yesterday that it will in fact keep providing services in the country until the end of the year. Paypal had warned it would close services in Thailand after Thai authorities wanted it to verify all users’ identities, in order to prevent money laundering. But now, Paypal has released a statement apologising for confusion, and clarifying that it has canceled the account limitations scheduled to start in Thailand on March 7. Current users can still use paypal’s consumer and business services until the end of the […]

The story Paypal will still work in Thailand until the end of the year as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

When on the 5th day, of my 7 weeks traveling through Thailand holidays, from January-March 2020, the ATM I used, took my debit card. PayPal was one of the two options, I had to transfer money, from my Dutch (ING) bank, to a Thai pickup facilitator, banks or post offices. 

Be aware; Thai ATM's use more steps, than you're used to back home, to finally toss out the money you need. In top of that you're also bombarded with unnecessary advertising, which addresses locals. Once you press that English, German, or whatever other languages button, the ATM's programming, should easily be able to skip that shite.

Had this anti laundering act been in place in 2020, my holidays most certainly would have been ruined.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Erno said:

When on the 5th day, of my 7 weeks traveling through Thailand holidays, from January-March 2020, the ATM I used, took my debit card. PayPal was one of the two options, I had to transfer money, from my Dutch (ING) bank, to a Thai pickup facilitator, banks or post offices. 

Be aware; Thai ATM's use more steps, than you're used to back home, to finally toss out the money you need. In top of that you're also bombarded with unnecessary advertising, which addresses locals. Once you press that English, German, or whatever other languages button, the ATM's programming, should easily be able to skip that shite.

Had this anti laundering act been in place in 2020, my holidays most certainly would have been ruined.

I have a US bank account and try to use Bangkok Bank atm's when possible and haven't had a problem 

• Like 1

I got an SMS message from Bangkok Bank on Friday asking "If you wish to make an online purchase with your debit card,please call Bualuang Phone 1333.

So I called yesterday, explained that I use it for Ebay and PayPal and Lazada etc, and after about 10 minutes of verification and stuff was told it should all be fine and to wait for 3 hours to process first, So I feel confident that all will work out fine.

Edited by Thaidup