News Forum - Thai Army’s Channel 5 spreads fake news on Russian attack in Ukraine

Thaiger

Earlier this week, two anchors of the Thai army-owned TV station Channel 5 falsely stated that Ukrainians “faked casualties” in a broadcast of their Lao Khao Khon (เล่าข่าวข้น). The footage was actually from a climate change protest in Austria last month where activists lay on the ground with body bags as a demonstration. From the original clip that went viral on social media, a reporter is seen presenting in front of what seem to be rows of body bags. Until a woman comes over to zip it back, and a person can be seen moving around within one of the […]

The story Thai Army’s Channel 5 spreads fake news on Russian attack in Ukraine as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

28 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Earlier this week, two anchors of the Thai army-owned TV station Channel 5 falsely stated that Ukrainians “faked casualties” in a broadcast of their Lao Khao Khon

What was that about a crackdown on this sort of thing ..

I was under the impression that under the emergency decree, current in Thailand, that  there are strict rules against using any form of media to promote fake news.

Thai Prem stated a while ago he will pursue and charge anyone spreading false news. As this is a Army website what chance ? 2 Burmese dressed up and trying to cause trouble.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, vlad said:

Thai Prem stated a while ago he will pursue and charge anyone spreading false news. As this is a Army website what chance ? 2 Burmese dressed up and trying to cause trouble.

Yes he did. But he whispered under his breath “fake news about me or my army buddies”

Talking about fake news....there can be fatal unintended consequences. I have not read 1 single Mainstream Media delve into the real reason Russia invaded Ukraine. The approved narrative always points to Russia's "military ambition," like the one that suggests China is trying to take over USA.

And Thais offering their lives to fight for Ukraine is like fightingbUSA-Mex border patrol. Thinking that they are sacrificing for a noble cause, they would instead be facilitating drug-gang-human trafficking.

• Haha 1