News Forum - Tourism officials recommend that tourists be allowed to enter without registering for Thailand Pass

Thaiger

Tourism officials are urging the government to allow tourists to enter the country without registering for a Thailand Pass. Officials have requested that the requirement be lifted in the next phase of easing restrictions, but no proposal for the government has been drafted. Travellers entering the country through the Test & Go and Sandbox scheme must register for entry using the Thailand Pass system. Once approved, which can take a week, travellers will have a QR code that will be scanned when entering the country. Authorities from Thailand’s Board of Trade and Tourism Authority of Thailand, along with more than […]

The story Tourism officials recommend that tourists be allowed to enter without registering for Thailand Pass as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It's funny how often the idea that wealthy foreigners are keen to sweep in and save the day pops up in Thai tourism planning.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Tourism officials are urging the government to allow tourists to enter the country without registering for a Thailand Pass.

Their brains will be going in to melt down mode if the T P continues .. what they urge or recommend and what is likely to happen are poles apart .. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

He added that there are plans to boost Thailand’s tourism with a focus on drawing in wealthy foreigners.

Plans to boost... Out of touch with reality, as usual.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Tourism officials are urging the government to allow tourists to enter the country without registering for a Thailand Pass.

Tourism officials would never get a job in government departments in Thailand as they don’t believe in the Thai red tape philosophy. Thai Departments generates paper, page after page after page. Thailand Plus is just adding to the A4 sheets.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Plans to boost... Out of touch with reality, as usual.

Nothing wrong with planning, but planning to build a dream castle in the sky?

• Haha 2

thai pass and slow is the biggest obstacle to tourist coming,100s of thousands had cancel holidays at their own expense,because of embassy slow response if indeed they do respond 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

consider an outbreak of plague hits a country, and that country requires all visitors from healthy abroad be quaranteened in a hospital; how ridiculous that would be???? They will be the laughing stocks of every1 else......<deleted content> .....sickining indeed.

Edited by BigHewer
Misinformation removed
  • Like 2

With many other countries dropping all restrictions or greatly reducing them I can see Thailand doing so soon as well.  If not people will spend their holidays elsewhere.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Very misleading headline. The article said  'some people suggested', which seems pretty weak.

I've read the article, @LoongFred, and there's no such wording. Were you into another one and maybe got your wires crossed?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

With many other countries dropping all restrictions or greatly reducing them I can see Thailand doing so soon as well.  If not people will spend their holidays elsewhere.  

Already booked my trip to Philippines! 
not worth the Thailand scheming hassles ….

• Like 3

Drop the vaccine requirement for those who can show proof of infection and antibodies and drop masks outdoors and keep the PCR test within 3 days of travel and you'll see a significant increase in tourism.💯

• Like 1

3 hours ago, totes said:

Already booked my trip to Philippines! 
not worth the Thailand scheming hassles ….

Wise decision, at least you get to see gogo girls dancing anywhere in P.I unlike in Thailand, you will never see that happen anytime soon.

They keep coming up with all these variations of a theme, except for the one that works. That as we all know, is the system as it was, pre-pandemic.

There is now no reason to continue with all this nonsense, scheming  and official scams. The virus is now the Omicron B1 variant and is widely acknowledged as being much less problematical than previous variants and is regarded as the best vaccine that we didn't make, especially if you are a fully vaccinated person. I'm sure that there will always be exceptions, and that is unfortunate. Yes numbers are high, yes infection is climbing rapidly. But,numbers are declining rapidly and deaths are thankfully small in comparison to other waves. So, just let fully vaccinated tourists in and let us make our own adult risk assessment and decisions.

Thailand, unfortunately,  is still trying to deal with the Omicron wave the same way that they dealt with previous waves.

Hopefully, they will find a way to save face, and relax measures fully, after Songkran in preparation for high season 2022/23.

• Like 1

We have tickets to fly in on April 7 for 4 weeks to visit family.

If the Test on Arrival scheme is still in place at the end of of March we are cancelling.

Edited by KomanderChicknNugget
  • Like 2

We canceled our plane tickets and hotel reservations for last month in Bangkok. My wife and I live in the USA, are fully vaccinated and boosted, and have no problem wearing a mask in public. However, the expense and hassle of the excessive covid testing just wasn't worth it. We were required to have a RT-PCR test within 72 hours before flying ($250 USD cost in the USA), then get a second PCR test as soon as we arrived (our Bangkok hotel would charge another $150 USD), then get an antigen test on day 5, and finally a fourth test that the USA requires the day before we board to fly home. Besides the hassle, all of the excessive testing would have added another $1,000 to $1,200 USD to the cost of our trip; it just wasn't worth it. We're not "wealthy" Americans but when we do travel, my wife manages to spend thousands of dollars shopping for clothing and jewelry. I don't mind that as much as wasting money unnecessarily.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Samtrio said:

thailand daily covid cases is more than all of europe & usa altogether

Bullsh*t Daily cases in the US were more than double Thailand's yesterday! Stop your rubbish misinformation.