Thai government apologises for data leak, blames “temporary glitch”

Thaiger

The Thai government has released a statement apologising for the data leak on Monday which saw people who registered for a Covid vaccine have their personal information revealed. The government says there was a “temporary glitch” on the thailandintervac.com vaccination booking website and the error was because of “urgent system maintenance”. Soon after the website launched, multiple expats complained that they could see and edit the personal information of other people registering because the information appeared on the web page. The site was quickly taken down. The site was shortly restored. The Deputy Spokesperson for Thailand’s Foreign Affairs Ministry, Natapanu Nopakun, […]

The post Thai government apologises for data leak, blames “temporary glitch” appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

43 minutes ago, Das said:

And  this is why I will download any tracking apps to a burner phone and leave it in my hotel when I return.

Yes, I wouldn't blame you!

Hello, Das and welcome to T-T!

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

KC