News Forum - UKRAINE UPDATES: Russia captures key port city, 1 million refugees have fled

Thaiger

4 hours ago, MikeEllen said:

But will never truly be taken as Russian forces will suffer a death by a thousand cuts of an insurgency. Then, eventually Russian forces will leave in shame and return to their country, which will be like a third world slum by then. 

So, well done to Russia for destroying a healthy democracy and replacing it with a wreck of a country full of corpses and a deadly intent to resist tyranny. Good work Russia. You will now be stuck within your borders, unable to leave and surrounded by the NATO hardware you feared. f***ing idiots. 👍

Healthy democracy? OMG ! Check facts ahead of propaganda please!

• Like 2

Any Port or strategic control of in the East  is strategic  to Russian interests. That is why  given Nato 's seductive expressions of acceptance of Ukraine  that Russia so "rudely" annexed the Crimea  because it provided  the territorial access to the Port they had a legitimate  lease on that western interests were trying to inhibit !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Convert54 said:

Hear, hear, @Convert54, but I suspect more a case of 'Like'-grabbing rhetoric than propaganda.

30 minutes ago, Convert54 said:

You talking about yourself? Your Q Anon and Putin facts you mean? 

*Moderator note: I think Cv54 was referring to Ukraine, not Russia.*

Edited by KaptainRob
Off-topic post relating to historic events (Cz/ww2) removed and Sd's post modified for clarity

Thread is being reviewed ... please standby.

2 posts removed and hopefully some clarity will now prevail.  Please return to the primary topic and try not to wander off into discussion about past conflicts.

The topic is about Ukraine's refugee crisis.

Thread will re-open.

Edited by KaptainRob

1 hour ago, Smithydog said:

I am struggling to understand how you can justify the current situation in the Ukraine using the missions you state.

I am not justifyng the war in Ukraine. You've never asked for my opinion and I've never told that I support this war. I'm totaly against it and I consider it as crime against humanity.

I'm arguing here about the role of westerns and feelings of average russian that born and raised in USSR.

Firstly, for historical content, NATO was established in 1949, 6 years before the Warsaw pact was created in 1955. https://www.history.com/topics/cold-war/formation-of-nato-and-warsaw-pact

Thanks for the correction. I messed up with dates in my first comment.

Russia has no such resolution for Ukraine, using their own veto power to avoid any Security Council resolution on their own action. If it is so holy and needed, why was no resolution gained before acting? 

The UN Security council is powerless here. Russia couldn't have gained the Council resolution because of others veto so the other member can't gain resoultion against Russia on the same reason.

The Counsil is an improper forum for such situations. It's not good, not bad. It just how it is made in 1945 and how it works.

2 hours ago, Smithydog said:

Are they simply saying that because other countries may have done it, it is ok for us to do the same? 

Unfortunately, one of several reasons some people use to justify this war.

Are you saying NATO should now go in because Russia has?

Now is best time to act so if westerns want to deal with it. But I can't call for another world war.

2 hours ago, Smithydog said:

If the intention in Ukraine was to act as peacekeepers, why weren't the troops just sent into the two disputed territories first. Why are the Russians seeking to attack areas not in dispute and seem now to be attacking areas beyond military targets to "protect" their troops. 

The answer is simple. It is not Putin's intention whatsoever to be "Peacekeepers". It is all a "Maskikrovka" (Military Deception) and nothing aligned to his true purpose of expanding the Russian empire back to the glory days. Another dictator thinking he can do whatever he wants.

Agree.

51 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

So are you saying that you feel oppressed  and that is the reason you are killing civilians Inc women and children, bombing civilian housing, nuclear power plants, need I go on?

Personally me? I feel harrased by agressive westerns only for a different point of view on some events. So  sometimes I suspect I talk to russians not wersterns in the forums or it's just prohibited to have a different view in "free" countries too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1l1 said:

Personally me? I feel harrased by agressive westerns only for a different point of view on some events. So  sometimes I suspect I talk to russians not wersterns in the forums or it's just prohibited to have a different view in "free" countries too.

Well you shouldn't feel "harrassed" but on the other hand can I suggest that the westerners are not being aggressive but simply cannot understand why you would take the side of a phychopath that appears to be addicted to steroids, the man is not right in his head and may be on his way to obliterate as much of the world as he possibly can.

Let's concentrate what is happening now, Putin had no reason what-so-ever to invade (Putin has forbidden the media using the word "invade") Ukraine. You do not have a free press and Putin watches every word they say or print. The western media is by no means perfect, infact far from it, but it is not controlled by our governments, they can print what they damn well like and if we don't like it, we go somewhere else for our information, you do not have that option, you will take on information that has been approved by Putin, one word out of line and it's 25 years in a modern day gulag and if you cannot see why some westerners are a little miffed at your acceptance to such a regime there is not a lot else I can say.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1l1 said:

Probably certainly he is out of his mind.

Maybe you should learn the difference between round and warm? What's your point? NATO didn't has anything to do with Yugoslavia?

Western European and US soldiers  were there together with Russian soldiers operating under the flag of the UN.

4 hours ago, 1l1 said:

NATO is established to opposite the Warsaw treaty organization and the Soviet Union but enlarged to the east after both were collapsed in 1991. 

NATO invaded and forced Bosnia in 1992, Yugoslavia in 1999, Lybia in 2011.

So at 00-s russians were fed enough of this bullshit about NATO peacekeeping intentions and made their choise.

Simple test to understand if Russia always was the goal of NATO -- could NATO have accepted Russia in 1990-s before Putins regime? I doubt so.

NATO AIR Power used to Stop Genocide on its doorstop. 
NATO do not accept unfree corrupt chaotic countries. 
NATO sole intent always clear. To Defend Free European Nations against Russian Totalitarianism.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

So Putin wanted to send in peace keeping forces into Donbas. Thats what he he said.

Why has he invaded the whole of the Ukraine then?

To be fair, he didn't say that. He recognized the self-proclaimed republics, signed an aid treaty with them, and later said he was launching a military operation.

I am not a military expert, but if Russian troops entered only the DPR and LPR, this would obviously provoke a response from Ukraine - the advancement of troops into the invasion zone. From a military point of view, it is reasonable to prevent this, and we see that in the DPR and DPR the rebel advance is going almost without resistance.

Putin has long been doing the same thing as his Western counterparts - the ban on the media in Europe (RT), invasions of sovereign countries without UN approval (Yugoslavia), the recognition of self-proclaimed states (Kosovo), the persecution of dissidents (Assange).

"West" is no different from Putin

Edited by KRLMRX
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Western European and US soldiers  were there together with Russian soldiers operating under the flag of the UN.

UN flags appeared after the NATO invasion, when Russia also invaded and NATO had to reckon with this.

6 hours ago, MikeEllen said:

But will never truly be taken as Russian forces will suffer a death by a thousand cuts of an insurgency. Then, eventually Russian forces will leave in shame and return to their country, which will be like a third world slum by then. 

So, well done to Russia for destroying a healthy democracy and replacing it with a wreck of a country full of corpses and a deadly intent to resist tyranny. Good work Russia. You will now be stuck within your borders, unable to leave and surrounded by the NATO hardware you feared. f***ing idiots. 👍

Ukraine recognized as (sufficiently) free & democratic by West otherwise would not be getting NATO / West support. BUT like Russia it’s highly corrupt, lacks border / land control & would be vetoed from ever joining NATO. BUT now Sweden & Finland WILL join NATO.

Yes. Even the long suffering Russians especially young generation will have had enough of Putin isolating Russia after all this ends.

6 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

You do not have a free press and Putin watches every word they say or print. The western media is by no means perfect, infact far from it, but it is not controlled by our governments, they can print what they damn well like and if we don't like it, we go somewhere else for our information, you do not have that option, you will take on information that has been approved by Putin

Not quite. Russian gov't controls only tv broadcast. You are free (yet) to get information from other sources in internet. Almost everyone (even elders) have access to internet and to opposition media, wester media, ukranian media but majority do not believe other sources. Some people do not believe state media and western media both. I'm not pro in sociology or psychology, maybe it's just a bias. Westerners have a bias or prejudice against russians, russians against westernes, south koreans against japanese, japanese against muslims, shia against sunni, both against jews and christians etc. Humans are irrational and easily fall for prejudice. Thats how propaganda works playing on confirmaton bias. Regardless of nationality and race.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

NATO sole intent always clear. To Defend Free European Nations against Russian Totalitarianism.

Absolutely! That's why Russia always be against NATO - because NATO sole intent is to be against Russia. Solid and clear as Karl Marx idea of a permanent fight of bourgeoisie and proletariat.

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Ukraine recognized as (sufficiently) free & democratic by West otherwise would not be getting NATO / West support.

God! The US funded the ukranian revolution in 2014 and set puppets in new government. Sure thing they call it free & democratic!

Using shorthand and nicknames, they [Nuland and Pyatt] game out what they would like to see opposition figures do and say, and discuss how best to influence some opposition decision-making.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/in-purported-recording-of-us-diplomat-blunt-talk-on-ukraine/2014/02/06/518240a4-8f4b-11e3-84e1-27626c5ef5fb_story.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26079957

Or wait.. WP and BBC are brainwashing putin controlled media too?

3 hours ago, 1l1 said:

Absolutely! That's why Russia always be against NATO - because NATO sole intent is to be against Russia. Solid and clear as Karl Marx idea of a permanent fight of bourgeoisie and proletariat.

No. Russia is against NATO because it Russia is Not Free & Fears Free West.

Solution: Russia to Get Free so Cease Being a Huge Threat to West.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 1l1 said:

Not quite. Russian gov't controls only tv broadcast. You are free (yet) to get information from other sources in internet. Almost everyone (even elders) have access to internet and to opposition media, wester media, ukranian media but majority do not believe other sources. Some people do not believe state media and western media both. I'm not pro in sociology or psychology, maybe it's just a bias. Westerners have a bias or prejudice against russians, russians against westernes, south koreans against japanese, japanese against muslims, shia against sunni, both against jews and christians etc. Humans are irrational and easily fall for prejudice. Thats how propaganda works playing on confirmaton bias. Regardless of nationality and race.

But this is not what I'm reading at the moment on the internet, Putin is throttling the internet too. Why would the man control what the citizens watch on the TV and not on the internet, it just doesn't make any sense.

But you say "Russian gov't controls only TV broadcast" you are making this sound as if it doesn't matter and it is quite normal, most rational thinking people would describe that as controlling and conditioning the masses at the very least, surely you must agree with that?

Putins grip is tightening all the time on all media outlets, this is his latest attempt to stifle what the people can watch or read, did you know about this?

"Facebook on Friday became the first American tech giant to be blocked by the Russian government, as part of the Kremlin’s broadening campaign to tighten control of the internet and limit spaces for dissent about the war in Ukraine.

The move could foreshadow further restrictions against other tech companies such as Google, which owns YouTube, and Twitter. Both have also been under pressure by the Russian government.

Roskomnadzor, Russia’s internet regulator, said in a statement that Facebook would be blocked for what it said were 26 cases of discrimination against Russian media. It also cited Facebook’s steps to restrict Russian media outlets including Zvezda, RIA Novosti, Sputnik, Russia Today, Lenta.ru and Gazeta.ru."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/04/world/europe/russia-facebook-ukraine.html

• Like 2

17 hours ago, oldschooler said:

NATO AIR Power used to Stop Genocide on its doorstop. 
NATO do not accept unfree corrupt chaotic countries. 

Exactly. And we could see in Grosny, Syria, etc for what Russian army made there a massacre on civillians to support dictatorships.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, 1l1 said:

God! The US funded the ukranian revolution in 2014 and set puppets in new government. Sure thing they call it free & democratic!

Using shorthand and nicknames, they [Nuland and Pyatt] game out what they would like to see opposition figures do and say, and discuss how best to influence some opposition decision-making.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/in-purported-recording-of-us-diplomat-blunt-talk-on-ukraine/2014/02/06/518240a4-8f4b-11e3-84e1-27626c5ef5fb_story.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26079957

Or wait.. WP and BBC are brainwashing putin controlled media too?

You descriped exact what Russia did in Ukraine and other countries 😅😂🤣

They put muppet governments in these countries and funded them and thats why there were revolutions because they want to vote their own governments, decide for themself, to be a souvereign country NOT OCCUPIED BY RUSSIA and their country not raped and robbed by Russia!

Astounishing how the people who are feeded by Putin propaganda lost completly the connecting to the reality and planet earth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stardust said:

You descriped exact what Russia did in Ukraine and other countries 😅😂🤣

They put muppet governments in these countries and funded them and thats why there were revolutions because they want to vote their own governments, decide for themself, to be a souvereign country NOT OCCUPIED BY RUSSIA and their country not raped and robbed by Russia!

Astounishing how the people who are feeded by Putin propaganda lost completly the connecting to the reality and planet earth.

Yes. That insurgency to drive out the Putin puppet denying the will of people & parliament for EU trade was all over Ukraine. A clear popular uprising. No evidence of western support but if so SO WHAT ? West Supporting & Defending other Democracies allowed. 

20 hours ago, 1l1 said:

Same tyrant govt control PRINCIPLE . Extent Irrelevant & Changing at Unaccountable Tyrant Discretion.

Free People consider Unfree People as Slave Cowards & Their Tyrant Regimes as Oppressors / Robbers.  

Now will you Stop your Deflecting Subject -Changing, Putin -Justifying, Race / Sectarian Nonsense…..

15 hours ago, oldschooler said:

No. Russia is against NATO because it Russia is Not Free & Fears Free West.

Solution: Russia to Get Free so Cease Being a Huge Threat to West.

Dissect that expression of opinion based on historical outcomes devoid of subscription to propaganda on either side and see if that in ongoing historical potential  the "solution"  you subscribe to is actual.

The cost in human lives in the imposition of a regime that performs in accordance to expectations is irrelevant to those who "invest" in such expectations. 

Questions as to morality, sanity , accountability, rear up immediately ahead of any genuine consideration of more complex aspects in  justifiability .

Free West  versus (?) Unfree Russia?

The reality IMO is that there is actually little difference overall beyond the propaganda.

In these countries of declared opposing but duplicitous  political dictate check as to the percentage of population that lives on or below the  poverty level then check political alignment  and then economic standards . A wise comparison is that of  nominated "Standard of Living " versus "Quality of Life" in any global scrutiny. The differentiation is important in consideration of propaganda.

AS important is the realization that State imposed compulsory  "education" as a propagandist tool does not automatically impart intelligence as some would believe. Thankfully  although socially disturbingly this  perpetuates the elements of social thus  political  reactivity  humanity experiences.

Putin's agression in the Ukraine is a lamentable  outcome that equally belongs to the geopolitical junta that NATO is. People can declare it a "defensive" organisation. A defensive move can also be a precursor to some thing aggressive. Ask an experienced Chess player !

5 hours ago, Stardust said:

Syria, etc for what Russian army made there a massacre on civillians to support dictatorships.

Right. Russians made a massacre on syrians and thats why syrian people hate americans. You are totaly brainwashed.