News Forum - TANGMO: 5 friends face charges, police not convinced as new evidence emerges

Thaiger

The five friends of Thai actress Nida “Tangmo” Ptcharaveerapong who were on the speedboat when she fell overboard and drowned last Thursday may likely face charges of negligence leading to death and giving false statements, the Bangkok Post quoted a police source as saying. Tangmo’s five boat buddies were her manager, Idsarin “Gatick” Juthasuksawat; another woman, Wisapat “Sand” Manomairat; a man, Nitas “Job” Kiratisoothisathorn; the boat owner, Tanupat “Por” Lerttaweewit; and the unlicensed skipper, Phaiboon “Robert” Trikanjananun. As the investigation marks one week since Tangmo’s death, the five companions are still considered witnesses, not suspects. Police have already charged Por […]

The story TANGMO: 5 friends face charges, police not convinced as new evidence emerges as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

10 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Apparently, the mother is strapped for cash and needs the 30 Million insurance payout!! This is all a set up AKA: "A hit!" EVERYONE IS LYING THEIR ASS OFF!

I fully understand your scepticism, @whitesnake, re the possible motives of all involved - the 'buddies', the mother and, of course, the cops. Just so sad that there was that awful price to pay!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, whitesnake said:

Apparently, the mother is strapped for cash and needs the 30 Million insurance payout!! This is all a set up AKA: "A hit!" EVERYONE IS LYING THEIR ASS OFF!

Only it wasn’t from an insurance company 🙄 

• Like 1

Yesterday she said on tv that 30 million was on the cards but she was going to hold out for 60 million !!

8 days grieving period over….. now “ show me the money “ !!

• Like 2

A disgusting display of lies and greed playing out on Thai social media and TV.  The mother is just as bad as those on the boat and powerful alliances muddy the waters to confuse investigators.  Jail the lot of them!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

A disgusting display of lies and greed playing out on Thai social media and TV.  The mother is just as bad as those on the boat and powerful alliances muddy the waters to confuse investigators.  Jail the lot of them!

The thing is, too many Thais look at their kids as cash registers

This is the extreme of it

Buy when a parent has been thinking of their kid in terms of how much they can provide them, how many parents in Thailand would take the payout and shut up 

I think there would be a lot

It's a perverted system 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Buy when a parent has been thinking of their kid in terms of how much they can provide them, how many parents in Thailand would take the payout and shut up 

It's a perverted system 

I don't agree with all of that, there's just as much greed shown in Western families, often the other way around though.   One thing about Thai families, they are very close knit and supportive of the clan as a whole.

AFAIK, Tangmo was raised by her father, the mother having deserted them.  The mother's after the dosh and her 5 minutes in the spotlight to push her agenda.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

It's a perverted system 

Absolutely right, as in all poor families in backward countries, but this woman is a particularly nasty example of that.  Social media is ripping her to bits, quite rightly. 

• Like 1

An interesting exercise....

Ask what you yourself would do if you were the mother. Up against wealthy Elites, most likely outcome is....Same as RedBull heir case.

Note that the friends called influential people after the accident, instead of coming clean with the police. 

All said and done, this case might fizzle away.... Just as it's starting to look like for he RedBull case.

I don't blame Mom for squeezing everything out of these wealthy Elites who probably didn't lose a second of sleep. They can buy justice for themselves but compensation might be the only consolation Mom can realistically hope for. She may be the only one hurting now.

Today, Money decides everything. Ethics, Honesty, Transparency were all banished from this world decades ago.

Edited by ShibaBud
Correct spelling. Add relevant matter.

1 hour ago, ShibaBud said:

An interesting exercise....

Ask what you yourself would do if you were the mother. Up against wealthy Elites, most likely outcome is....Same as RedBull heir case.

Note that the friends called influential people after the accident, instead of coming clean with the police. 

All said and done, this case might fizzle away.... Just as it's starting to look like for he RedBull case.

I don't blame Mom for squeezing everything out of these wealthy Elites who probably didn't lose a second of sleep. They can buy justice for themselves but compensation might be the only consolation Mom can realistically hope for. She may be the only one hurting now.

Today, Money decides everything. Ethics, Honesty, Transparency were all banished from this world decades ago.

I don't take a penny

And no real, self respecting parent would either 

Most parents would rather be poor than take a payout to not pursue their child's possible murder 

On 3/5/2022 at 9:51 AM, Marc26 said:

It's a perverted system 

It may be weird to you but only because it is the other way for how we are brought up, and like that of in the USA there are the kids or relatives who are licking their chops at what they will get when dear ole mom and dad kick the bucket or even scheming out how they can get the money before that happens. Now I think when it is considering her mom, this seems, feels and looks totally a bit off to meas the mom coming off as not really caring or even loved her daughter, but we also do not know who she is dealing with as who she is or would be up against, and the story is a  certain someone is very well connected all the way to the tippy top. Dad was a different story, but what we don't know or see or hear is maybe the why this direction is playing out that way.. 

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

It may be weird to you but only because it is the other way for how we are brought up, and like that of in the USA there are the kids or relatives who are licking their chops at what they will get when dear ole mom and dad kick the bucket or even scheming out how they can get the money before that happens. Now I think when it is considering her mom, this seems, feels and looks totally a bit off to meas the mom coming off as not really caring or even loved her daughter, but we also do not know who she is dealing with as who she is or would be up against, and the story is a  certain someone is very well connected all the way to the tippy top. Dad was a different story, but what we don't know or see or hear is maybe the why this direction is playing out that way.. 

My stepson is a Junior at Thamassat 

He is likely going to go for his Masters or maybe even medical school 

My wife just said last month she wants him to finish school so "he can take care of me"

We don't and will never need $1.00 from him

It's just a stupid, show off attitude for score keeping and I let her know how ridiculous she was talking 

The pressure I have seen so many Thais under to "take care" of their parents, way above just providing what they may need, is absurd 

But just like everything, everywhere, not just Thailand.....

A noble cause has been perverted.......

22 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

My wife just said last month she wants him to finish school so "he can take care of me"

It's just a stupid, show off attitude for score keeping and I let her know how ridiculous she was talking 

The pressure I have seen so many Thais under to "take care" of their parents, way above just providing what they may need, is absurd 

You are totally right!

The 5 so called whitnesses are quilty already, by going home and not search for Tangmo, 5 adults .

10 years for not taking care!

Another exsample justice is for the poor, not the rich!

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 3:15 PM, Thaiger said:

The five friends of Thai actress Nida “Tangmo” Ptcharaveerapong who were on the speedboat when she fell overboard and drowned last Thursday may likely face charges of negligence leading to death and giving false statements, the Bangkok Post quoted a police source as saying. Tangmo’s five boat buddies were her manager, Idsarin “Gatick” Juthasuksawat; another woman, Wisapat “Sand” Manomairat; a man, Nitas “Job” Kiratisoothisathorn; the boat owner, Tanupat “Por” Lerttaweewit; and the unlicensed skipper, Phaiboon “Robert” Trikanjananun. As the investigation marks one week since Tangmo’s death, the five companions are still considered witnesses, not suspects. Police have already charged Por […]

The story TANGMO: 5 friends face charges, police not convinced as new evidence emerges as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The 5 "friends", should be held responsible for her death, not saving her and try to put their (non) actions  under the carpet.

At least 10 years, as a warning people should do everything in their power to save a life and not walk away as these rich people did.

Shame on them, shame!

40 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Well in a small way I disagree with you, but to each his or her own. I help to take care of my Thai Mother in Law here and don't really care so much about the doing it, as in it is ok with me. In the USA my brother took care of my dad for special things like trips all over the world and domestic USA travel, and some bills when he was alive as my brother is quite well off. Big deal and was quality of life. For me, I will be ok but if my kids get a good break in life and are better to well off then I would have no problem with them taking care of their mom and me for somethings. Of course I have supported all of them from day one to day now including University and spending money, but there is no pressure I ever put on them to feel responsible for me or their mom later. All I say is just marry a rich girlfriend or boyfriend. : )

Anyway, score keeping never comes into my frame of mind, but you bet I will also go the extra mile to help them start a business of their own when it comes into play at taht time. So maybe I can just be a silent helping invested partner, and that way they won't feel obligated or pressure. Either of the or for my kids as I am going to be alright with them or without them and when it comes to family I am not that proud or fat headed if at a later date they have success and want to help dear old mom and dad out..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Well in a small way I disagree with you, but to each his or her own. I help to take care of my Thai Mother in Law here and don't really care so much about the doing it, as in it is ok with me. In the USA my brother took care of my dad for special things like trips all over the world and domestic USA travel, and some bills when he was alive as my brother is quite well off. Big deal and was quality of life. For me, I will be ok but if my kids get a good break in life and are better to well off then I would have no problem with them taking care of their mom and me for somethings. Of course I have supported all of them from day one to day now including University and spending money, but there is no pressure I ever put on them to feel responsible for me or their mom later. All I say is just marry a rich girlfriend or boyfriend. : )

Anyway, score keeping never comes into my frame of mind, but you bet I will also go the extra mile to help them start a business of their own when it comes into play at taht time. So maybe I can just be a silent helping invested partner, and that way they won't feel obligated or pressure. Either of the or for my kids as I am going to be alright with them or without them and when it comes to family I am not that proud or fat headed if at a later date they have success and want to help dear old mom and dad out..

Oh I help out my Thai family quite a bit

But I've done just as much for my own family, or more

So helping out my Thai family was never a question or a dilemma for me

Family should help each other out

Even spoil each often from time to time, if you can afford it

I just feel Thais put way too much pressure and onus on it and a lot of them abuse it as well

Not all of them, but a lot do.....

As I said, the concept is noble and there are many noble instances of it

But like everything else that starts noble, it has been abused and perverted 

38 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I just feel Thais put way too much pressure and onus on it and a lot of them abuse it as well

My Thai family has never asked for anything. We help with nieces and nephews education but only because we offer and they would never ask. My inlaws had a nice large home and were prosperous, but not rich. They always encouraged education and hard honest work. We tried to get them to travel, but the best we could do was get my mother in law to fly to Chiang Mai with us. She was very funny talking with the airhostices and looking out the window. She did however want to take another way home. The hotel was arranged by my friend at Thai airways and they gave us the deluxe treatment, which kind of overwhelmed her. She had some good stories for her friends when we got home.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 12:34 PM, Marc26 said:

Children taking care of elders.

That is normal in Thailand Paul. They don’t have a pension system and retirement as we, with the exception of some functions as police. A friend from 25 years ago studied law (didn’t finish university) but had a lot of rai in Nakhon Si Thammarat, brother studied civil engineer, her son is doctor now, but at that time she wanted a sister who also studied at university to become a police officer, as that would provide social security to her sister but also her mother.

That is why in Thailand (and some neighbouring countries) it is still so that children have to take care of their parents. No pension for everybody.

1 hour ago, Alavan said:

Children taking care of elders.

That is normal in Thailand Paul. They don’t have a pension system and retirement as we, with the exception of some functions as police. A friend from 25 years ago studied law (didn’t finish university) but had a lot of rai in Nakhon Si Thammarat, brother studied civil engineer, her son is doctor now, but at that time she wanted a sister who also studied at university to become a police officer, as that would provide social security to her sister but also her mother.

That is why in Thailand (and some neighbouring countries) it is still so that children have to take care of their parents. No pension for everybody.

But my point is that it has become vastly perverted.......parents put way too many demands on a lot of their children, way over the basic living needs

We take care of our parents in the US as well, I don't know any person who has parents/grandparents that need help, that don't help

Most times, having the parents or grandparents living with them

And they don't put any sort of the pressure and demands I see so often in Thailand

On 3/6/2022 at 2:49 PM, Marc26 said:

Sorry Marc26 for a later reply. Been preoccupied. With due respect I have read very many of your different posts of stating for your - for how much of a degree and some how much in support or funding you do truly support for your wife and her son ( adopted step son) and so forth with other family on things that I can recall from my crotchety memory. More not excluding your son as the wife has her own work as a host server at a Thai restaurant.

And on the whole note I say that is wonderful and I am very glad you are financially doing well and can help them/him/her out. 

I don’t think it is true as in generalized as that most cases here in Thailand are the selfish one sided money grabbers who basically had a kid or kids and see it as a cash cow more than it being just like reversed from our normal American Upbringing.
Just my opinion off topic being a bit odd, I personally find it irrational for police to be able to pull over and give a motorcycle rider a fine for not having their rear foot peg holder retracted. 

To a point one is not really able to be substantiated as generalizing it as a money grab for how it works here, but also you have to consider that some Thai folks prepare for having something in action covering them after they support family and want zero back in return.

Other Thai  take care monetarily for their family and are not selfish to help them with their ascension or needs to do better in their life. In return it is well acknowledged as part of their culture unless mom and dad or aunt or uncle are well to do or as being fine to live an a-ok life with no problems. No return.

Most Thai I have met are in many ways not selfish, so same as you, or same as me we help and support our family without most of any resilience or dissatisfaction as we care and love them as family. For them (selfish in a way), it is more is like making brownie points in your belief of your religion as making merit of your life for their lives. So to set my thoughts straight, I want my merit on my part tallied, because so to-date in my life here, yes I have seen the money grab and the giving, but also the -  or rejected because selfish Thai no matter of what age you are, are scrambling for that proverbial you owe it to me baht, or howdy cousin, just heard you won the lottery.
- And then you say: Cousin who? From whose side of the family from whom? 8th generation far removed?. 

Anyway as now that I am on a road trip for the first time in 2 years away from home, by myself and with my dear high school USA friend, I say cheers. I am finally having some fun for this week being out of town away from home without my family. I am rewarding my self this week. Feels good to disconnect from the hip for a bit, but they gave the bank account that I made to freely use suiting this time away. Hope you are well today and happy.