When will 90 day reporting be due?

I arrived in Thailand on Dec 3, 2021 and obtained a non-immigrant "O" visa on Jan 7, 2021 that will allow me to stay until Apr 6.  Is my 90 day report due 90 days after Dec 3, or will it be due 90 days after Jan 7?

90 day reports are only due if spending more than 90 consecutive days in Thailand (without visiting an Immigration office in-between).

As soon as your 800K has been in a Thai bank account for 60 days you can apply for the 1 year extension of stay up to 30 days in advance of your current permission of stay expiring.
So effectively you could apply for the 1 year extension anytime from March 7th onwards.
Your 1 year extension should  be dated from the expiry date of your current permission of stay, Apr 6th 2022 - April 6th 2023.

Immigration will staple a notification of the due date of your first 90 day report date in the back pages of your Passport. This is usually 90 days after the day of granting the 1 year extension.

16 minutes ago, Faz said:

90 day reports are only due if spending more than 90 consecutive days in Thailand (without visiting an Immigration office in-between).

As soon as your 800K has been in a Thai bank account for 60 days you can apply for the 1 year extension of stay up to 30 days in advance of your current permission of stay expiring.
So effectively you could apply for the 1 year extension anytime from March 7th onwards.
Your 1 year extension should  be dated from the expiry date of your current permission of stay, Apr 6th 2022 - April 6th 2023.

Immigration will staple a notification of the due date of your first 90 day report date in the back pages of your Passport. This is usually 90 days after the day of granting the 1 year extension.

Thanks Faz.  So I don't have to do a a report for 90 days after O3 Dec?  I called immigration and didn't get a clear answer.  They suggested I do a 90 day report "just in case".  I tried doing it online but it was rejected.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

Thanks Faz.  So I don't have to do a a report for 90 days after O3 Dec? 

No, you last visited on Jan 7th for the Non O and you'll be visiting again before 90 days to apply for the 1 year extension.
The same question is often asked by those using the 60 day Covid extensions and the simple answer is 'no' because they visit an Immigration office every 60 days to renew their extensions.

It's only when your granted permission of stay for longer than 90 days that your required to submit 90 day reports and Immigration will attach a notification in your Passport to advise what date that is.

• Thanks 1

Thank you Faz for an extremely clear and concise answer.  Can you confirm if the first 90 day report must be done in person?  

37 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

Thank you Faz for an extremely clear and concise answer.  Can you confirm if the first 90 day report must be done in person?  

Usually the first 90 day report in person would only apply to those who entered Thailand and were granted permission of stay for 1 year on entry (Non Imm O-A) as example. That's because until you register your details at an Immigration office and they create a local file, they can't approve the report as they don't have any details.

When, as you, have applied for the Non O and the subsequent 1 year extension, your IO will have all your details and created a file, therefore the online should recognise you and work.

If your using the 800K in a Thai bank method, certain Immigration offices will require you to visit 90 days after your extension application to provide proof of keeping the 800K in the bank for the required 3 months. In that situation you'd submit the 90 day at the same time during the same visit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 4:05 PM, Faz said:

Everything happened exactly as you said.  You are an invaluable resource.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2022 at 6:05 PM, Faz said:

Usually the first 90 day report in person would only apply to those who entered Thailand and were granted permission of stay for 1 year on entry (Non Imm O-A) as example. That's because until you register your details at an Immigration office and they create a local file, they can't approve the report as they don't have any details.

When, as you, have applied for the Non O and the subsequent 1 year extension, your IO will have all your details and created a file, therefore the online should recognise you and work.

If your using the 800K in a Thai bank method, certain Immigration offices will require you to visit 90 days after your extension application to provide proof of keeping the 800K in the bank for the required 3 months. In that situation you'd submit the 90 day at the same time during the same visit.

They made no mention of visiting after 90 days to show that hadn't blown all 800 grand on a wild night out.

They also didn't mention coming to my residence a second time. When I applied for the initial visa,  two immigration officers came to my condo and took photos  of me standing beside my door and one of me holding my passport and bankbook and smiling sheepishly.  They said officers would visit again as the extension of stay was dealt with by a different department.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bushav8r said:

They made no mention of visiting after 90 days to show that hadn't blown all 800 grand on a wild night out.

As previously stated, only certain Immigration offices will require you to show the 800K again after 3 months.

6 hours ago, bushav8r said:

They also didn't mention coming to my residence a second time. When I applied for the initial visa,  two immigration officers came to my condo and took photos  of me standing beside my door and one of me holding my passport and bankbook and smiling sheepishly.  They said officers would visit again as the extension of stay was dealt with by a different department.

It's actually unusual for Immigration to make a house visit when applying based on retirement, but not unheard of before. Each office has it's own individual quirky procedures.

16 hours ago, Faz said:

As previously stated, only certain Immigration offices will require you to show the 800K again after 3 months.

It's actually unusual for Immigration to make a house visit when applying based on retirement, but not unheard of before. Each office has it's own individual quirky procedures.

I was very suprised too.  I searched online and found exactly what you just said.  Maybe the immigration officers just have too much time on their hands.  All my visits to to immigration have been short and sweet.  When I get a ticket for the queue  I am number 2 or 3 in line.

• Like 1

Hey

3 hours ago, bushav8r said:

I was very suprised too.  I searched online and found exactly what you just said.  Maybe the immigration officers just have too much time on their hands.  All my visits to to immigration have been short and sweet.  When I get a ticket for the queue  I am number 2 or 3 in line.

Don't let that 800 fall below 400, My last extension the officer told me they denied an application for that.