News Forum - French expat with Alzheimer’s rescued after getting lost in Chiang Mai forest

Thaiger

More than 200 people teamed up for a rescue effort to find a French expat with Alzheimer’s disease who went missing in Chiang Mai. He was found the next morning in an abandoned temple in a forest. The 70 year old man says he was driving to the French Embassy in Chiang Mai when he forgot the way home. His car ended up running out of batteries and he started walking to seek help, but walked into a forest where he got lost. The man’s Thai wife reported that her husband went missing after he drove 16 kilometres from the […]

The story French expat with Alzheimer’s rescued after getting lost in Chiang Mai forest as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Alzheimer's and still driving, how very responsible of him and those caring for him, to let him put others at risk. Words fail me. 

• Like 2

Many people all over the world are still permitted to drive with dementia if it is still in it's early stages.  Unfortunately I think this gentleman may have reached the point where it's time to hand over his keys.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wayan said:

I had something important to add but I forgot it.

That's alright, you'll remember in the middle of the night, but forget where your computer is. 😀

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

Alzheimer's and still driving, how very responsible of him and those caring for him, to let him put others at risk. Words fail me. 

IRRESPONSIBLE is the correct word.

And letting him drive with only 16 km worth of charge in his EV.

Edited by WilliamG
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Pinetree said:

If you have ever been through the pain of having to care for someone with Alzheimer's you would know how difficult it can be just to try and be responsible for them.

25 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

If you have ever been through the pain of having to care for someone with Alzheimer's you would know how difficult it can be just to try and be responsible for them.

Hide the keys, its not rocket science