Can they force me into hospital if i test positive?

StraDis

Hello. I am planning on coming to Thailand. I recovered from Covid 8 months ago and  am unvaccinated. In case of asymptomatic/mild case of Covid during  mandatory 10 day AQ, can they force me to go to hospital/hospitel if I refuse?

Edited by StraDis
spellling mistake
  • Like 1

Unvaccinated and 8 month ago covid?

Can you even get in, without having to quarantine?

I thought, sandbox or test&go is for fully vaccinated people, only?

8 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Yes... he can get in by doing a full quarantine. I will opine and answer the OP by saying you are entering a foreign country and basically you will be at the mercy of their dictates. I would say that before you come you get with a good medical doctor to discuss your travel, and what options you have to state your case that you do not need to go to a hospital, in the eventuality you do come up positive. There will be an opportunity for you to argue that you will not need to go to the hospital if you are asymptomatic or have mild signs and symptoms. Be prepared...

seems like powers that be in Thailand overdo hospitalization for mild Covid cases to the point where insurance companies refuse to cover it. That is my main concern. I don't want to be stuck with the few k$ bill hence my interest in legal grounds of the whole situation. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2022 at 1:06 PM, StraDis said:

Hello. I am planning on coming to Thailand. I recovered from Covid 8 months ago and  am unvaccinated. In case of asymptomatic/mild case of Covid during  mandatory 10 day AQ, can they force me to go to hospital/hospitel if I refuse?

Yes, they can because when you signed up for "Thailand Pass" you have agreed with the fine print that the Thai ministry of public health direction. There is no specific instruction of what you need to comply if you are tested positive but you need to comply. You can check the Thailand pass registration agreement policy at https://tp.consular.go.th/en/policy 

On 3/1/2022 at 7:26 AM, StraDis said:

I don't want to be stuck with the few k$ bill hence my interest in legal grounds of the whole situation. 

Judging by the large amount of people getting stuck with bills that their insurance won't pay (every situation seems to be different) it sounds like this is not a risk you should be taking.

On 2/28/2022 at 9:35 AM, Guest1 said:

As he stated, he has recovered from an infection, He has better antibodies in his system then a vaccinated non prior infected person. But to the OP even vaccinated and boosted visitors that test positive will be left to the discretion of Thai authorities. Have not seen any reports of tourists being physically taken and held in a hospital, (not like China) You may be confined to your hotel.

3 hours ago, Thaidup said:

As he stated, he has recovered from an infection, He has better antibodies in his system then a vaccinated non prior infected person. But to the OP even vaccinated and boosted visitors that test positive will be left to the discretion of Thai authorities. Have not seen any reports of tourists being physically taken and held in a hospital, (not like China) You may be confined to your hotel.

Recovered, longer as 6 month ago, also no vaccine on top, imho that still means AQ- Entry. No sandbox, no Test&Go possible. At least in February, when I asked that question.

Has that changed, till now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaidup said:

But he did state that in the OP.

I just should not have answered to this old topic at all, methinks.

Next time