News Forum - March 1 changes to the Test & Go program have been officially approved

Thaiger

5 minutes ago, Chatogaster said:

Good tips. A free yet reputable alternative for iCloud+'s email address privacy is DuckDuckGo. It also offers web & app tracking protection (again: for free).

Yes that’s another good tip. I use DuckDuckGo. I do find it a little less user friendly than some other web browsers, but it’s worth the ever so small inconveniences in order to give that extra protection. When using DDG  it’s amazing to see how many trackers and add blockers it stops from getting at your data. A simple search and click for “The Thaiger” for example, shows the following analysis:

BD1641D7-8DC2-4563-BC70-F98ED8A314FB.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BBY said:

I don’t think you will be alone in this, You probably need somebody with much more knowledge than me to guide you, but I think It might be worth creating a new email address and change any financial accounts that are linked to your existing email account to the new one you created.

I don’t quite understand why they want the last four digits of your passport number, unless they have lots of numbers and lots of passport information that they are trying to tie up with email addresses. I.E. trying to pull two or three separate lists together.

it might be that with the email address, (that they already have) a date of birth and the last four digits of the passport number, they can somehow pull all the relevant info together. 

As an absolute minimum I would change the passwords to very strong ones on all your financial accounts and E-mail accounts.

I believe the latest advice for passwords is, three completely random words unrelated to you. For example  skyfridgetree  could be any three totally random words. It’s very hard for hackers to crack because it doesn’t relate to you. I.E. it cannot be guessed looking at your social media. 

I am sure there are others on the forum with much more knowledge than me, that may be able to add or advise you.

good luck

I think you should start a new topic. This discussion has drifted away from Thailand Pass. Thanks